4th Republican debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Republican debate

Christie and Jindal dominated the undercard. Christie going after Clinton and Jindal saying he is the only Republican that will actually accomplish cutting federal government. Christie probably was most impressive to Republicans.
    In the fast lane

Fiorina sounding sharp tonight.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Paul is the only one that talks any sense.

Comment

Rubio may be the only one who can actually be elected President.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          yeah. I think your right.

Comment

Kasich really struggled tonight. I thought Rubio performed well, as did Cruz and Fiorina. Carson did not really hurt or help himself IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Kasich really struggled tonight. I thought Rubio performed well, as did Cruz and Fiorina. Carson did not really hurt or help himself IMO.
              Spot on. Bush was better than in the past, but that bar wasn't very high. At this point I think the legit contenders boil down to Rubio, Carson, Cruz, or Trump and then the rest; Fiorina could sneak into that group, but I doubt it. It's very likely that Rubio will come on strong and win the nod. I think he will ultimately win the Presidency if he's the front runner.

There were a few good lines last night:

Rubio: "Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers." [I loved this line and thought process]

Carson: "Well, first of all, thank you not asking me what I said in the 10th grade. I appreciate that." [hee hee]

Cruz: "There are more words in the IRS code than there are in the Bible. And not a one of them is as good."

Fiorina [in response to Trump who said he met Putin once while waiting for a 60 Minutes airing]: "One of the reason I've said I would not be talking to Vladimir Putin right now, although I have met him as well, not in a green room for a show, but in a private meeting." [hee hee]

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Which is the tried and truest way to not get elected president.

I didn't watch last night. Was it better than the previous laughing-stock "debates"?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I didn't watch last night. Was it better than the previous laughing-stock "debates"?
                  It was more informative, but less entertaining. :)

Comment

My two favorites from the 3rd debate were not to be found. That left me with Kasich as my favorite last night. Good luck to him on getting a podium in debate #5! I feel real good about my early prediction of Rubio.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

No. It was just a bunch of people getting up there telling us how they were going to implement their own special entitlements or increase defense spending or establish a now fly zone over syria or build the great wall over Texas. Paul called them on it - you can't be fiscal conservative if your going to spend. If you establish a no-fly zone over Syria - it means shooting down Russian planes.....not going to happen.

We need somebody who can lead this country in a rational fashion, who can unite the people, not buy voters with their special entitlements or initiatives. The reality is their agenda is dead in the water because the democrats can block it from the senate and will likely get control of either the house or senate anyway.

Comment

Both of these, many times over.

Give me this ticket and I will be ecstatic.

Paul is the only candidate, on either ticket, I trust from a foreign policy perspective.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                        X