Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    I don't get how you can end up on the other side of this. Jr saw a chance to help out his campaign (which, by the way, is all he's ever claimed. He has not claimed that he did it to protect America) and took it, with no fear of the possible repercussions.
    I'm not going to talk about the latest story, but I will take the time to remind everyone that Donald Trump Jr. is supposed to be entirely out of politics. He is supposed to be the neutral caretaker of our President's trust, ensuring that he makes Presidential decisions without conflicts of interest between his business and his duties. This "neutral" caretaker has:
    • Called Democrats "not even people" on Sean Hannity's talkshow
    • Committed the acts we are presently discussing
    • Made political responses to the London terror attack
    • Talked about the Comey firing
    • Etc
    The "blind" trust was never real, but its fictitious nature is all the more apparent now. This political meddling shows that there is no separation between the caretaker of Trump's trust and politics. And if it flows one way, it almost certainly flows the other. If Trump Jr. can't stop himself from talking about politics, there is zero chance he is keeping his mouth shut on Trump's businesses.
    Last edited by CBB_Fan; July 14, 2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      It's business as usual in Washington. Repeatedly claim there is no relevant information and that any claims to the contrary are outlandish, then, and only when faced with imminent release of contradictory information, try to get out ahead of it by releasing (part of) it yourself and maintaining the same original narrative. Rinse and repeat. The opposition will jump to conclusions, assume you are lying, and claim this is conclusive evidence of a crime (DJT; Lynch/Clinton tarmac; etc.). Allies will eat up whatever load of **** you feed them because they want to believe you did nothing wrong. This situation is a little more interesting because, unlike Flynn, DJT's image and career cannot be allowed by higher-ups to be set on fire like a sack of poop on a porch.

Political parties have become the new identity markers in America, sadly (replacing religious denomination, ethnicity, race, tribes, etc.). The loyalty on both sides is unflinching and it is an unending battle of us vs. them.
      Yup, kinda' makes you wonder about the whole 'let's drain the swamp' mantra.

I guess he just wanted to build a newer, bigger swamp.

Yet another lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
        Indeed. It's astounding how team like it's become. I just don't understand it. I don't get the attachment to an elected official because I voted for him or he's in my party. Are people aware you personally don't gain anything for your vote being right if they are good? Or lose anything if they are bad?
        So this is totally UNASTOUNDING, and predictable. It's the freaking left agenda!!!! Identity politics. You are in group A or group B based on a single qualifier. Start with the premise that institutions are inherently bad. They are run by a patriarchy and you are either the original sinner (part of the institution) or you are oppressed victim perpetually fighting for an ever shifting definition of equal.

If you rid the world from universalism and say everything is equally justified via intersectionallity, then you can't have an institution that is worth compromising. You have to separate it into groups and destroy it such that the power shifts from group A to group B. If there was any damn place for group A to go (away from Trump) without aligning myself with group B (I'm oppressed!), I'd freaking be there. Instead I'm stuck justifying why it's still better to be a part of group A.

If we want to get people off of teams, then we need to stop the identity politics, recognize that we are all individuals with varying levels of oppression and compromise to fix THIS institution that is the United States. I WILL NOT get on board with tearing it down to build up some utopia with group B.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          CNN and MSNBC will spend 90% of tonight's coverage on this breaking news. ABC, NBC, and CBS will only spend 80% of their news coverage on this story.
          Funny you always mention how untruthful those sources are (and I agree they are stretching the truth) without mentioning how Fox contorts themselves into pretzels trying to pat Trump on the back.

I watch Fox for laughs sometimes. They are as bad as CNN is.

Anyone with an ounce of objectivity should be able to see that very clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            So this is totally UNASTOUNDING, and predictable. It's the freaking left agenda!!!! Identity politics. You are in group A or group B based on a single qualifier. Start with the premise that institutions are inherently bad. They are run by a patriarchy and you are either the original sinner (part of the institution) or you are oppressed victim perpetually fighting for an ever shifting definition of equal.

If you rid the world from universalism and say everything is equally justified via intersectionallity, then you can't have an institution that is worth compromising. You have to separate it into groups and destroy it such that the power shifts from group A to group B. If there was any damn place for group A to go (away from Trump) without aligning myself with group B (I'm oppressed!), I'd freaking be there. Instead I'm stuck justifying why it's still better to be a part of group A.

If we want to get people off of teams, then we need to stop the identity politics, recognize that we are all individuals with varying levels of oppression and compromise to fix THIS institution that is the United States. I WILL NOT get on board with tearing it down to build up some utopia with group B.
            Hold on there, this is not something the left just made up and created. Let's not ignore how Republicans pander to religions and legitimately demonize those on the other side as heathens etc. Republican's benefit just as much from identity politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If you voted for Trump and you buy into his bullshit train, you are practicing identity politics. It's not just the left.

When democrats are in charge, republicans appear to be moral and upright. When their guy gets in charge, they become a bunch of hypocrites.

Identity politics of the 'oppressed white male' (and I am a white male, I just think it needs to be called out).

Otherwise, I think your post is spot on.

My prediction: Republicans will continue to try to do everything in their power to protect Trump and they will pay a heavy price in the swing states in the 2018 elections (I don't think anything will change in Kansas). This will validate Lincoln's quote to the effect 'you can't fool all the people all the time'.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                I'm not going to talk about the latest story, but I will take the time to remind everyone that Donald Trump Jr. is supposed to be entirely out of politics. He is supposed to be the neutral caretaker of our President's trust, ensuring that he makes Presidential decisions without conflicts of interest between his business and his duties. This "neutral" caretaker has:
                • Called Democrats "not even people" on Sean Hannity's talkshow
                • Committed the acts we are presently discussing
                • Made political responses to the London terror attack
                • Talked about the Comey firing
                • Etc
                The "blind" trust was never real, but its fictitious nature is all the more apparent now. This political meddling shows that there is no separation between the caretaker of Trump's trust and politics. And if it flows one way, it almost certainly flows the other. If Trump Jr. can't stop himself from talking about politics, there is zero chance he is keeping his mouth shut on Trump's businesses.
                Remember, the current issue happened in June of 2016 long before the "blind" trust was ever mentioned. The other things you mention are the right of every citizen to have an opinion and comment on.

Now with respect to the "blind" trust. I concur with everything you said. There is no separation between Trump and his business and there hardly ever is. I have said for years that we need a committee to research candidates once they declare they are running for office. The committee should determine if the candidates are eligible, and what steps they will need to take if they become President. The candidates can then determine whether they accept these conditions or want to withdraw from the race. Why do we wait until someone has been elected before looking into this? It is not even reasonable to expect someone like Trump to dissolve his business holdings upon becoming President. Maybe he shouldn't have even been eligible to run because of that?
                Last edited by shockfan89_; July 14, 2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

If the emails were credible enough to warrant an altruistic, vigilante investigation by the Trump family--as you're apparently claiming happened--then they would have warranted an investigation by the CIA.
                  Oh stop it. No altruism needed. If you are a campaign manager and a friend tells you that their friend has information about illegal activity that your opponent has committed with a foreign agency, you simply attend the meeting and find out if it's credible. If not ... just a waste of time. If so, you give it to the FBI AND SPLASH IT ALL OVER THE NEWS to squash your opponent right into the dirt. :) Pretty simple.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    Personally, I disagree with President Trump on this one. I looked at some photos, and I think she looks closer to anorexic than "great shape." I would say she looks nice, but may need to see a doctor. Not that it's any of my business. Just saying...

I do not support President Trump on this important issue regarding the shape of the French First Lady.
                    It's going to look VERY bad on Trump if they find out the French First Lady has a Russian fitness trainer. VERY bad indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                      Let's not ignore how Republicans pander to religions and legitimately demonize those on the other side as heathens etc.
                      huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        huh?
                        Just go read some of articles from the awful sources like Breitbart or The Blaze, won't take long until you find one referring to those on the left as godless. Or how about Ann Coulter famous right wing propagandist... Her book title: "Godless: The Church of Liberalism". Just as much identity politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Oh stop it. No altruism needed. If you are a campaign manager and a friend tells you that their friend has information about illegal activity that your opponent has committed with a foreign agency, you simply attend the meeting and find out if it's credible. If not ... just a waste of time. If so, you give it to the FBI AND SPLASH IT ALL OVER THE NEWS to squash your opponent right into the dirt. :) Pretty simple.
                          I've said it several times, but I'll say it again: if you can square away Jr's behavior with your own ethics, that's totally fine at this point in time. But I think people should be honest about what it was.

It sounds like you can justify his decision. I can't.

Comment

I've said it several times, but I'll say it again: if you can square away Jr's behavior with your own ethics, that's totally fine at this point in time. But I think people should be honest about what it was.

It sounds like you can justify his decision. I can't.
                            jdshock - Just curious, but do you see the DNC and Clinton campaign solicitation of dirt on Trump from the Ukraine government the same or is that different?

Comment

• That is hilarious. I did not know about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X