Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    I put in a thousand qualifications in my post about racism because MVJ never understands my intention. Even if I say "this is hypothetical" 50 times, he still says "YOU ARE ARGUING THAT X IS GOING TO HAPPEN."

But, c'mon... don't tell me you follow the logic of "I can't be a racist because I did a nice thing for some people from Africa once."

Here's a few more qualifications for you to make fun of me for later, but I just really, really feel like I have to do it since MVJ has never once given me the benefit of the doubt: MVJ, I'M NOT CALLING YOU A RACIST. NO ONE IS. I'M JUST SAYING YOUR ARGUMENT IS A BAD ONE. SERIOUSLY, NO ONE HAS CALLED YOU A RACIST.
    Just reread and hopefully have a chuckle. And if it's still not funny to you then write it off as the poor attempt at humor it is.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Just reread and hopefully have a chuckle. And if it's still not funny to you then write it off as the poor attempt at humor it is.
      It was funny.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I have a legit question: do democrats or liberals support/sympathize with the current "protests" such as those that occurred in Washington today? Do you support other non-violent protests against Trump? Do you think either is helpful?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I have a legit question: do democrats or liberals support/sympathize with the current "protests" such as those that occurred in Washington today? Do you support other non-violent protests against Trump? Do you think either is helpful?
          Cowards wear masks. Add that to being destructive totally degrades ones cause (assuming they really have one).

If you truly believe what you are doing is right, and for the right reasons, step up. You should have nothing to hide your face about.

If you believe in your cause and see others doing this destruction which hurts your cause, you should be willing to take these cowards down and hold them for the authorities.

If your a true leader of a cause, you should be right out front making sure nothing like this happens and not allow coverings of the face. If your a leader and don't do this, as well as verbally condemning such actions, you are as phony as they are and, therefore, your cause is just as phony.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            What if Trump has the launch codes? Hypothetically, he could start WW3 right now. Knowing that, don't you think we should impeach?
            For the record, a President can't launch a nuke on his own. He has the codes but he has to get approval from the Sec of Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              For the record, a President can't launch a nuke on his own. He has the codes but he has to get approval from the Sec of Defense.
              The president is the only person with authority to launch nukes. The Secretary of Defense is next in line in the chain of command (part of the National Command Authority). It requires 2 people to verify that the president did in fact order the launch (the secretary of defense would likely be one of those people - if alive or available. The secretary of defense cannot stop the launch - they could resign and then the next person in the chain of command would take over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I know, I was in the military. I am one who worked, in a limited capacity, with nuclear launches. Just trying to be helpful since some people here see value in ridiculous hypotheticals. Hypothetically, Trump could use his launch codes to start a war.

Impeach him now!
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  The president is the only person with authority to launch nukes. The Secretary of Defense is next in line in the chain of command (part of the National Command Authority). It requires 2 people to verify that the president did in fact order the launch (the secretary of defense would likely be one of those people - if alive or available. The secretary of defense cannot stop the launch - they could resign and then the next person in the chain of command would take over.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/g...weapon-launch/
                  Yup. But don't let facts slow down hypotheticals.

Comment

• In before "Trump orders nuke code change to 123".
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      I know, I was in the military. I am one who worked, in a limited capacity, with nuclear launches. Just trying to be helpful since some people here see value in ridiculous hypotheticals. Hypothetically, Trump could use his launch codes to start a war.

Impeach him now!
                      Your desire to constantly shut down discussion is incredibly annoying. You make fun of liberals that advocate for safe spaces, but I've never once seen you engage in a reasonable, logical discussion with someone you disagreed with.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        Your desire to constantly shut down discussion is incredibly annoying. You make fun of liberals that advocate for safe spaces, but I've never once seen you engage in a reasonable, logical discussion with someone you disagreed with.
                        Really? Its easy for you to say that, but your assertion lacks substance. I have stated my beliefs over and over. I've done it both rationally and mockingly. I wtote a lingwinded, honest rundown of my opionion on Trump. It eas both rational and honest. This reply I'm writing is also rational. I have had the race card played on me in this thread, have you? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm not engaging in open, honest discussion. Unless, open and honest dis ussion means me tolling over and accepting anything from you.

When did I even mention safe spaces in this thread?

Comment

• I'm really confused on your safe spaces comment. Where have I even discussed safe spaces?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            I have a legit question: do democrats or liberals support/sympathize with the current "protests" such as those that occurred in Washington today? Do you support other non-violent protests against Trump? Do you think either is helpful?
                            I will say that I am very supportive of the marches that occurred today. First and foremost, the right to peacefully assemble is so important. Second, Trump is going to spout lies for four years that he's the most popular president in history. His press secretary has already tried to convince us that this was the most watched inauguration in history, but that's just false. Having millions march today compared to the woeful turnout yesterday shows what our country's desires are. Why is any protest helpful?

Comment

• With YouTube and Facebook streaming it, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was the most watched inauguration. Almost everyone I work with had it streaming on their computer. Both sides of the spectrum were viewing it. Perhaps since most Trump supporters work, the in person turnout wasn't as high.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                                Perhaps since most Trump supporters work, the in person turnout wasn't as high.
                                Lol... I'm sure there were loads of employees who had tickets or plans to go but couldn't get off work.

To be fair, you might be on to something. Unemployment is incredibly low right now. In January 2009, it was much, much higher.

But no... Every source (other than Trump's press secretary, apparently) believes 09 and 13 were viewed by many more people.

Comment

Working...
                                X