Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I think I've made it pretty clear I am not a supporter of any of the current candidates. As far as acting like ass holes, I actually saw a video the other day that surprised me. There was a guy that had a Vote Trump sign and a Vote Bernie sign. Unfortunately, he didn't have a Vote Hillary sign to get a third comparison. Anyway, when he held up the Vote Bernie sign and yelled, "Vote Bernie," people drove or walked by and either cheered or gave him dirty looks, shook their heads, and walked on by. When he held up the Vote Trump sign and yelled, "Vote Trump," people either walked or drove by cheering, or stopped and confronted him, a couple threatening violence, one taking and tearing up his sign, and a couple of others throwing their drinks at him as they drove by. So, tell me again, who are the assholes?
    Seems like both sides have plenty of anecdotes regarding the characteristics of the other. America has legions of morons and, if this election cycle has proven anything, it is that neither party has a monopoly on assholes.

There are plenty for all to share.*

*Don't take the bait, GIF aficionados.

Comment

I think I've made it pretty clear I am not a supporter of any of the current candidates. As far as acting like ass holes, I actually saw a video the other day that surprised me. There was a guy that had a Vote Trump sign and a Vote Bernie sign. Unfortunately, he didn't have a Vote Hillary sign to get a third comparison. Anyway, when he held up the Vote Bernie sign and yelled, "Vote Bernie," people drove or walked by and either cheered or gave him dirty looks, shook their heads, and walked on by. When he held up the Vote Trump sign and yelled, "Vote Trump," people either walked or drove by cheering, or stopped and confronted him, a couple threatening violence, one taking and tearing up his sign, and a couple of others throwing their drinks at him as they drove by. So, tell me again, who are the assholes?
      There's not enough there to make a judgement. Were they #NeverTrump Repubs, Hillary supporters or none of the above? The general populace doesn't think Bernie can beat Hillary so they aren't going to care enough to get emotional at a "Vote Bernie" sign.

If I thought this election would be entertaining, I'd have my popcorn ready. Instead, I'm just scared for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        I agree Hillary is a horrible person. Her supporters aren't all angels by any means, but in my experience, her supporters do not have a median level of hateful, dishonest, degrading, and scummy behavior quite up to the level I see in the median Trump supporter. Her supporters might be bad, just not as bad as Trump's.

I mean seriously. Trump has the support of the Nazis, skinheads, open racists, white supremacist, etc. His supporters are setting new lows in human decency in politics.

I strongly feel that we are better off with a motivated Republican congress fighting Hillary tooth and nail than a Trump presidency where resistance will be much harder. Also, as much as I despise Hillary, I find Trump even more despicable as a human being. I could never vote for the man.

All of that said, I'm sympathetic to those who decide to vote Trump over Hillary while holding their nose. It is the people who dared to root for Trump over any of the alternatives in the primary that disgust me.
        I can sum up this post on one word: bullshit!

Exclamanation Mark to emphasize my point.

Comment

I'm not a Trump supporter, but change the "He" to a "She" and I'd assume you were talking about Hillary.
          Except Hillary is not a gifted entertainer or a clever orator. So with her you get all the bad but aren't entertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Except Hillary is not a gifted entertainer or a clever orator. So with her you get all the bad but aren't entertained.
            I think HRH can be very entertaining when she has Bill by her side. He's the exact same thing she's portraying Trump to be except friendlier and sleazier.

Sort of like a modern day 'I Love Lucy' with Hillary in Lucile Ball's role.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              I think HRH can be very entertaining when she has Bill by her side. He's the exact same thing she's portraying Trump to be except friendlier and sleazier.

Sort of like a modern day 'I Love Lucy' with Hillary in Lucile Ball's rile.
              Problem is that Bill tries to avoid being by her side as much as possible.

Comment

• Yes, too busy chasing tail.....and putting his foot in his mouth . He has made a number of extremely inappropriate comments to your reliably democrat constituencies (African-Americans and unions are two that readily come to mind).

Comment

I agree Hillary is a horrible person. Her supporters aren't all angels by any means, but in my experience, her supporters do not have a median level of hateful, dishonest, degrading, and scummy behavior quite up to the level I see in the median Trump supporter. Her supporters might be bad, just not as bad as Trump's.
                  Hillary supporters have killed more people than Trump supporters - to the tune of 50 million

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Problem is that Bill tries to avoid being by her side as much as possible.
                    As well as avoiding other of her parts.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      I can sum up this post on one word: bullshit!

Exclamanation Mark to emphasize my point.
                      I'm genuinely interested for you to explain. Not following.

Comment

I strongly feel that we are better off with a motivated Republican congress fighting Hillary tooth and nail than a Trump presidency where resistance will be much harder.
                        At work we have discussed what are the down ballot effects if Trump is really bringing in more people to vote? Does that mean the Republican lose the senate? At risk in the house? Nobody really has an answer.

Comment

• The only thing I think is assured is that the 2016 election cycle will be studied for decades to come.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            At work we have discussed what are the down ballot effects if Trump is really bringing in more people to vote? Does that mean the Republican lose the senate? At risk in the house? Nobody really has an answer.
                            For every new voter Trump brings out, I bet there are 2-3 normal voters thinking of sitting out this year. My worry is that conservatives stay home. Staying home in 2012 due to Romney and Mormonism was a big myth and didn't actually happen. In 2016 with Trump, I think it might, and it would surely give the Dems a big boost in down ballot races.

My hope is that a 3rd party libertarian actually gains notoriety, enough so that frustrated conservatives feel it is worth their time to still go vote without having to choose Trump or Clinton. Personally, I'll write in Rubio before I stay home, but I know that isn't the case for many others. Conservatives need to have someone to rally around, not necessarily to win the White House in 2016, but to simply get out the vote for all the other races that can be won. It is frustrating that so many people show up only thinking about the presidency, and then quickly make selections on other races once they are in the booth, but it is a reality that must be dealt with.

In 2025 when it comes out that Bill Clinton worked out a shady backroom deal to convince Trump to launch his 2016 campaign, he will probably look like a genius. A dishonest, immoral, manipulative genius, but a genius none-the-less. I'm really concerned that this election won't just be the loss of the presidency for 4-8 more years of a Clinton, but a significant liberal swing in federal and state positions that loses much of the significant gains that have been made in recent years.

Comment

I said fewer REPUBLICAN votes than Romney.
                              Ah, that makes more sense.

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Trump won't receive 38 million votes from R's this November.
                              I think he'll surprise. He'll get more Dems than Romney did, because 60% of the country has been hurting or stagnated economically for far too long and they want immediate relief. He'll win over the same number of Independents I believe as Romney.

Trump won't receive 93% of the total R vote this November.
                              This is irrelevant to me, but McCain only got 90% of R's and 78% of conservatives. If Trump gets 90% of R's, I think he beats Hillary.

Go ahead and save this post and we can revisit November 9th.
                              Okay.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The next time the Shox are up by 30, and someone posts, "Dang, up by 30! This is a blowout" I'm gonna wait until the end when the final margin is only 26 and jump their case over and over for claiming the Shox won by 30. I'll ignore their point about it being a blowout (which it still was) and that the margin actually was 30 at the time of their post. Reporting and commenting on the score of an in progress game is a heinous crime, and it must be punished!

I'll call it giving them the "@Kung Wu: treatment".
                                I'm going to make sure to point out how all the bracketologists from the prior year are kicking your ass with a table that shows how many picks they got right the previous year vs how many you got right 80% of the way through Selection Sunday -- you know, since that's all the data I'll have at that time.

(and I'll conveniently forget to mention that the comparison is misleading)

I'll call it giving you the "@Jamar Howard 4 President: treatment".
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X