John McCain Medical Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McCain Medical Condition

Supposebly the healthcare vote was being delayed by a week due to Senator John McCain having minor surgery to remove a blood clot above the eye. We are finding out it wasn't really that minor and it might be weeks for him to recover.

from CNN

"It's a significant operation," he said, adding that general anesthesia was used and "there was obviously an abnormality that was concerning enough for him to go through this."

Gupta prefers to refer to the clot as an "abnormality" because lab results are still pending and, "it's a pretty significant size of compression on that part of the brain."
    But the location of the clot could be indicative of something more. "The operation seems to have gone well, but one thing worth noting is that Senator McCain has a history of invasive melanoma in and around that area," Gupta said.
    NPR has more discussion

Neurosurgeon Peter Nakaji says that the operation performed on Sen. John McCain to remove a blood clot from his brain gets people home within days, but they still need time to recover.

Looks like Moran and Lee just finished off the current version's slim likelihood.

Comment

There is information coming out that McCain was aware of FISA surveillance of the Trump campaign and may have worked against them.

It would not surprise me to see McCain retire or not seek re-election.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

California professor (SDST) goes on a rant against well wishers who hope McCain can beat his brain cancer.

McCain is a war criminal and, more to the point, someone who as a politician has championed horrifying actions and been lousy on state commitment to public health," the professor said. "So dying or not, he's a risible public figure (I have no idea what he is like on the personal level and don't care). But ultimately what troubles me is the urge to send such well wishes to an utter stranger as it reinforces the notion that some lives are more important than others. There are lots of people with glioblastoma and who have died from it (including my mother 20 years ago).

Comment

I stopped reading at "California professor".

If there's something relevant, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X