Democracy Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy Spring

400 arrested on the Nation's Capitol steps yesterday but less than 30 seconds total air time on mainstream TV. That isn't surprising since the networks want big money in politics. Today mostly elderly are going to jail.

Hundreds of Americans, many of whom are elderly, marched in support of political reform in Washington, DC, taking part in a sit-in and risking arrest as they pushed for fairer elections. RT's 'Redacted Tonight' host Lee Camp was one of those detained.
    In the fast lane

So I went to their website to see what they were about and found this statement

We have chosen 4 bills as priority steps that Congress can take now to meet this demand.
    But I could not find the bills they want Congress to pass immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      So I went to their website to see what they were about and found this statement

But I could not find the bills they want Congress to pass immediately.
      1. An amendment to overturn Citizens United
      2 Public finance of elections.
      3. The Voting Rights Advancement Act
      4. The Voter Empowerment Act.
      In the fast lane

Comment

I'm all about campaigns being publicly funded. Im all about limiting voter rights. In fact, I'd say that the President should be elected by congress rather than the populous.
        Livin the dream

Comment

There is nothing that prohibits a person with a right to vote from voting except their own apathy and stupidity. EVERY law that in some way seeks to "empower" people to vote is unconstitutional.

Collective bargaining for government employees is an even more idiotic idea.

The stupidity in this country has teetered over the edge. There is NO hope left.

Comment

Alrighty...

These are basically the parents and grandparents of last years infamous Occupiers... charming.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              There is nothing that prohibits a person with a right to vote from voting except their own apathy and stupidity ...
              and a bunch of dudes controlling the GOP [see Colorado]. :)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
              X