Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    You lumping @jdshock: in with those Chicago turds as one in the same, AKA, "Democrats", is scummy beyond belief. Agree with his opinions or not, he is patient, honest, and fair in his comments on this board. To claim that what happened in Chicago is a reason to sabotage his honest question is lame.

Just stop.
    And it wasn't an honest question, no more than asking if you still beat your wife. An honest question, an honest hypothetical would be based on a nugget in truth. The report was not true.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Where is the preelection sentiment from Clinton supporters that we need to accept the outcome of the election, whatever it may be?

Hypocritical?
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Come on Clinton supporters!
        Accept the outcome already!

Comment

• In the interest of changing the subject, I'll share my newest "whine" in hopes of sparking discussion:

Immediately prior to the election, a government official indicates they are reopening the investigation into Clinton. Ultimately, no new charges, but there is some evidence the announcement in and of itself had at least some negative impact on Clinton.

Now, we find out that numerous, reputable press organizations and intelligence agencies have documents regarding Trump's behavior in Russia, and they are investigating the claims but don't go public because the reports are unverified.

Yet, the media is openly opposed to Trump and the intelligence agencies weren't doing anything unusual when they announced they were reopening the investigation into Clinton.

Comment

• All this discussion about the legitimacy and semantics of "Office of the President Elect", and I didn't see one mention of "orifice".

Disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              All this discussion about the legitimacy and semantics of "Office of the President Elect", and I didn't see one mention of "orifice".

Disappointing.
              Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                And it wasn't an honest question, no more than asking if you still beat your wife. An honest question, an honest hypothetical would be based on a nugget in truth. The report was not true.
                1) How do you know conclusively that it didn't have a "nugget of truth"? Your opinion? Fine, but don't tell me that is a fact.
                2) A week ago, when the news first broke, and JD asked the hypo, there was even less reason to draw conclusions with certainty.
                3) You jump on JD for speculating. My goodness, this is the politics section of a sports message board. There is nothing wrong with speculation, especially when a poster admits to it.
                4) JD specifically said he didn't think this would lead to impeachment, but that it got him thinking. The hypo was an interesting exercise regardless of this specific report. Obviously Trump could eventually get dumped for a host of other reasons too.

Re-read his post (below).

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                Newest stuff coming out about Russia is concerning, but it's pretty far from anything close to being verified at this point.

Hypothetically, let's say Trump were impeached (I don't think that's where this is going. I'm not trying to start a debate about that. I'm just wondering.): Getting Pence for 3.5 years would have to be most Republicans' dream scenario, right? Most conservatives I've talked to think Pence would be a better president. From my point of view, I like a Democrat's chances a lot better in 2020 against Trump than I do against Pence.
                You have to either be out of your mind, totally dishonest, a partisan hack, or some other really messed up trait to have a problem with him in this case. Seriously, just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  In the interest of changing the subject, I'll share my newest "whine" in hopes of sparking discussion:

Immediately prior to the election, a government official indicates they are reopening the investigation into Clinton. Ultimately, no new charges, but there is some evidence the announcement in and of itself had at least some negative impact on Clinton.

Now, we find out that numerous, reputable press organizations and intelligence agencies have documents regarding Trump's behavior in Russia, and they are investigating the claims but don't go public because the reports are unverified.

Yet, the media is openly opposed to Trump and the intelligence agencies weren't doing anything unusual when they announced they were reopening the investigation into Clinton.
                  Sort of. Comey sent a letter. That letter was reported. If you listened closely, the press was very concise in reporting that they didn't know what, if anything would ne found. The news media merely reorted on an ongoing government investigation.

On the flipside, the media had a report on Trump. It wasn't compiled by US intel, instead, by an operative paid for by Trump's opponents. The media wasn't going to report on a report that US agencies wouldn't verify, it could potentially stain them like the Dan Rather incident. After the election, it spilled out, and again, the media had egg on their face.

On an aside, I was in Wisconsin right after the election. The email stuff had very little to do with Clinton losing. What the press hasn't told you is that people in Wisconsin are angry. They feel like they are taken for granted by the party. They are Democrats, but like their guns. They are Democrats, but aren't very supportive of abortion. Hillary killed herself with her statement on when a baby has rights. Mostly, they are upset that a recovery hasn't benefitted them. They work in logging and mills. They haven't had any job growth. No raises, stagnation, over regulation that was killing them. In my opinion, Wisconsin is still Democrat territory, but don't take them for or granted and the email scandal had little to do with it.

Madison is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    1) How do you know conclusively that it didn't have a "nugget of truth"? Your opinion? Fine, but don't tell me that is a fact.
                    2) A week ago, when the news first broke, and JD asked the hypo, there was even less reason to draw conclusions with certainty.
                    3) You jump on JD for speculating. My goodness, this is the politics section of a sports message board. There is nothing wrong with speculation, especially when a poster admits to it.
                    4) JD specifically said he didn't think this would lead to impeachment, but that it got him thinking. The hypo was an interesting exercise regardless of this specific report. Obviously Trump could eventually get dumped for a host of other reasons too.

Re-read his post (below).

You have to either be out of your mind, totally dishonest, a partisan hack, or some other really messed up trait to have a problem with him in this case. Seriously, just stop.
                    Angry much?

Like Hillary said, accept the outcome already!

Comment

• Trump is not my president. I didn't vote for him.

That said, like it or not, in a few days, while he might not be your president, he will be THE president.

Comment

• Screenshot_2017-01-17-14-01-14.jpg

In this photo, there is one ardent Trump supporter, a huge Jayhawk fan and a Clinton loyalist. I had to moderate the two amateur politicos all day long. It got old. Real fast. The Jayhawk fan started spouting his "Blueblood" ****, I reminded him that they were 0-2 vs. Wichita State in the dance and won't play Valley teams because they always lose. After that, he was pleasant as hell. Nothing I could do about the Trump or Clinton supporters, just two pains in the ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Like Hillary said, accept the outcome already!
                          Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Trump is not my president. I didn't vote for him.

That said, like it or not, in a few days, while he might not be your president, he will be THE president.
                          I'm not Hillary. Neither is @jdshock. Neither are you.
                          None of the three of us voted for Trump.

Who are you even talking to?

Comment

• I found this to be an informative read

Top political appointees at intelligence agencies are engaged in a dangerous and discrediting full-scale war against Donald Trump.

Comment

• I'm talking to the people that live in some fantasyland, where they believe that if they yell enough, if they hold their breath, if they cry, or break stuff, or even, just like my youngest children do, and come up with a list of what ifs, that somehow, the outcome will change. It won't.

What's worse is this election wasnt decided by the 40% of Dems, or the 40% of Repubs, it was decided by the 20% stuck somewhere in the middle. Those 20% aren't being swayed by the yelling, the holding of breath, breaking stuff or any other tactics, they, and me, are being turned off by it. The more the Dem's protest, the more they boycott, the more they yell, break stuff and more, the more the middle is saying, just give the guy a chance. But the Dem's are too blinded in their rage to even see that their tactics are counterproductive. They think they are winning the fight, they're not.

The better tactic would be to stop the nonsense, take an honest assessment of why this election turned out the way it did. Look for young, honest candidates for the future, listen to the people, hear what they think and build a platform. People are sick of Washington, they are sick of the noise, they are sick of protesters and they are sick of being taken for granted. Do this, and in four years, you will probably win. I doubt it, it's easier to whine, yell and complain than to look inward.
                              Last edited by MoValley John; January 17, 2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I found this to be an informative read

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/17/...mp-bad-country
                                Great read!

Comment

Working...
                                X