Obama Syrian Red Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Syrian Red Line

Has been crossed several times. Trump ordered 50+ tomahawks on Syrian airfields used to launch chemical weapon attack on civilians.

Secretary State Tillerson has came out and said that the U.S. is organizing international coalition to remove Syrian President Basha Al-Assad.

Comment

Russian spokesman for Putin said in a interview today that Russian support for President Assad is "not unconditional".

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad faced withering international condemnation for a chemical weapons attack on civilians

Comment

Russia was not informed concurrently or in advance of the strike.

Comment

Turkey President Erdogan said earlier today

I thank Trump (for his remarks) but it should not remain unfulfilled. If an action will really be put forward, we are ready to do our part,” Erdoğan told in an interview with private broadcaster Kanal 7.
          President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on April 6 said he welcomed remarks by U.S. President Donald Trump considering military action in Syria, as he voiced the country's readiness to support if required

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Russia was not informed concurrently or in advance of the strike.
            But I thought there was a vast conspiracy of treasonous collusion with them by Trump and his administration?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Gonna be interesting to see if this is a one-off gesture or a legitimate regime change operation is about to get underway.

The former probably draws a groan from Russia and Iran but nothing more. The latter will be a rock fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                But I thought there was a vast conspiracy of treasonous collusion with them by Trump and his administration?
                Well it looks like Fox and CNN have changed their mind and now say Russia was warned in advance, so all tin foil theories remain in tact.

Comment

Did I hear correctly that Trump publicly told Assad that he more or less needed to get his crap together or "we're America and we'll take you out"?

Not a huge Trump fan, but that's sorta bad ass.

Comment

I hope President Trump takes Rand Paul's advice.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      I hope President Trump takes Rand Paul's advice.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=54172246106
                      I was just about ask if I missed him getting Congressional approval for military action against a country who hasn't attacked us, nor, as far as I know, threatened to attack us.

I guess it's just that old, archaic document that isn't relevant anymore.

Comment

Tillerson with pointed words for Russia, saying they are complicit in the chemical weapons strikes or incompetent in following through on their pledge to remove chemical weapons from Syria. Yowza.

The bromance with Putin appears to have lapsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Well it looks like Fox and CNN have changed their mind and now say Russia was warned in advance, so all tin foil theories remain in tact.
                          Okay, my sources tell me that Trump accidentally had the Syrians gassed with sarin. Basically he thought his generals were asking him to join him in watching "Serendipity" and were advising him that it would be a "gas". So he said, "hell yes, let's go!" Or something like that.

Anyway, he then asked Putin for permission to blow up the airstrip where the evidence was, and also asked Putin to "keep it down low" so that it looks like we aren't as buddy-buddy as the FAKE NEWScasters keep telling everybody. Oh and he also expressed his personal thanks for the tip about the potential information about Hillary on Huma's laptop -- "great job on gathering that intel for me and handing it over to the FBI guys", he said.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I watched the video of the victims; it literally made me sick to my stomach to see men, women and children suffering like that. This might sound insensitive, but I'd seriously consider blowing them completely off the map.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I was just about ask if I missed him getting Congressional approval for military action against a country who hasn't attacked us, nor, as far as I know, threatened to attack us.

I guess it's just that old, archaic document that isn't relevant anymore.
                              That's my thought on it as well. One of my hopes with Trump was that we'd stop injecting our country in foreign affairs to the extent that we do. I think there's a possibility Assad is not the one who used the chemical weapons. He'd have nothing to gain from it, and would have the international community against him. Strategically it doesn't make any sense.

Jihadist (or "Syrian Rebels as we hilariously call them) wouldn't have any reservations using chemical weapons on civilians. I imagine we'll keep these strikes going without congressional approval, Assad will be taken out and the vacuum will be filled with something real civilized I imagine like it always does.

Comment

Working...
                              X