The transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The transition

I was listening to Mark Levin last night. He got word from a reliable source (his words), that Chris Christie, who is leading Trump's transition team, is filling that team with former Bush and Romney staffers. If true, Trump is already going back on a campaign promise to "flush the swamp".

Trump's team is leaking a lot of the targets for cabinet positions.

Donald Jr., Rudy, Sarah Palin, Michael Flynn and others are among the headliners.

Comment

Nearly every cabinet position Trump fills will either be:

A) A long time establishment figure from the Bush era, causing me to lol at the Trumpkins who wanted new blood so badly they were willing to support Trump to get it.
      B) An utter fool like Palin, Sheriff Clarke, etc., causing me to wince in preparation for the utter incompetence, and likely dangerous, leadership they will exhibit.

Comment

Please no Palin.

Please appoint smart, honest people. Appoint a honest and trustworthy attorney general - the justice department needs to get back where people can trust it.

Comment

Sarah Palin's introductory speech to America at the convention in 2008 was great. Prior to that I knew nothing about her, and initially I was excited. Boy was that short lived. What at utter fool she has shown herself to be.

Comment

Kris Kobach is on Trump's transition team.
            Last edited by Aargh; November 10, 2016, 10:51 AM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

When I saw the guy that's pegged as Treasury secretary is just another Goldman crony it became clear there's already a fly in the ointment for the platform DT ran on.

And while Palin and Sheriff Clarke are fun to listen to and entertaining, in no way are they qualified for a presidential cabinet position. Good grief.

Comment

Some people I know couldn't understand why I didn't believe a single thing that came out of Trump's mouth.

I've also heard (from a pundit, not Trump's camp) Brownback's name mentioned as Ag Secretary. If he's going to dip into Kansas for that, at least go with Huelskamp, who has been a farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Some people I know couldn't understand why I didn't believe a single thing that came out of Trump's mouth.

I've also heard (from a pundit, not Trump's camp) Brownback's name mentioned as Ag Secretary. If he's going to dip into Kansas for that, at least go with Huelskamp, who has been a farmer.
                  That would probably be the best possible thing for both Brownback and Kansas IMO. A graceful exit and a champion for directing the pork back home.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Yeah, he is on the list I saw. They will never nominate Heulskamp because he was driven out of the house by the Republican establishment as they continue their effort to rid the party of Tea Party conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Please no Palin.

Please appoint smart, honest people. Appoint a honest and trustworthy attorney general - the justice department needs to get back where people can trust it.
                      Rudy seems to be gaining more steam today as the leading candidate for AG.

Ever so slightly different approach to jurisprudence than Trey Gowdy. Law & Ordah it is.

Comment

Saturday Night Live is going to have a field day.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Saturday Night Live is going to have a field day.
                          And by doing so they are going to continue feeding the public sentiment that elected Trump in the first place.

At a foundational level, liberals should thank themselves for helping substantially in the underwriting of the Trump movement.

Comment

I am no Trump guy. I did not vote for him. I think he is a slimy piece of ****. BUT he is now driving thee bus, and I am on said bus so I do hope he succeeds. I am skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              And by doing so they are going to continue feeding the public sentiment that elected Trump in the first place.

At a foundational level, liberals should thank themselves for helping substantially in the underwriting of the Trump movement.

I think I shared a thoughtful and substantive post some time earlier this week about how groups of people having provocative mindsets would possibly end up being a contributing factor for Trump's success. They were so smug, and provoking, and condescending, you'd think they had powers of telepathy or something...

Comment

Working...
                              X