State Dept. - Year in Review - Foriegn Policy Triumphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Dept. - Year in Review - Foriegn Policy Triumphs

1. Reestablished diplomatic relations with Cuba.

2. Won the fight against VIOLENT EXTREMISM by completing a monumental White House summit.

3. U.S. Chaired the Arctic Council. Key impacts - promoted arctic safety, awareness of climate change and improved the living conditions in the arctic.

4. Signed the Iran Nuclear agreement to ensure Iran develops nuclear bombs with peaceful intentions.

5. Defeated Ebola.

6. Committed to ambitious development goals as a U.N. member.

7. Health care for our Oceans.

8. Negotiated with our global partners to end climate change. The goal is to have an eternal spring.

9. Brought peace to Syria by getting a road map passed in the U.N.

Wow, that's one sad list. I wonder how many American citizen's lives were positively - in an objective way - affected by all those "accomplishments" combined? I would guess less than .5%. A few Ebola survivors and whoever is going to profit from the Iran deal and future trade with Cuba. The rest has no objective, memorable impact.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Wow, that's one sad list. I wonder how many American citizen's lives were positively - in an objective way - affected by all those "accomplishments" combined? I would guess less than .5%. A few Ebola survivors and whoever is going to profit from the Iran deal and future trade with Cuba. The rest has no objective, memorable impact.
      And all that at the low low price of trillions in additional debt.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Damn that pisses me off
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I actually read the reports because i thought that the summaries posted here were snarky, but they were surprisingly accurate. Excuse me while i puke.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I CANNOT get over that this is real.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I CANNOT get over that this is real.
              You keep expecting someone to say "gotcha!" and drop a link to The Onion where it was originally posted.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What do you guys want the state department to do? What's an effective state department look like in your eyes? I certainly don't know because neither the Bush state department or the Obama state department seem to be particularly effective at anything. So I don't know what en effective one is supposed to accomplish.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  What do you guys want the state department to do? What's an effective state department look like in your eyes? I certainly don't know because neither the Bush state department or the Obama state department seem to be particularly effective at anything. So I don't know what en effective one is supposed to accomplish.
                  It's an excellent question, really. They could start by telling the truth when we are attacked by terrorists, and rebuilding the relationship with Israel that has been completely decimated by Obama. Next, they could advise the President that the American people don't want Syrian refugees and that he should focus elsewhere around the globe to support the downtrodden. That'd be a start.

Comment

I would be cool with one that used common sense and told the truth.

Comment

Paul Janssen :(
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        Paul Janssen :(
                        You know I hadn't considered that, but yes a federal investigation into Paul Janssen's ability to referee would be another example of more effective leadership out of the State Department.

Comment

If we don't know what an effective department of state looks like, the solution is most likely to spend trillions more in an effort to find out. So in that regard, it seems they are on the correct track, even if not yet there.

At least, that is what I have so far observed.

Comment

Since they are the "State" department, they should require that all "state" universities in every "state", play each other every year in basketball. That may be a problem for California, Texas, Illinois and Florida schools, but I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                            X