PARIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Which is why I've refrained from using it. For the record I hope you're not thinking I was referring to you. Definitely not you. No chance. Nope, not even close.

Fortunately, I'm not a cat person. The other metaphor is commonly phrased, "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig likes it." Didn't ISASO used to have that as his signature here or on MVCFans/ValleyTalk? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Naw, it's probably me. And I think I know why, but it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Naw, it's probably me. And I think I know why, but it's all good.
      Nope, not you. I honestly don't think the person I was referring to would even see this topic, as I've never seen them in the non-sports forums.

I probably shouldn't have even mentioned wanting to use it to describe a particular poster, but I wanted to provide context. A poor decision on my part.

Comment

Nope, not you. I honestly don't think the person I was referring to would even see this topic, as I've never seen them in the non-sports forums.

I probably shouldn't have even mentioned wanting to use it to describe a particular poster, but I wanted to provide context. A poor decision on my part.
        I'll take one for the team. Just make it a small bus, ok...

Comment

It's me! It's me! It's me! Oh I want so much for it to be me!!!

It's probably not me... ):
          :(
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

On a happy note, I just figured out the right direction to make an emoticon!
            :)
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              On a happy note, I just figured out the right direction to make an emoticon!
              :)
              You of all people need to be pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Ok, ok, no fighting! The line forms behind SHOXMVC. There's enough condescension to go around.

Comment

Ok, ok, no fighting! The line forms behind SHOXMVC. There's enough condescension to go around.
                  get me some popcorn while you're at the condescension stand please.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    I think every single hawk here misunderstands ISIS. ISIS doesn't care about America. ISIS doesn't care about France. They don't give a **** about the Western world.

ISIS believes that now is the time of Armageddon, and that they are destined to lead the true Muslims to victory over the heretics. Their goal isn't to make the West afraid. Their goal is to create a caliphate, a government ruled by a spiritual successor of the Islamic prophets. They aren't just a bunch of crazy Arabic men of fighting age; they are backed by old and wealthy religious nuts that truly believe what they are preaching. They believe that Armageddon will happen in Syria, after their defeat of the army of "Rome" at Dabiq starts the countdown. They believe that in order to win the final battle they need to purify Islam and bring it under their control.

The reason they attack Western countries is to provoke anger towards Muslims. What they want is war, war between the heretics and the true believers. They want Muslims driven out of the West and into their waiting arms so that they can radicalize them. They want Muslims in the west to be ostracized so that their agents can get to them and turn them against their country. They want constant warfare in the Middle East so that they can wipe out the false Muslims and topple Western-backed governments.

Basically, what I'm saying is that ISIS has been totally and completely successful at achieving their goals, as you can see by this thread alone. All emotional talk about manning up and fighting, anger towards Muslims, fear of getting attacked. This is exactly what they want. They want people in Wichita, Kansas to think they are at risk of getting attacked by Islamic terrorists. The truth is, I am a million times more likely to be struck be a car tomorrow than to ever be a victim of a terrorist attack. Terrorism is simply not a large-scale threat to this country.

We shouldn't send even a single soldier to fight ISIS on the ground. Not even one. As far as I'm concerned, the life of a single American is worth more than the entire ISIS caliphate. Instead, we should simply and cleanly fight an unfair war from the air. Wipe out every structure in ISIS territory, blow up every vehicle that tries to leave. Give law enforcement officers search warrants for everyone suspected by our hundred-billion dollar spy network of being a radical Islamist. Most importantly, we should seek the support and help of our countries Muslims, and of Muslims abroad. We should get Saudi Arabia to fight ISIS. Iran. We should enlist the help of every mosque in this country and in the EU.

If we let this become a ground war, ISIS wins. If we let fear rule us, ISIS wins. If we allow our emotional response to the tragedy turn us against the Muslims in our communities, ISIS wins. If we do nothing at all, ISIS wins. We only win if we fully commit ourselves to dismantling their caliphate without letting fear or hatred turn this into war between Muslims and the rest of the world.
                    Might be the best post I've read on the politics forum here.

Every person that reacts to ISIS' actions by turning against innocent Muslims is playing into exactly what ISIS wants. That is the entire goal. Muslim versus infidel. ISIS cannot gain the support of Muslims across the world with their message -- but they can gain it by causing us to lose our minds and punish innocent people for the actions of others.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• 2 Air France flights in the US diverted with bomb threats.

Comment

• The Associated Press @AP
                        BREAKING: Paris police raiding apartment where several suspects holed up; several officers injured

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I was watching sky news when this went down - it was a pretty huge fire fight and explosions.

Comment

• My question is what does Burger King have against Paris they sent the King to mastermind the attack?

BK guy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              My question is what does Burger King have against Paris they sent the King to mastermind the attack?

Vincent (John Travolta) explains to Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) the differences between Europe and the US from drugs to fast food. In this scene: Vincent Vega ...
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• The last time I saw Paris,
                                Her heart was warm and gay,
                                And I will always choose,
                                To remember her that WAY!

(paraphrased from the 1940 song)

Comment

Working...
                                X