This Was The Repubs Best Possible Result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Was The Repubs Best Possible Result

Based on Trump's past performance in the business world, he's certain to something illegal or incredibly unethical in the first few months he's in office. Then, with Republicans controlling both the House and the Senate, he can easily be impeached and replaced.

It seems most Republicans in positions of power wanted some way of removing him as a candidate. This seems like a fairly simple route to accomplish the same thing.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Based on Trump's past performance in the business world, he's certain to something illegal or incredibly unethical in the first few months he's in office. Then, with Republicans controlling both the House and the Senate, he can easily be impeached and replaced.

It seems most Republicans in positions of power wanted some way of removing him as a candidate. This seems like a fairly simple route to accomplish the same thing.
    I don't know that Trump has had much legal trouble. I'm not a Trump supporter (though I did take joy in his win), but US regulations have created an environment where successful businesses use them to their advantage. My take, and perhaps it's naive, is that in order to be successful, one must do what the regs say to their ultimate benefit.

Just as an example, my father-in-law runs a not terribly successful farm/ranch. He refuses to take supplements from the gov on principal. Other locals he competes with take advantage and build their business. I don't expect successful businessmen to act as my father-in-law does.
    Livin the dream

Comment

interesting read

Comment

I would put the chances of a Republican Congress impeaching a "Republican" Trump at about 0.001%. This is one of my biggest fears about Trump. The R next to his name totally changes how the Congressional Republicans will treat him. Parties don't like to sabotage themselves. Republicans would have fought like hell against Hillary. I pray that Trump surprises me with his new found conservatism, because Republicans will be much more passive fighting him if needed.

Comment

Infrastructure Megabill #1 will be the first test. Republicans will abandon conservative principles at light speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            I would put the chances of a Republican Congress impeaching a "Republican" Trump at about 0.001%. This is one of my biggest fears about Trump. The R next to his name totally changes how the Congressional Republicans will treat him. Parties don't like to sabotage themselves. Republicans would have fought like hell against Hillary. I pray that Trump surprises me with his new found conservatism, because Republicans will be much more passive fighting him if needed.
            That will to fight him sure didn't show in the campaign, even up to the week before the election.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Infrastructure Megabill #1 will be the first test. Republicans will abandon conservative principles at light speed.
              Are you referring to the wall?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Are you referring to the wall?
                That could be included in it (probably separate?), but really I am referring to what he referenced in his victory speech and emphasized in debate #1. His 100 day plan claims it will be partially subsidized by canceling future payments to UN sponsored climate change programs but an analyst from Macquarie said earlier today on CNBC that would likely account for less than 10% of the project budget, which many are projecting will be ~$1 trillion.

It will be implemented through a mix of direct spending, public-private partnerships and tax credits/breaks (sort of similar to Obama's stimulus) from what has been leaked so far, and it would be one of (the very?) biggest Keynesian projects of all time if he can ram it past Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Should be an interesting discussion.

Comment

Working...
                X