5th Republican debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Republican debate

Well, that should scare the heck out of America if they weren't already. At least there is Paul still on stage. Trump held his support and nobody really broke out.
    In the fast lane

Ha.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I watched the first hour.

Decided Ted 2 was more worthy of the attention.

Comment

I guess closemindedness works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I guess closemindedness works both ways.
          It most certainly does. I read an interesting article regarding that aspect of intelligence on LinkedIn today. Instead of closing our minds, I think that both sides should be more open and less judgmental. Conservatives think (and see life) through one prism and liberals through another prism. When we either one starts to dismiss the other as an idiot, it is a sure sign that your IQ is going down.

Instead of listening for signals (words) and reacting to them, we should remove our filters and pay attention to the content rather than the words.

Unfortunately, all too often neither side does this because it's a whole lot easier to react to the words we hear as opposed to thinking about the message that's communicated.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            It most certainly does. I read an interesting article regarding that aspect of intelligence on LinkedIn today. Instead of closing our minds, I think that both sides should be more open and less judgmental. Conservatives think (and see life) through one prism and liberals through another prism. When we either one starts to dismiss the other as an idiot, it is a sure sign that your IQ is going down.

Instead of listening for signals (words) and reacting to them, we should remove our filters and pay attention to the content rather than the words.

Unfortunately, all too often neither side does this because it's a whole lot easier to react to the words we hear as opposed to thinking about the message that's communicated.
            In theory that is correct, but the DNC is quite literally run by crooks right now. If you want proof, go read anything put out by any Dem who isn't paid by Hillary.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
            X