No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor lady obviously has lots of struggles and comes by bitterness honestly. I'm not sure that Hillary could help her either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      That's called keepin' it "One Hunderd" %
      Is she sponsored spokes-protestor for Coca-Cola?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        They were NOT allowed to participate in the march yesterday.
        That's incorrect. The organizers' official stance for the march included a pro-choice platform, but that was one aspect of the platform. Many pro-life people marched too.

To address your other question about why do it: positions like defunding planned parenthood (this isn't an abortion issue) disproportionately harm women. Additionally, many people do believe choice is important to ensure women's rights. Some might disagree with the right to have an abortion, but that is another policy position that some marched against.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          That's incorrect. The organizers' official stance for the march included a pro-choice platform, but that was one aspect of the platform. Many pro-life people marched too.

To address your other question about why do it: positions like defunding planned parenthood (this isn't an abortion issue) disproportionately harm women. Additionally, many people do believe choice is important to ensure women's rights. Some might disagree with the right to have an abortion, but that is another policy position that some marched against.
          A pro-life women s group planning to participate in the Women s March on Washington Saturday following Friday s inauguration of Donald Trump has been removed from the march s sponsorship list after ...

Comment

I think we both need to clarify our choice of words. The New Wave feminists were not allowed to march for their organization as it is a pro-life organization. There was no banning of individuals that are pro-life from marching, so long as they were not associating themselves with a pro-life group. There was a conscious choice to ban pro-life groups, and a conscious choice to allow pro-life individuals.

The march appears to be pro-life based on your explanation. Thanks for the info. What about the numerous other questions I posed? I'd really like to have this discussion. I can understand a pro-choice platform. I can understand an environmentalist platform. I can understand the want for gov to solve problems for individuals. I disagree, but it's reasonable and I understand. I haven't made heads or tails about the rest of it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I especially am amused at their description of this event being for marginalized women and their speakers were all multi millionaires and billionaires. Women like Steinem, Johannsen, etc. are not marganalized women.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I especially am amused at their description of this event being for marginalized women and their speakers were all multi millionaires and billionaires. Women like Steinem, Johannsen, etc. are not marganalized women.
                Eh...they speak for their cause. Who are they going to have speak? The gal in the photo above?
                Livin the dream

Comment

To address your other question about why do it: positions like defunding planned parenthood (this isn't an abortion issue) disproportionately harm women.
                  Unfortunately, the opposite is probably true. Abortion aside, Planned Parenthood gets in the way of women's health. There are far more free and reduced clinics for women's health than Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a very small minority and unneeded. And Planned Parenthood provides the fewest services of all. Planned Parenthood will provide a breast exam, but not a mammogram. If there is a concern from the breast exam, PP refers women to the non PP free clinics for followup and mammograms. PP does do vaginal exams and even provide Pap's, but once again, if there is an irregularity, PP refers to the other clinics. It's just what they do.

Conversely, those other clincs, which do the followups, compete with PP for federal money. These clinics that actually treat problems, including cancer, lose out to PP. If you have cancer, it would be far better to be diagnosed sooner, with treatment started sooner, than to have PP slow the whole thing down.

But, the above won't ever change, PP has done a great job of pushing their story, they have no plans of ever providing cancer services, but they will always want the money. When I see this commercial, I always think of PP. https://youtu.be/k8piX3PCsx4
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• WASHINGTON (AP) — In a global exclamation of defiance and solidarity, more than 1 million people rallied at women's marches in the nation's capital and cities around the world Saturday to send President Donald Trump an emphatic message on his first full day in office that they won't let his agenda go unchallenged.

and there you have it, AP spells it out....."anti-Trump march"

Comment

• What I need to know is, who is going to stand up and fight for the rights of hot chicks!?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        What I need to know is, who is going to stand up and fight for the rights of hot chicks!?
                        now that would be a match worth attending!
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-des...080705284.html

I'm not for an "Anti-President" march. I am fine with an "anti-policy" march. Someone please explain the "Anti-woman platform" that Trump is running. I haven't seen it.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I just want to add a little information. Here is the list of the health clinics in Wichita that provide healthcare at free or reduced rates. Planned Parenthood is on the list.

If you look at Planned Parenthood and assess the services offered, outside of abortion, every service they offer can be obtained elsewhere. Furthermore, where Planned Parenthood provides screenings, the others offer actual comprehensive care.

When you hear that cutting funding to Planned Parenthood would be detrimental to women's health, that is untrue.

Comment

• Why is it called Planned Parenthood? Shouldn't it be called Planned Avoiding Parenthood?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-des...080705284.html

Comment

Working...
                                X