• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    FIFY...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• U.S. wins the World Baseball Classic over U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico. Are we tired of the winning yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        U.S. wins the World Baseball Classic over U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico. Are we tired of the winning yet?
        MSNBC is reporting that the win is under investigation. The Russian intelligence community leaked a Puerto Rican scouting report and the USA ball boy emailed his 3rd cousin who lives in Moscow during the tournament, a clear violation of WBC rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
          This healthcare bill is a disaster and the republican factions aren't coming together. They had 7 years to work on a bill and they present this crap.
          I'm happy the Kochs put the hammer down on 'Dirty Don' and his threats to primary anyone who voted against the rotten P.U. bill that the alleged 'deal-maker' made.

You either go full bore (and live with the 24 million people losing their health care coverage), you leave it alone or you FIX it.

This looks like Obammycare 2.0 to me. NY is getting a bonanza for their upstate republican reps to deal with the Medicaid 'fix'. Reminded me of some of the payoffs that were going on when the original Obammycare bill was passed. Seems like the people calling the dems out are probably the ones doing EXACTLY what was done when Obammycare was originally passed. This means those people are hypocrites.

Comment

• How bad would the current system need to be for republicans to get on board with a universal payer system? I get that you'd never only have those two options, but assume that it's too politically disastrous to repeal or there isn't another fix or something. If given the choice between Obamacare in its current form and a single payer system, do you still pick Obamacare?

Comment

This healthcare bill is a disaster and the republican factions aren't coming together. They had 7 years to work on a bill and they present this crap.
              Can you give a run down on the republican proposal? I really not seen any details, but only ready the conservatives were blocking it because it was just Obama care with a different name.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                How bad would the current system need to be for republicans to get on board with a universal payer system? I get that you'd never only have those two options, but assume that it's too politically disastrous to repeal or there isn't another fix or something. If given the choice between Obamacare in its current form and a single payer system, do you still pick Obamacare?
                Free-market republicans will never support single-payer. If you're doing something like this, single payer would be a much better way to go, but I believe it is a non-starter with Libertarians.

If I were designing a system, I would make it single payer. However, given the reach and the money involved, I would also say the health insurers would fight this to their deaths. That in itself would mean there will probably never be a single-payer system.

Comment

This gives a great rundown. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...l-cheat-sheet/

Nunes just cancelled an open hearing set for next week. He needs to step down.
                  Thanks. So it the same as Obamacare, except you will no longer be taxed if you don't buy insurance (e.g. you have a choice of buying insurance, and the type of insurance you want). It no longer an entitlement (meaning they have cut the subsidies).

I didn't see them address one way or they other whether are they still requiring insurance be sold state by state, and whether they addressed the mandates of all medical information be put online?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    However, given the reach and the money involved, I would also say the health insurers would fight this to their deaths. That in itself would mean there will probably never be a single-payer system.
                    Looks like you and this member of the President's staff are on the same page. Salute:

The Trump aide has told associates he’s unhappy with the bill and is already distancing himself from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Thanks. So it the same as Obamacare, except you will no longer be taxed if you don't buy insurance (e.g. you have a choice of buying insurance, and the type of insurance you want). It no longer an entitlement (meaning they have cut the subsidies).

I didn't see them address one way or they other whether are they still requiring insurance be sold state by state, and whether they addressed the mandates of all medical information be put online?
                      In order to sell insurance across state lines, the congress would have to step in and pass a bill invalidating the McCarran-Ferguson act (which the president would have to sign). That would be the first step in the path to create a national insurance regulatory mechanism.

Back in the 'good ole' days', it was always the democrats (John Conyers, specifically) introducing bills to do this. Plus there was a big push when Obama was president. The federal government even hired an ex-insurance commissioner from Illinois who was really trying to get this done. Most of the people who regulated insurance companies detested the guy (and I believe he was also hated by the folks at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Sorry, but I can't remember his name. I worked as a contractor in this area briefly about 4 years ago. My other experience in this area dates back to the late 1990's, so I don't know who the players are now.

Comment

Wouldn't a good leader say okay, this failed let us try to fix the current system rather than obamacare will explode then we will fix it. If obamacare explodes then people die. Why would the president want that?
                        I think Trump is doing a good job.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          How bad would the current system need to be for republicans to get on board with a universal payer system? I get that you'd never only have those two options, but assume that it's too politically disastrous to repeal or there isn't another fix or something. If given the choice between Obamacare in its current form and a single payer system, do you still pick Obamacare?
                          Never

Comment

Wouldn't a good leader say okay, this failed let us try to fix the current system rather than obamacare will explode then we will fix it. If obamacare explodes then people die. Why would the president want that?
                            Evidently the democrats don't think it will explode and are happy with Obamacare. Because I'm sure that if it was going to explode they would have joined in making changes to Obamacare. I think really when he talks about exploding he means the Obamacare Tax increases will now start really taking effect for those who choose not to purchase insurance.

So I guess u just have chalk up a trump rhetoric to hurt feeling and he found out closing the deal is a lot harder in politics.

Comment

Possibly, but we are lacking the good leader at this point.

Comment

Schiff has really impressed me on the House Intelligence committee. I have high hopes for him. His words are deliberate nut cautious. He knows exactly what he is doing.
                                He is former lawyer/former prosecutor. He understands words have meaning.

Comment

Working...
                                X