No announcement yet.

Georgia 6th District Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is winning and no one will, ultimately, win!

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
      This is politics. Hardline party support. No compromises, campaign by emotional terrorism with outright lies and over-exaggeration, media taking sides and dictating what we see and hear.....when does it stop?

When does common sense and civility kick back in?
      Probably when there isnt 5 trillion dollars of other peoples money to dole out if you win?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
        When does common sense and civility kick back in?
        It doesn't. Civility isn't something you can just remake on the fly. It is a fragile thing that exists only with the grace of all parties involved. Right now, neither party wants civility. When the President's son is calling Democrats subhuman and Democrats feel Republicans are literally Russia agents there is no room for even slight civility.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
          This was a republican strong hold. The fact it was this close speaks to how people are pissed off at trump.
          You are as delusional as the folks at MSNBC. CNN said basically the same thing last night. You have got to get over yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
            It doesn't. Civility isn't something you can just remake on the fly. It is a fragile thing that exists only with the grace of all parties involved. Right now, neither party wants civility. When the President's son is calling Democrats subhuman and Democrats feel Republicans are literally Russia agents there is no room for even slight civility.
            Which should make one conclude that these clowns should all be powerless over our lives. Not given more.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Which should make one conclude that these clowns should all be powerless over our lives. Not given more.
              I agree. I'd much rather substantially scale back federal entitlements, eliminate the corporate tax, and move to a sales tax focused model to fund basic necessities (national defense, highway system) while letting states set their own income taxes and entitlements. I don't really see a federal model of government as feasible for the country given its politics and culture.

Comment

I find it odd that there were so many write in ballots, and, in a district that is heavily GOP, broke substantially for the DEM from what I heard. That seems odd to me and someone should investigate.

Nevertheless, none of us should take a bunch of stock in individual races as being totally about what the President's approval rating is.

I bet less than 5% of the citizens, including you and me, appreciates his Twitter account.

That being said, the DEMS rarely put anything into this district. This time, with the spotlight on high, and spending record amounts (almost all from outside the district) they still couldn't turn the tables. Was it closer than normal? You bet. The DEMS went from spending about $25,000 to $25,000,000. I'm not surprised they "got out the vote". But it still wasn't enough. I'm reminded by the last President, winning matters, and we won. What's good for the goose seems good for the gander, don't you think?

Now, honestly and practically, I wish we'd all get down to doing the people's business and cut out all this crap. We have real world issues to solve (and not all of them require more money....there are tough choices that need to be made) but very few GOP and even fewer DEMs will make any tough decisions that require fewer Federal funds. DC has WAY too much power.

Comment

I guess I dont understand how barely winning when rep blew demo out in november is a good thing for rep now. You are winnong by a tiny fraction if what you were. 5 months into a presidency. Sounds a bit like you can't see anything wrong with what trump is doing
                  Because it was an open seat and open seats can and do occasionally break for the minority party.

Because without an incumbant, the race would be close.

Because Trump took the district by less than 50%.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Because she lost her last Congressional bid.

Because the dems threw wheelbarrows of money at the race.

Because we were told she sould lose.

Because so many dems wanted this that they could taste it. Now they are disappointed.

Because.

Because.

Because.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

All of these open seats were historically rep. Winning by such a minor margin should be of some concern to the party.
                      And I'm not concerned about Ga. Because politics is local, and I don't vote in that race.

Comment

Good.
                        Here is my opinion, the term mandate is way overused. Had the dem won, it would have been reported as some anti-Trump mandate. It wouldn't have been. The theory that an election for Congress in Ga is a referendum on Trump is ridiculous. Locals elect locals based on many things, but never in my life have I voted for candidate "A" over candidate "B" because I wanted to send a message to President "C".

Politics is local, she might do a great job and win reelection by 20 points, all the while, Trump may win or lose that district.

Way too much is made of this. On both sides.

Comment

What you dont get is trump will NEVER focus on real issues for long. He is a narcissist. He will get side tracked on getting back at people or stroking his own ego (like the rally he is holding I think today). Dude simply does not care about America.
                          What's the big deal?
                          You may not have been able to see it but this is what's been coming out of the White House for over 8 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            You are as delusional as the folks at MSNBC. CNN said basically the same thing last night. You have got to get over yourselves.
                            And you sound like Fox News. This thread is an accurate representation of our climate. Same as usual - zero insight and a whole lot of peacocking.

Comment

Lol.

First Obama wasnt a narcissist. 2nd, Narcissist are relentless in doing them to only enrich themselves and screws other people.

Other countries respected obama. Not one country respects trump.
                              Both Trump and Obama are narcissists.

Comment

Are you a mental health professional, specifically, a psychologist? Well I am. And every single one of the psychologists I've interacted with since last summer (including conferences and republican psychologist) believe trump is a marcissit. Not one of the psychologists I know or have talked to in tje past year has thought obama was
                                So?

And you don't need to be a psycologist to look up the definition and understand. It's not a difficult concept.

Comment

Working...
                                X