No announcement yet.

Georgia 6th District Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of solar panels....Did anybody read the story about the coming environmental nightmare of wind turbine? There will be environmental nightmare involving the recycling of the wind turbine blades (most are composite) and models show that they may endanger the bat population to the point of extinction.

Comment

I dont think Trump is a better speaker than Obama is when he has a teleprompter. On teleprompter, obama is best in class. I think obama is polished. But Obama doesnt think well on his feet. When off script, he stammers and has trouble.

Overall obama is much better at delivering a speech. But I dont think either one of them is ever the smartest person in the room wherever they go. Even in a room of 9th graders. Their die hard supporters give them both too much credit. I would put them both closer to dunce than genius.

Trump has more real world experience. Obama is more philosophical.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Trump has more real world experience. Obama is more philosophical.
        To be blunt, you are just wrong. I cannot comprehend how you can say a man that graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Business School is a dunce, or how you can say Trump has more "real-world experience."

You are making the exact error I mentioned in previous post. You see a video of Obama stammering and conclude "This man is an idiot." That's a lowlight, not an average. I could show you clip, after clip, after clip of him speaking normally without a teleprompter and speaking more eloquently than Trump has or can.

Here are excepts of their writing. Trump's, from his books. Obama's, from an op-ed he wrote in the Economist. Can you tell which is which?
        1. I have had friends, many friends, who went to the _____ School with me who were very smart.
        2. Much of this discontent is driven by fears that are not fundamentally economic.
        3. While I can’t honestly say I need an eighty-foot living room, I get a kick out of having one.
        4. Decades of declining productivity growth and rising inequality have resulted in slower income growth for low- and middle-income families.
        5. Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.
        6. I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.
        7. I've read hundreds of books about China over the decades. I know the Chinese. I've made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind.
        8. How has a country that has benefited—perhaps more than any other—from immigration, trade and technological innovation suddenly developed a strain of anti-immigrant, anti-innovation protectionism?
        9. And if it can’t be fun, what’s the point?
        10. The profit motive can be a powerful force for the common good, driving businesses to create products that consumers rave about or motivating banks to lend to growing businesses.
        11. This paradox of progress and peril has been decades in the making.
        The idea that Trump somehow has more real-world smarts is pure self-flattery. He speaks more like "normal" people, and thus complimenting him on being more "real" is just a round about way of saying normal people know more than those fancy elitists.

But Trump is not speaking from a well-spring of common knowledge. He's never gotten his hands dirty, milked a cow, chopped firewood. He's probably never even had to clean a toilet or buy groceries. I have absolutely no idea why you would give him credit.

Comment

For the record, neither Trump nor Obama are dunces. Both are much smarter tnan their detractors give them credit. But whenever Obama had a teleprompter issue, he was relegated to bumbling idiot. Not worse thanTrump, but similar. This clip isn't rare, either, there are hundreds and hundreds of them available. Without prewritten text, Obama is very "Trumpesque."
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Can't wing it.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              To be blunt, you are just wrong. I cannot comprehend how you can say a man that graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Business School is a dunce, or how you can say Trump has more "real-world experience."

I didnt really say they are dunce's. I said on a scale from dunce to genius, i would put them both closer to dunce. You disagree, fine.

And Obama has never held a job in the private sector, ie, the real world. So, yeah, Trump has more real world experience. If you consider government and communuty organizing, the real world, thats fine. Its your opinion. I have mine. Im okay with it.

To be honest, neither of them has truly lived in the real world at all.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

This. 10,000,000x

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  The problem is you are showing examples of situations where he is flustered when things went wrong, not necessarily because he was off the cuff. A better example of comparing the way Obama speaks and handles being off the prompter to Trump is in press conferences with question and answer sections.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                    The problem is you are showing examples of situations where he is flustered when things went wrong, not necessarily because he was off the cuff. A better example of comparing the way Obama speaks and handles being off the prompter to Trump is in press conferences with question and answer sections.
                    They were both pretty similar. Obama stuttered through it. Does that make him dumb? No. But neither are,all that eloquent off script, to say otherwise is dishonest. And to reiterate, I'm not a Trump supporter.

Comment

• Open forum Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        I didnt really say they are dunce's. I said on a scale from dunce to genius, i would put them both closer to dunce. You disagree, fine.

And Obama has never held a job in the private sector, ie, the real world. So, yeah, Trump has more real world experience. If you consider government and communuty organizing, the real world, thats fine. Its your opinion. I have mine. Im okay with it.

Obama worked a "real" job as an attorney from 1992-2004 with the civil rights law firm of Miner, Barnhill and Galland in addition to his community organizing and lecturing at University of Chicago Law School. It may not have been blue-collar, but it was a private sector job.

Trump has never had an employer. How many 71 year old men do you know that have never had a boss? That have never worked for someone? That have never had someone who could fire them?

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          You're equating a stutter with language befitting a 10 year old. Not the same. Also notice how every single one of those clips cut off before he gets to his statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            Obama worked a "real" job as an attorney from 1992-2004 with the civil rights law firm of Miner, Barnhill and Galland in addition to his community organizing and lecturing at University of Chicago Law School. It may not have been blue-collar, but it was a private sector job.

Trump has never had an employer. How many 71 year old men do you know that have never had a boss? That have never worked for someone? That have never had someone who could fire them?
                            Ok. Thanks for that info. I stand corrected. Obama held a job. But just because Trump never worked for anyone doesnt sway me to the side that Barack has more real world experience.

And there are lots of 71 year old Kennedys that have never had a boss. Just guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              When off script, he stammers and has trouble.
                              Some of it makes literally no sense. Even Deplorable's can interpret it for what it is. A load of ----!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Oh, and Bernie Sanders

Comment

Working...
                                X