• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

They have trump at 69 percent lies currently

And Obama at 26 percent lies
    Did you look at any of the items they rated?

Many were very, very subjective. And some cannot be concluded because they are statements about future predictions.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Last edited by Kung Wu; June 26, 2017, 03:24 PM.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Last edited by Kung Wu; June 26, 2017, 03:16 PM.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I've concluded that people tend to believe what they want to believe and tend to not beleive what they don't want to believe. That makes rational discussions of conflicting viewpoints nearly impossible. Politicians can say things that are obviously incorrect and those who want to believe it will believe it.

Trump is the guy in charge now, so he's the one who's going to have his feet held to the fire. The corollary to "you lost, get over it" is "you won, deal with it". Trump said he was going to build a wall, spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure, vastly reduce insurance premiums while keeping everyone covered, make a huge increase in military spending, cut taxes and balance the budget. People who wanted to believe that, believed it.

To me, those statements were lies. To those who wanted to believe that was possible, those statements were the truth. To those who knew that could never be accomplished, but supported the party or the person making the statements, it was just puffery. Sort of like a used car salesman telling a prospective buyer that the one-owner car was driven to church twice on Sunday, and once a week to the grocery store, always parked in a garage, and he knew the previous owner who religiously changed the oil every 3,000 miles.
          Last edited by Aargh; June 23, 2017, 09:39 AM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Again, all you care about is liberal tears and not how it will actually impact peoplem.
            It all political theater. Whether Obama is president or Trump is president - in the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter. There is way to much inertia in our system for any single person to make any significant impact.

But I do care about the bats - and we were told this week the biologist simulations show they could be extinct within a couple decades because of wind farms. Now that may impact us since they are a major contributor in controlling mosquitos. Think of the potential Zika outbreaks we may now face among other diseases they carry.

Comment

• Bats unable to locate and dodge slowly rotating wind turbines? I'm not buying that for a minute. Bats have echo location and are incredibly maneuverable. A bat would know exactly where the turbine was, how fast it was moving, etc. Maybe the really dumb bats would go extinct.

Just to be safe, maybe we should build wind farms where there aren't any sizable bat populations - like western Kansas.

In my experience, I've found those most adamantly opposed to renewable energy sources have (in one way or another) a financial interest in fossil fuels.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Bats unable to locate and dodge slowly rotating wind turbines? I'm not buying that for a minute. Bats have echo location and are incredibly maneuverable. A bat would know exactly where the turbine was, how fast it was moving, etc. Maybe the really dumb bats would go extinct.

Just to be safe, maybe we should build wind farms where there aren't any sizable bat populations - like western Kansas.

In my experience, I've found those most adamantly opposed to renewable energy sources have (in one way or another) a financial interest in fossil fuels.
                I have a slightly different take on your conclusion. What are the renewable energy sources that are currently being employed? Solar, wind, hydroelectric, nuclear. A lot of people that are pro wind/solar are anti-nuclear and anti-hydroelectric. The reason these folks don't want nuclear or hydroelectric is because they believe that everything we do negatively impacts the environment. While civilization creation does have negative impact, it also has positive impact, such as prolonged life, increased wealth, and decreased absolute poverty. If you fairly weigh the pros and cons, then energy is a good thing for people. There's no reason for greenests to be against hydroelectric and nuclear power unless they believe that people are inherently evil. So, there's one group that is anti-renewable energy that doesn't do it for financial motives.

As to those that oppose it based on finances. Yes there are some super greedy companies out there, but the majority would actually reject it because it isn't financially viable. That's different than repressing it because they use fossil fuels. If they could make money on solar right now, they would be all over it!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Bats unable to locate and dodge slowly rotating wind turbines? I'm not buying that for a minute. Bats have echo location and are incredibly maneuverable. A bat would know exactly where the turbine was, how fast it was moving, etc. Maybe the really dumb bats would go extinct.

Or maybe they just think those huge wind turbines, with their cacophony of lights at night, are one of the most egregious single inventions to ever hit the prairie horizon. It's hilariously ironic that liberal environmentalists love them; I assume none of them live somewhere where their favorite panorama while enjoying the great outdoors has been ruined by sea of windmill skyscrapers for as far as the eye can see.

Visually, you'd be hard pressed to come up with another industrial item that has defaced the land as much as the wind turbine. Maybe an open strip mine? Can't come up with much else of similar scale.

I'm not a Brownback fan or a hater, nor am I anything close to an environmentalist, but one of the most effective things that guy has done in office is his restriction on wind turbine development in the Flint Hills.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    There's no reason for greenests to be against hydroelectric and nuclear power unless they believe that people are inherently evil. So, there's one group that is anti-renewable energy that doesn't do it for financial motives.
                    @Aargh: is only referring to one renewable energy in his post, but I took his comment about "most adamantly opposed to renewable energy sources" as referring to those who are opposed to any form of renewable energy. We're all opposed to some forms of renewable energy. Slave labor could be renewable energy, and we should all be opposed to that. I think the argument is people who find something wrong with every renewable energy tend to have strong, personal financial incentives in place.

Also, to clarify, I don't believe it's accurate to say there's no reason to be against hydroelectric or nuclear power unless you believe people are inherently evil. A huge portion of our uranium consumption is imported, we have waste issues, and safety concerns. None of the reasons I'm hesitant about nuclear power are that I distrust people.

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Wind turbines move very fast. They look slow because they are huge and you are far away, but those blades are scary fast!

Comment

Scientist are confounded exactly why and have numerous theory's, some think it may be the pressure waves off the blades causing their lungs to explode. Obviously more research is needed (but Trump budget cutbacks will likely impact and hurt bat research).

15 species of bats in Kansas including western Kansas.

idk, some pretty legit environmentalist groups bringing out the danger of wind turbines

Wind turbines are killing endangered bats much faster than anybody thought, according to a new University of California study

The negative impact of windfarms on birds - and particularly raptors - has been fairly well documented over the years. There has also been quite a lot of discussion of the impact on bats, with gory discussions of how the pressure waves from the turbines cause the poor beasties' lungs to explode. Thi

Protecting our children from Industrial Wind Power Emissions is our first priority!

We have not even started talking about the impact on Eagles

Comment

• I think the vast majority of people would be all for Wind and solar so long as it is stable, affordable and efficient. Im not sure it is all of those things now. I believe that sometime in the relatively near future, the U.S. will invent an energy source that will check all those boxes. At which point, it wont matter what the fossil fuel companies do.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I also think it may be possible that people will be able to generate personal power for their home and ditch electric co.panies altogether.

Comment

Just lol. Our president shouldn't insinuate anything that isn't true. The dude lies over 68 percent of the time. That isn't an attack on truth. Y'all are hopeless.
                                Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Originally posted by seskridge
                                http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

They have trump at 69 percent lies currently

And Obama at 26 percent lies
                                Maybe we can all agree on this?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X