Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Why do the Americans have to be "on US soil" for it to matter?
    That seemed to be a pretty good metric since the policy prevents people from coming to US soil.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      A trillion dollars is a freaking rounding error anymore.
      A trillion is 1/4 of the annual U.S. Federal Budget. Not quite a rounding error.

Comment

• I heard this morning that the 7 countries were chosen in 2015 & 2016 due to being in high risk areas AND because their governments were the least helpful or least capable of sharing intelligence information to properly vet the immigrants. Saudi Arabia may be a higher risk, but DHS obviously feels the information they share with us somewhat mitigates that risk. Agree or disagree, that was the reasoning behind the list. If you are in a high risk area and can't/won't share information, I would say that deserves extra caution and vetting.

As for the imports/exports of crude, Canada can only refine 25% of the crude they produce. They are likely sending us the 3.75 million gallons of crude and we are refining the product and exporting back gasoline and other refined products. Most of the import/export game comes down to logistics and supply & demand. There are many types of crude oil and not all refineries are set-up refine the same type, at least efficiently. Hopefully the Keystone and Dakota pipelines will continue to minimize our reliance on Middle East oil. It's no secret that some of the oil money we send to the Middle East eventually funnels into terrorists hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          A trillion is 1/4 of the annual U.S. Federal Budget. Not quite a rounding error.
          Funny.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It seems to me that Thomas Hardiman is the most moderate of the potential Supreme Court picks. If he is who Trump picks, I hope that Dems confirm him relatively quickly. Filibustering a somewhat moderate pick would more than likely be met with the nomination of someone who will make liberals wish for the days of Scalia.

Comment

• Please don't be Thomas Hardiman. The world won't end if it is, and Clinton would have done much worse, but what a missed opportunity if he goes that direction.

Doesn't Trump's sister work with Hardiman? If so, my bet is on Hardiman (unless she doesn't like him).
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• You know what? If he selects Hardiman, perhaps the REPUBLICANS ought to block him. The GOP holds all the cards -- why shouldn't they play them?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  You know what? If he selects Hardiman, perhaps the REPUBLICANS ought to block him. The GOP holds all the cards -- why shouldn't they play them?
                  I had a similar thought, but there's got to be a way that is less embarrassing than that, right? The Republicans could just let the Dems filibuster or grill him like crazy during the hearings and then act like there was a legitimate reason to not confirm him.

538 has Hardiman pegged as a really moderate guy, but I just don't see that. I get that he's kind of an unknown, but he's had a lot of really conservative decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    I had a similar thought, but there's got to be a way that is less embarrassing than that, right? The Republicans could just let the Dems filibuster or grill him like crazy during the hearings and then act like there was a legitimate reason to not confirm him.

538 has Hardiman pegged as a really moderate guy, but I just don't see that. I get that he's kind of an unknown, but he's had a lot of really conservative decisions.
                    This the only reason I was able to hold my nose and vote for trump. I think just about everything else he screws up will bw to overcorrect Obama's decisions. I bet he is a one term president; age,fatigue, health, bordem,frustration, poor execution, scandle,... will overcome his ego and he will not seek reelection

Comment

• Trump ready to move on H1B visas?

This is long past due, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does. It will make tech execs angry, but that's just part of life. Back a loser, pay the consequences.......
                      A draft of an executive order to overhaul how companies hire international workers could inflame the tech industry. Here's why H-1B visas are such a big deal.

If he did this tomorrow, it would not be too soon for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                        This the only reason I was able to hold my nose and vote for trump. I think just about everything else he screws up will bw to overcorrect Obama's decisions. I bet he is a one term president; age,fatigue, health, bordem,frustration, poor execution, scandle,... will overcome his ego and he will not seek reelection
                        Ditto. Except I wasn't really holding my nose. 4 more years of Hillary/Obama was just something that I, and apparently many more Americans than most anyone on the left is willing to admit, felt the same way. Deplorable's anyone?

Comment

• Reports that Gorsuch and Hardiman are both being flown to DC for tonight's announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            This is long past due, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does. It will make tech execs angry, but that's just part of life. Back a loser, pay the consequences.......
                            A draft of an executive order to overhaul how companies hire international workers could inflame the tech industry. Here's why H-1B visas are such a big deal.

If they are exploiting the law to pay lower wages, one would think this cause would be right up the left's alley to politicize...

I agree that it is garbage if thats the case.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Reports that Gorsuch and Hardiman are both being flown to DC for tonight's announcement.
                              Are they both going to be present at the presser? Is Trump going to hand out a rose? Or just say "You're hired" or "You're not hired"?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

I'm doing my best to put American (Kansan at that) kids into the tech pipeline as coders. I just wish more of my kiddos would stick with learning to code even after the "this is really hard" wall hits them in the face. It takes time and practice, practice, practice. And writing a lot of crappy code to figure out how it all works.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X