Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    Slightly off topic, someone (probably the Russians) tried to hack Wolf Creek:
    The New York Times reports Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation near Burlington was named in a federal report issued last week on recent cyberattacks.

Or as likely the Chinese

Comment

Even though I voted for Trump, I don't believe a racist partisan hack like Chris Kobach has the rights to look at my voter registration, party affiliation or voting record.

Be careful what you wish for, if a democrat gets elected, this same process could be used against both you and your party.
      The democrats got away with it with the IRS (among other things, so I don't think they need a precedent to act badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
        I mean your own numbers kinda show he's not exactly wrong. That's less than 600,000 people per year... Which is around 1.5% of the population of California. So 3 out of 200 people move a year, that doesn't seem like a lot to me. In raw numbers it seems like a lot but context matters. Even the article you linked is about no mass exodus. So then we break down into illegals of the population... Roughly 6%, so we are looking at roughly 6% of 600,000 which is 36,000 people. Then you start accounting for if they have a license, and then conversion rate of them trying and getting licenses in other states and well, we are looking at an incredibly small number in the grand scheme of things.
        These numbers lead to the conclusion that illegal aliens moving out of California could, over the course of a decade, equal a six figure number of illegal voters in the other 49 states. That's not "very small" as Khan claimed.

Comment

Even though I voted for Trump, I don't believe a racist partisan hack like Chris Kobach has the rights to look at my voter registration, party affiliation or voting record.

Be careful what you wish for, if a democrat gets elected, this same process could be used against both you and your party.
          I welcome voter ID laws and think we should eliminate all forms of voter fraud. I hate to disappoint you but no democrat will ever investigate voter fraud. I imagine the fraud would be more than 10 to 1 in favor of the democrats.

Comment

Democrats want to expand the voter pool (which potentially confers the right to vote to people who are not qualified), republicans want to shrink it (which potentially disenfranchises legal voters).
            Both parties are incentivised to expand the voter pool, but only with people that are likely to vote for them. If you pander to a specific demographic, then you are likely to receive their votes.

Democrats justify pandering to and seek to enable illegal aliens because they are betting that future generations of that demographic will vote for them. Republicans don't think it's right or responsible for illegal aliens to enter the country illegally, therefore they don't pander to them.

It really just boils down to that, doesn't it?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Both parties are incentivised to expand the voter pool, but only with people that are likely to vote for them. If you pander to a specific demographic, then you are likely to receive their votes.

Democrats justify pandering to and seek to enable illegal aliens because they are betting that future generations of that demographic will vote for them. Republicans don't think it's right or responsible for illegal aliens to enter the country illegally, therefore they don't pander to them.

It really just boils down to that, doesn't it?
              Trump and his ilk reach out to alt-right overtly racist people, that's who they pander to. Most moderate republicans don't buy into this narrative, but it is certainly true with some segments of the party, so yes, I agree with you regards parties pandering to a specific demographic.

Comment

• Everyone should be against voter fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  These numbers lead to the conclusion that illegal aliens moving out of California could, over the course of a decade, equal a six figure number of illegal voters in the other 49 states. That's not "very small" as Khan claimed.
                  In no way does that reach 6 figures. If you break down the actual numbers you end up with POTENTIALLY 18,000 illegals leaving California with a drivers license(probably way over on the high end), then how many of them are gonna get a driver's license in a new state risking again deportation when their current license is valid for 5 years? And you are making a giant leap to assume that every illegal who got a license had their registration approved, which is definitely not the case, a simple database checking system probably denies most of the registrations. There is a lot of fear mongering with regards to illegal immigration and illegals voting that simply isn't true, much like how Democrats do the same with gun control/violence. Do both have issues that could be fixed? Certainly, but these are made into larger issues to pander to a base. And in some cases the party who presents it as a real issue provides solutions that don't actually solve the problem, so that it continues to be an electable pandering topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Everyone should be against voter fraud.
                    Absolutely, but it should include all aspects of voter fraud and be done by credible people. Chris Kobach is not credible.

To me credible people should be those who are independent of the political process. Sort of like a special prosecutor. People who exhibit integrity and are above reproach.

Comment

POTENTIALLY 18,000 illegals leaving California with a drivers license(probably way over on the high end
                      Where did you get 18,000? Are you ballparking 1/2 of all illegals in California have a license? 36k x 1/2 = 18k?

Comment

Absolutely, but it should include all aspects of voter fraud and be done by credible people.
                        Explain... No, on second thought...

Comment

these are made into larger issues to pander to a base. And in some cases the party who presents it as a real issue provides solutions that don't actually solve the problem, so that it continues to be an electable pandering topic.
                          That is just blather that comes from those who dither.

We don't know who is in America and who isn't. We don't know who comes in and who leaves. Some say 11 Million and others say that is a drop in the bucket.

We also don't know how many are voting illegally. I would THINK that is a minor problem in Kansas, but I know a lot more illegals are here than I know of. For example, I know people who aren't illegal but I found their spouse was illegal. I have found out that several that I've known were concerned that one of their kids would be arrested because of a problem and slipped back to the border quickly, and I don't have a large number of Hispanics that are in my circle. In California, there are a lot of open border crazies who would do a lot of things to keep things like they are instead of solving the problem, and that includes voting fraud.

I just feel that we need to solve the problem, know who is here and who isn't (green cards, legal workers, etc.), and continue to keep a handle on it for the future (unlike our last time that we supposedly solved the problem in the 1980's and it is worse than it was then). I don't want anyone sent home, but the revolving door of people coming in and out needs to stop.

I am not an open borders person, and those who are would just as soon dither on these issues. Democrats tend to be people who don't want this problem solved. Why? I can only speculate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            Where did you get 18,000? Are you ballparking 1/2 of all illegals in California have a license? 36k x 1/2 = 18k?
                            Yes on the basis of conversion rate of people of citizens who get a drivers license I think a more than ambitions estimate would be 50% of illegals. 18K is the maximum number leaving California with a license in a given year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              That is just blather that comes from those who dither.

We don't know who is in America and who isn't. We don't know who comes in and who leaves. Some say 11 Million and others say that is a drop in the bucket.

We also don't know how many are voting illegally. I would THINK that is a minor problem in Kansas, but I know a lot more illegals are here than I know of. For example, I know people who aren't illegal but I found their spouse was illegal. I have found out that several that I've known were concerned that one of their kids would be arrested because of a problem and slipped back to the border quickly, and I don't have a large number of Hispanics that are in my circle. In California, there are a lot of open border crazies who would do a lot of things to keep things like they are instead of solving the problem, and that includes voting fraud.

I just feel that we need to solve the problem, know who is here and who isn't (green cards, legal workers, etc.), and continue to keep a handle on it for the future (unlike our last time that we supposedly solved the problem in the 1980's and it is worse than it was then). I don't want anyone sent home, but the revolving door of people coming in and out needs to stop.

I am not an open borders person, and those who are would just as soon dither on these issues. Democrats tend to be people who don't want this problem solved. Why? I can only speculate.
                              Sure we need to fix issues with immigration and know who is here, I can agree with that, but anyone who believes a wall solves any of these problems is being deeply mislead(not directed at you specifically). We may not know of the illegals who are here, but I think voting as an issue of illegal immigrants is an almost inconsequential issue when you actually think about it, the logistics, and risks. When voter registration is submitted I find it highly unlikely we don't have a reasonable idea whether or not a person living in a given state with a given address and a given birth date can legally vote. The databases we use to keep track of things can probably eliminate a vast majority of illegal registrations off hand.

Comment

• My voter fraud experience. Last Summer, after the primaries and before the general election, my family was in South Omaha to watch my youngest son play baseball. We were attending a picnic right after the game, so we stopped at Supermercado Nuestra Familia, a Mexican grocery store in the area. Outside of the store there were several, what appeared to be people soliciting signatures for a petition. I asked what they were gathering signatures for, but they weren't looking for petition signers.

The people were fluent in Spanish and were canvasing voter registration. Hispanic voter registration in general and "undocumented" Hispanic registration in particular. I was dumbfounded. They were not just open about it, but proudly canvassing the registration of illegals. They were also passing out Hillary campaign literature. When I asked to register, I was denied as they told me they were there only to register undocumented Hispanics and Democrats. I didn't make a stink, I just walked away.

This stuff is really happening.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X