Trump's First Action As Prez Will Be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's First Action As Prez Will Be

Trump has several courses of action available. He's most likely to...
    Build the wall
    0.00%
    Repeal Obamacare
    72.22%
    Bomb Syria
    5.56%
    Make sure he and his kids never needs to pay taxes again
    16.67%
    Hire a new trophy wife
    5.56%
    Last edited by Aargh; November 9, 2016, 06:55 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Pull back all of Obama's "executive actions."

Comment

Hiring Monica Lewinsky to come in and give him a full re-enactment of her oval office performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Hiring Monica Lewinsky to come in and give him a full re-enactment of her oval office performance.
        Ohhhhh! That's good. really, really good!

Comment

Harvest Michelle's wonderful garden.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Harvest Michelle's wonderful garden.
            Well done

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
              Well done
              Bring back fries

Comment

Grab a pu$#Y ( the Trump Handshake)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  Grab a pu$#Y ( the Trump Handshake)
                  Actually, Trump can't claim that. I think Mick Dundee was the first to employ that manuever.

I wonder if that has ever happened to Trump?
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters Wednesday that repealing ObamaCare will be one of the top priorities of the new Congress.
                    Trump has proposed replacing ObamaCare with health savings accounts and allowing people to purchase insurance across state lines in all 50 states.
                    One major issue looming is the vacancy on the Supreme Court created in February when conservative Justice Antonin Scalia died.
                    On deck is an overhaul of the nation's tax code that would close loopholes and cut rates, a major deregulatory push and tighter security along the U.S.-Mexico border.
                    Trump has proposed condensing the current seven tax brackets into three and lowering the rate for the nation's highest income earners to 33 percent.
                    The other top Trump priority is building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, which drew plenty of criticism on the campaign trail.
                    On the foreign policy front, GOP lawmakers are looking toward a tougher approach against radical Islamic terrorism and re-implementing sanctions against Iran.
                    GOP priorities that had seemed dead now have new life, such as construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, which Obama shelved.

Comment

From multiple sources I've seen today, Trump's first action was to stop a provision to lower mortgage insurance rates on FHA-financed home purchases. The lower insurance rates would have saved home buyers $500 - $900 a year on their mortgage payments. Various sources report various numbers.

Obama's HUD Secretary had reported 4 years of sustained growth in housing and sufficient reserves to cover future costs, which resulted in the lowered premiums. The lower premiums would have taken effect January 29.

This stops a provision that would have reduced the cost pf buying a home. Lowered costs for major purchases generally contribute to the creation of jobs. I'm a little surprised by this move. It seems to go against what Trump told the voters he was going to do.

Comment

So if this reduction was a fiscally responsible move - why did they Obama administration wait till they were leaving to make this move. They had only had 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          So if this reduction was a fiscally responsible move - why did they Obama administration wait till they were leaving to make this move. They had only had 8 years.
                          I think I might be misunderstanding either your post or what actually happened. Everything I've read said it was one of the very first things Trump did, not a move by the Obama administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            From multiple sources I've seen today, Trump's first action was to stop a provision to lower mortgage insurance rates on FHA-financed home purchases. The lower insurance rates would have saved home buyers $500 - $900 a year on their mortgage payments. Various sources report various numbers.

Obama's HUD Secretary had reported 4 years of sustained growth in housing and sufficient reserves to cover future costs, which resulted in the lowered premiums. The lower premiums would have taken effect January 29.

This stops a provision that would have reduced the cost pf buying a home. Lowered costs for major purchases generally contribute to the creation of jobs. I'm a little surprised by this move. It seems to go against what Trump told the voters he was going to do.
                            Per one link, "Ben Carson, the housing secretary nominee, had hinted at this move last week, during his confirmation hearing. He said that the Obama administration's announcement of the premium cut had been "done on the way out the door" and that the cut would cost $5 billion next fiscal year. "That's not chump change," he said, "so certainly, if confirmed I'm going to work with the FHA administrator and other financial experts to really examine that policy."

The FHA loan is designed to give more people access to loans. This is a disagreement between the outgoing admin and the incoming admin as to the amount of dollare the taxpayers need to supply. BTW, the $900.00 annual savings would have been on FHA premiums on houses where over $625000. was borrowed. Everyone else was $500. annually.
                            Last edited by wufan; January 21, 2017, 08:12 AM.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              I think I might be misunderstanding either your post or what actually happened. Everything I've read said it was one of the very first things Trump did, not a move by the Obama administration.
                              This was the last act of the Obama admin before they left. Trump suspended it.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X