Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I saw the same thing during Obama's terms. So many legitimate things to criticize him for, but people would run with fake news. I think it's because fake news is easy to understand, rather than the real stuff that requires some critical thinking and wading through the nuance.

Both sides have this problem.
    That's definitely true. It's like MVJ pointed out. The Hamilton stuff is still problematic, but liberals latched onto the part that's silly.

Who knew the thing that would make me the most frustrated on this board would be false liberal propaganda...

Comment

• Instead of starting a new topic, I'll put this here. It's somewhat Trump-related.

I. Vox’s David Roberts writes about Donald Trump and the rise of tribal epistemology. It’s got a long and complicated argument which I can’t really do justice to here, but the the…

I don't agree with every position in this article, but it certainly is thought-provoking.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Who knew the thing that would make me the most frustrated on this board would be false liberal propaganda...
        You're just waking up to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Both sides have this problem.
          Winning.

I grow weary of having to constantly correct my conservative friends that repost fake news and half truths.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            There are a million reasons Trump is doing a bad job. There at least that many reasons to make fun of him. Why are the things that make headlines the things that are just obviously false or not a big deal?
            I doubt there are a million, Mr. Fake Liberal News (j/k) but I'd be curious what your top 5 are so far.

It seems many of the conservative things he's tried to champion have failed, so far at least. That would seem to make you happy, no?

And he's certainly gotten behind more than a handful of liberal ideas.

Like I said, just curious what your top 5 "bad job" things are so far.

I'll say this, and I was no Trump supporter. Unlike most conservatives around here, I'm not afraid to admit I voted for Donald over Hillary (it was a last second change) but other than his numerous verbal gaffs and continuing use of twitter (both of which prove he's a narcissist like every other leader and hardly any worse than Obama, and that he has not spent his lifetime in the classroom learning how to speak like a politician which is a fairly sizeable reason he was elected in the first place, something many of you more educated/brainwashed folks out there continue to fail to recognize, showing your own narcissism) what have his real mistakes been?

Clearly he doesn't support slavery nor does he think the North Korean whack job deserves a gold statue erected in Times Square. Do those things really matter to anyone that doesn't spend their life in college?

Seriously, use your head. Anyone with a brain knows he was saying "Hey, I'll sit down with this guy if it means fixing things before his country is obliterated and if it means I make him feel good by saying it's an honor, who gives a ****?"
            Last edited by WuDrWu; May 2, 2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Instead of starting a new topic, I'll put this here. It's somewhat Trump-related.

I. Vox’s David Roberts writes about Donald Trump and the rise of tribal epistemology. It’s got a long and complicated argument which I can’t really do justice to here, but the the…

I don't agree with every position in this article, but it certainly is thought-provoking.
              Thanks for sharing this article. I agree, gives a lot to think about. I'm about to delve into the comments and see what lurks there.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                I'm about to delve into the comments and see what lurks there.
                Delving into the comments section these days is akin to going in head first in one of those croc infested African mud rivers.

Proceed with caution my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Delving into the comments section these days is akin to going in head first in one of those croc infested African mud rivers.

I'm pleasantly surprised that so far in the comments, it has remained civil and actually looks like real debate and dialogue, without resorting to figurative Molotov cocktails and such.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Like I said, just curious what your top 5 "bad job" things are so far.
                    Mine would be:

1. Literally breaking the law (emoluments, anti-nepotism laws, electoral financing, Trump University, RICO, ...)
                    2. The deterioration of our bonds with our allies (France, Britain, Australia, Germany).
                    3. Failure to even acknowledge, let alone address a massive spike in hate crimes
                    4. The dissolution of traditional procedural protections (aka the nuclear option)
                    5. The normalization of "bad faith"

Comment

• While I have zero respect, absolutely none whatsoever, for the man, I have ultimate respect for the position he holds. I am cautiously optimistic that we will get through the T administration without a full-on "fall of the empire" event. He will bumble and stumble his way through it and he won't be the catastrophe many think he will be. He will not be the great savior many think he will be either. It'll be a net wash and we will move on. We always do.

Comment

• For clarity, my comments were directed to @CBB_Fan:

I was looking for an intelligent response, thus I quoted @jdshock: and crossed my fingers.
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; May 2, 2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

You're just waking up to that?
                          It was mostly a tongue in cheek comment about how I've only had conservatives on this board to argue with. Now that we have someone posting fake liberal things, I find myself arguing a different direction than usual.

I'm going to think about my top 5 before I post them, but the "worst" decisions are different than the "make fun of" decisions. For example, he should be made fun of for saying he never knew healthcare could be so complicated. From a policy perspective, I'm very happy he came to that conclusion.

Comment

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              Mine would be:

1. Literally breaking the law (emoluments, anti-nepotism laws, electoral financing, Trump University, RICO, ...)
                              2. The deterioration of our bonds with our allies (France, Britain, Australia, Germany).
                              3. Failure to even acknowledge, let alone address a massive spike in hate crimes
                              4. The dissolution of traditional procedural protections (aka the nuclear option)
                              5. The normalization of "bad faith"
                              Here's my counterpoint (or attempt at it):
                              1. The Trump University case was litigated and settled. What proof do you have he broke electoral financing laws and committed RICO violations? The other two I will give you.
                              2. France has a nationalist running for president. While she may not make it, she was one of the top two receiving votes. Britain is in the process of withdrawing from the EU in a move that was driven by nationalist views. As a result, to conclude the nationalist movement is confined entirely to the US is a false theme. The other two I will give you.
                              3. There has not been a 'massive' spike in hate crimes, as you have suggested. While I am absolutely sure the number of hate crimes has increased, massive indicates, at least to me, a doubling or tripling of those types of crimes. I don't believe that has happened.
                              4. The dissolution of the nuclear option has less to do with Trump and more to do with political funding and senate candidates (on both sides). By the way, we started down this road when the democrats, who ran the senate at the time, abolished the filibuster for federal judges. The republicans were taking the next logical step.
                              5. I don't know what you are getting at here.

So, my take on your comments is that you're exaggerating. You're exaggerating as bad as Trump does trying to make a point, which, to me, makes YOU look just as bad.

While Trump has a lot of habits which could be improved upon, you don't help your case when you just pull stuff out of your butt because, well, you can.

I am disappointed with Trump, but when you go back and figure out how we got here, the mere fact he was elected should not surprise anyone at all. Both candidates were horrible. Both candidates were dishonest. Both candidates hid their agenda and exaggerated in an attempt to get your vote.

It's too bad Nancy Pelosi was not retired by the dems during the current session. She represents a big piece of the problem as well. I don't think having her (potentially) as speaker of the house is going to fix anything.

As George Stephanopolous pointed out to her on Sunday, most people have less confidence on the dem's ability to lead as the republicans. Count me in that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                                Mine would be:

I hate the nuclear option, and I wish we could put the genie back in the bottle. That said, we must not forget from whence the nuclear option came.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X