No announcement yet.

Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fallout from the Bush-Rhino era. So we gain control of the SCOTUS and a Busher joins the Libtards? Unbelievable.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I couldn't resist the rich bounty of ripe, low-hanging, fruit:

Comment

... how about this one?

Comment

At this point, they might as well fund DHS, TSA, and the Coast Guard and just leave the rest shutdown without pay for as long as it takes. Maybe during the shutdown Congress could determine if there are essential areas of other departments that are needed and just lay off hundreds of thousands of non-essential workers. The wall can be built with the savings.

Not sure why Trump doesn't use the over $30 billion he personally saved us by making NATO members fund more of their defense spending?

Comment

I'm not saying President Trump or the GOP are looking great in this thing, but I defy anyone to explain to me how Nancy and the Dems are looking good right now, or winning, which is what I understand they are doing according to the news I hear every day.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I'm not saying President Trump or the GOP are looking great in this thing, but I defy anyone to explain to me how Nancy and the Dems are looking good right now, or winning, which is what I understand they are doing according to the news I hear every day.
              Every shutdown in my lifetime has been the the fault of the Republicans, at least as reported, no matter the breakdown of branches and party in power of those branches.

Weird, right? Like rolling a set of dice that remarkably roll the same number each time.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Every shutdown in my lifetime has been the the fault of the Republicans, at least as reported, no matter the breakdown of branches and party in power of those branches.

Weird, right? Like rolling a set of dice that remarkably roll the same number each time.
                I was thinking the same thing, which got me curious about previous shutdowns.

In Carter's single term, he presided over 57 days of shutdown (4 different occurrences), while Dems had control of both houses of Congress. And I'm not positive, but I don't think back-pay was given then.

Source: List of all 17 Government Shutdowns

Probably still the fault of the Republicans.

Comment

I sympathize with the federal employees on a personal level. But not anymore than private sector employees let go when the economy goes South.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This amounts to a (delayed) paid vacation for most of the non-essentials. There are many banks and lending institutions working with their customers.

Use Bankrate.com's free tools, expert analysis, and award-winning content to make smarter financial decisions. Explore personal finance topics including credit cards, investments, identity protection, autos, retirement, credit reports, and so much more.

The ones you hear making the biggest fuss are Hillary supporters. They can go broke for all I care.

T

...:cool:

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I still say the President should make political hay by saying, whenever it's done (or now for that matter) "Whatever deal we eventually come up with, I'm not signing it unless the House, Senate and I get ZERO backpay. If you want to override my veto, good luck at the polls."

Supreme Court blocks Trump from ending DACA in big win for 'Dreamers'

Comment

Working...
                  X