WNBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNBA

Candice Wiggins celebrates a win in 2011. The WNBA has historically been the most forward-thinking sports league in America when it comes to gay rights. The league has actively courted LGBTQ fans for several years (, if anything), has had several star players come out of the closet with little controversy, and generally been ahead of the NBA, its relatively socially progressive parent league, on every related issue.

98% of any group being anything is unlikely. No doubt that gay WNBA players are overrepresented relative to the population. That Wiggins was bullied for being straight seems unlikely. That she was bullied for being a ***** seems more likely, with the straight angle being laid on top.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I agree on the 98%, seems like more of a figure of speech. I see no reason to doubt her on the bullying, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        98% of any group being anything is unlikely. No doubt that gay WNBA players are overrepresented relative to the population. That Wiggins was bullied for being straight seems unlikely. That she was bullied for being a ***** seems more likely, with the straight angle being laid on top.
        Why is it unlikely?

Do you take the stance then too that it's unlikely that a gay person in the same circumstance is also lying about being bullied? Just curious. Perhaps only straight males are capable of bullying. Sorry, straight, white males.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Why is it unlikely?

Do you take the stance then too that it's unlikely that a gay person in the same circumstance is also lying about being bullied? Just curious. Perhaps only straight males are capable of bullying. Sorry, straight, white males.
          I think she added hyperbole to the percentage. This begs the question of any other hyperbole in her statement.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I think she added hyperbole to the percentage. This begs the question of any other hyperbole in her statement.
            Why, of course. She probably doesn't even play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Why, of course. She probably doesn't even play basketball.
              Exactly!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
              X