Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    The argument you're making is the same thing I've heard from other conservatives, and it just makes no sense. It's like saying "this scienfific finding found that 1+2+3=6. I really like those first numbers, but I don't like the result, so I'll say they equal 10." You might as well say the DHS prepared a list of 7 countries that didn't require a travel ban.

Further, do you honestly believe bipartisan support and support from the DHS of the Obama administration was important to Trump when he passed this?
    You like math and you are suggesting that DHS' list didn't matter to Trump, instead he chose his own list for some unknown reason. Lets assume he did that to protect his business interests since thats the media's current narrative.

There 50 Muslim countries. Choosing 7 countries from a list of 50 countries yields 99884400 combinations (no repetitions allowed). There is a 1 in 99884400 chance that Trump's list exactly coincides with Obama's list. There is a 0.000001% chance that Trump's nefarious business interests just happen to coincide exactly with Obama's trustworthy and bipartisan agreed upon list.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That's a great argument, but it makes me think he's even less politically savvy than I assumed, since his policy is receiving so little support.
      NOTHING he does receives any support from the left.

Comment

• Jonathan Turley was on MSNBC (Georgetown law professor) and he said that this was not a Muslim ban because it included only a small amount of Muslim countries. He also said that courts in the past usually backed acts like this one that were nationally security based. He didn't get into the political components of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          NOTHING he does receives any support from the left.
          Do you truly, honestly, deep-down believe that this ban is not receiving more support because it's coming from Trump? And not because this is a radical act that the vast majority of democrats and many republicans oppose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Obama's trustworthy and bipartisan agreed upon list.
            This is the exact kind of thing that is making me so happy right now. I love it. Trump supporters are having to defend the list of countries put forth by the Obama administration. 8 years of saying "Saudi Arabia is where all the terrorists are," "This administration is full of the Muslim brotherhood and it's too weak on Muslims," etc.

And now it's all "the Obama administration literally came up with the best list ever. Saudi Arabia is nothing to worry about. Egypt is nothing to worry about."

Comment

Do you truly, honestly, deep-down believe that this ban is not receiving more support because it's coming from Trump? And not because this is a radical act that the vast majority of democrats and many republicans oppose?
              Actually I saw a poll that 66 percent of the public support better vetting practices. But this Act was so sloppily enacted that it affected Green Card holders,etc. that lost some support.

Comment

This is the exact kind of thing that is making me so happy right now. I love it. Trump supporters are having to defend the list of countries put forth by the Obama administration. 8 years of saying "Saudi Arabia is where all the terrorists are," "This administration is full of the Muslim brotherhood and it's too weak on Muslims," etc.

And now it's all "the Obama administration literally came up with the best list ever. Saudi Arabia is nothing to worry about. Egypt is nothing to worry about."
                I think the sarcasm went over your head. But I am glad you are happy! I'm happy too, it's going to 60+ degrees outside!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Actually I saw a poll that 66 percent of the public support better vetting practices. But this Act was so sloppily enacted that it affected Green Card holders,etc. that lost some support.
                  If it hadn't been for the word "actually" I would've thought you were agreeing with me.

Comment

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

• If Obama had issued the same ban/pause whatever on these countries, would the right have thrown a hissy fit like the left is now? I would say no, but someone tell me I'm wrong...
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Obama did do something similar, so did Carter.

Comment

• Protesting anything Trump does is our reality now. He could say, "save the whales" and there would be a million person march for dolphin's rights tomorrow. The general public will grow tired of this quickly and it could easily blow up in the democrats face at the voting booth again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            If Obama had issued the same ban/pause whatever on these countries, would the right have thrown a hissy fit like the left is now? I would say no, but someone tell me I'm wrong...
                            That's a strange question. It's like saying "If Bush had passed the same affordable care act that Obama did, would the left have thrown a hissy fit like the right did?"

I guess probably not, but it's also a ban that the right is more likely to support.

Comment

• I think a 90 day pause to make darn sure a critical security system is working properly is responsible. You'd turn off a breaker in your electrical panel if you suspected the wiring might be posing a fire risk somewhere, until you had it properly inspected. In fact, we need a LOT more of these pauses all throughout our government.

Comment

That's a strange question. It's like saying "If Bush had passed the same affordable care act that Obama did, would the left have thrown a hissy fit like the right did?"

I guess probably not, but it's also a ban that the right is more likely to support.
                                I think 99% of the lefts outrage is phony and based on ignorance. It gets really annoying. I really dont have as much sympathy for non citizens claiming rights under our flag. Its not for them to decide.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X