Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Or even "fewer laws", as in, just removing ObamaCare from the books. The R's can't even "get stuf done" by repealing stuff. Total embarrassment, and largely due to a complete lack of White House leadership. A President with his head on straight would be leveraging this position of strength (R's rarely have this much power in Washington) and would rallying R's to push his agenda. Trump spends his time attacking R's, distracting from policies, and leaving congressional republicans without a leader, thus the factions and in fighting, and nothing ultimately gets agreed upon and passed.
    But see to remove laws it still takes a law passing congress. Undoing Obamacare involves creating a law to do so. This is a count of laws passed, doesn't matter that they undo previously established laws.

Comment

• Several things I count as wins under Trump.

1. Two regulations must be removed for every one passed EO
      2. Killed the TPP
      3. Withdrew from Paris Climate fiasco
      4. Border security
      5. Review of all government agencies to eliminate duplication and improve efficiency
      6. DAP and Keystone pipeline approvals
      7. Enacted more laws the first 100 days than any President since Truman
      8. Supreme court nominee
      9. Supreme court ruling on travel ban (ok unanimous injunction, but it will be a ruling)
      10. Started firing people in the VA which will hopefully equate to accountability
      11. Renegotiate NAFTA
      12. Increased military spending and new rules of engagement for our armed services
      13. EVALUATING EVERYTHING BASED ON THE BENEFIT TO THE UNITED STATES, NOT OTHER COUNTRIES. The past 8 years (and probably the 20 before that) U.S. interests have been secondary, if even considered at all.
      Last edited by shockfan89_; July 12, 2017, 12:01 PM. Reason: Correct typos

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
        Several things I count as wins under Trump.

1. Two regulations must be removed for ever one passed EO
        2. Killed the TPP
        3. Withdrew from Paris Climate fiasco
        4. Border security
        5. Review of all government agencies to eliminate duplication and improve efficiency
        6. DAP and Keystone pipeline approvals
        7. Enacted more laws the first 100 days than any President since Truman.
        8. Supreme court nominee
        9. Supreme court ruling on travel ban (okay unanimous injunction, but it will be a ruling)
        10. Started firing people in the VA which will hopefully equate to accountability
        11. Renegotiate NAFTA
        12. Increased military spending and new rules of engagement for our armed services.
        13. EVALUATING EVERYTHING BASED ON THE BENEFIT TO THE UNITED STATES, NOT OTHER COUNTRIES. The past 8 years (and probably the 20 before that) U.S. interests have been secondary, if even considered at all.
        1. Sure we have this, EO we have seen no actual application.
        2. TPP was dead either way.
        3. Sure he did do this, tell me what actual American policy changed as a result?
        4. Border security? What border security? Citation/explanation needed.
        5. Sure I guess I'll give credit for this, although I think it's just a formal announcement of things that happen regardless in a new administration.
        6. Sure approved. I guess we'll see the pay off over time
        7. Citation absolutely needed, all evidence I can find is to the contrary see my real citation of laws passed above that shows a very stark contrast.
        8. Sure, Gorsuch is fine, but again is there someone on Trumps list you were opposed to? If not can you specify someone Republicans would have wanted you opposed? If not what specific actions did TRUMP do that lead to it?
        9. I wouldn't count this as some success you are aware that the supreme courts injunction while nullifying the full rejection of the EO, it drastically reduced the scope and neutered it? Limiting it only to people with no bona fide US ties. Effectively reducing it to B-2 visas. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...mps-travel-ban For reference 150 such visas were approved last year: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam...-TableXVII.pdf and 1703 in 2015 https://travel.state.gov/content/dam...-TableXVII.pdf Basically in the Obama administration they already began heavily restricting visas from Iran and Syria, which were the biggest changes from 2015/2016.
        10. Credit here VA is a mess, and needs to be fixed. It's easier to clear away muck than to fix it though so this will depend on what ends up happening.
        11. Hasn't been negotiated, until something happens no credit is granted.
        12. Sure spending is up, I would argue that wasteful spending needs to be the focus.
        13. Uh... I don't think any president seeks to help others at our expense give me a citation of Obama actually intending that, not some supposition.

Comment

• 13. Iran giveaway. Paris Accord.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            13. Iran giveaway. Paris Accord.
            Citation needed. Seriously I make all attempts in my posts to cite things and prove my points with unbiased news(NPR, BBC, AP, Reuters) or actually government sites and legitimate studies, and I consistently face counter arguments that just say I'm wrong with zero sources. I'm willing to concede when I'm wrong, I have been in the past and I will be in the future, but just saying it, doesn't make it so. Give me something to work with. I'm trying to enter these discussions honestly and upfront. I have received one source from Kung Wu, which he agreed wasn't a genuine equivalency. I want to debate Trump with facts, knowledge, and understanding. But I don't feel any reciprocal effort to back points and arguments with genuine substance.

Comment

• odd that you don't remember those things

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                odd that you don't remember those things
                I do remember them I'm asking you to back your claims that they were entirely for the benefit of another country and not the US. There is no evidence of such a thing. All valid source I find show that while the payment to Iran WAS delayed to ensure the release of prisoners, we did owe them for a failed arms deal in the 70's. Paris, show me where the accords placed a burden on the US to the benefit of others. We basically already have legislation that puts us on track to meet the Paris Accords.

Comment

• 3. Huge plus to businesses that don't have to meet made-up regulations to improve a non-existent issue. Costs of products would have increased and been a drain on economy.
                  4. Illegal entry is estimated to be down 40% just due to Trump's rhetoric and promise to build the wall. Illegals are actually being deported rather than protected by the administration. The wall will be built (huge plus and will pay for itself in less than 3 months based on current expenditures for illegals).
                  7. Google it, it's a fact. I saw it on Politico, NPR, CNN, Business Insider just to name a few.
                  8. It is a huge win for the country to have a real judge rather than an activist like recent appointees. Trump published his top 15 picks and all seem good.
                  9. Also open to interpretation but it was a huge smack down to crybaby activist district courts that tried to deny the travel ban on bogus grounds.
                  11. Agreed, but just the fact that we are renegotiating is a good thing.
                  12. Agreed, but the fact that this President values our military and understands that it is a necessary evil is a big win for the country.
                  13. Nearly everything Obama did was against the best interests of the country. Apology tour, empowering Muslim extremists, adding anti-Americans to be in positions to provide input on critical decisions, policy that led to creation of ISIS, negotiating with terrorists to release traitor Bergdahl (whom Obama called a hero), race division, war on police, BLM, Iran deal, ObamaCare, expanding food stamps, expanding Medicaid, releasing dangerous prisoners from Gitmo, inaction that led to the Syrian crisis, refusal to address inner city crime, the list is so extensive it's hard to even list them all. Obviously some of these are domestic, but they are so bad for Americans they had to be listed.

And for the record, you said policies. I interpret that to mean point of views that differ from recent administrations. That doesn't necessarily mean passed/completed. It means direction we are headed under this President versus the previous administration.
                  Last edited by shockfan89_; July 12, 2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Several things I count as wins under Trump.

1. Two regulations must be removed for every one passed EO
                    Did someone say EO? If you are looking to build a wall, he would certainly be a good place to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                      1. EO we have seen no actual application.
                      This is correct. I believe he didn't see much playing time in Europe after college.

Comment

• I like to call this one "the application of EO"

Comment

3. Huge plus to businesses that don't have to meet made-up regulations to improve a non-existent issue. Costs of products would have increased and been a drain on economy.
                          4. Illegal entry is estimated to be down 40% just due to Trump's rhetoric and promise to build the wall. Illegals are actually being deported rather than protected by the administration. The wall will be built (huge plus and will pay for itself in less than 3 months based on current expenditures for illegals).
                          7. Google it, it's a fact. I saw it on Politico, NPR, CNN, Business Insider just to name a few.
                          8. It is a huge win for the country to have a real judge rather than an activist like recent appointees. Trump published his top 15 picks and all seem good.
                          9. Also open to interpretation but it was a huge smack down to crybaby activist district courts that tried to deny the travel ban on bogus grounds.
                          11. Agreed, but just the fact that we are renegotiating is a good thing.
                          12. Agreed, but the fact that this President values our military and understands that it is a necessary evil is a big win for the country.
                          13. Nearly everything Obama did was against the best interests of the country. Apology tour, empowering Muslim extremists, adding anti-Americans to be in positions to provide input on critical decisions, policy that led to creation of ISIS, negotiating with terrorists to release traitor Bergdahl (whom Obama called a hero), race division, war on police, BLM, Iran deal, ObamaCare, expanding food stamps, expanding Medicaid, releasing dangerous prisoners from Gitmo, inaction that led to the Syrian crisis, refusal to address inner city crime, the list is so extensive it's hard to even list them all. Obviously some of these are domestic, but they are so bad for Americans they had to be listed.
                          Seriously still no cites.
                          3. Give me a regulation that a business is now no longer following due to Trump.
                          4. saying it doesn't make it so, give me an article.
                          7. I have googled it and I have provided cites to the contrary. I have no where at all seen confirmation of more laws passed. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ate-historica/ No milestone laws, relatively high house keeping legislation early, but that has vastly tapered off as I have shown above.
                          8. Activists? You calling Kagan and Sotomayor activists??? On what basis?
                          9. Open to interpretation? No it's not I gave all the evidence, the travel ban was neutered and it's current scope overlaps with already enacted policy to be more stringent on ALL B-2 visas. Also they overturned the injunction these things happen is every time a "smack down to cry baby activist district courts"?
                          13 Cite, cite cite.... Seriously.

Comment

• Whatever happened to @seskridge? I haven't seen her around in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              This is correct. I believe he didn't see much playing time in Europe after college.
                              I do miss EO, I will never forget shaking his hand in Omaha after our first win there in decades and feeling like an infant with his giant plate sized hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                                I do miss EO, I will never forget shaking his hand in Omaha after our first win there in decades and feeling like an infant with his giant plate sized hands.
                                you could say: his giant "spatula" sized hands, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X