Small Business Tax Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Business Tax Exemption

I just can't address this subject without mentioning that most lawyers are LLC's. Brad Pistotnik doesn't have to pay State income taxes.

Not taxing small business owners to create jobs has had the opposite effect in at least some small businesses. Some tax advisors are advising small business owners to pull every penny out of the business they can while there is no State tax.

That has led some small business owners to sort of "cash out" and leave the business strapped for cash. In those situations, it can be more likely for a small business to eliminate jobs rather than create jobs.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I just can't address this subject without mentioning that most lawyers are LLC's. Brad Pistotnik doesn't have to pay State income taxes.

Not taxing small business owners to create jobs has had the opposite effect in at least some small businesses. Some tax advisors are advising small business owners to pull every penny out of the business they can while there is no State tax.

That has led some small business owners to sort of "cash out" and leave the business strapped for cash. In those situations, it can be more likely for a small business to eliminate jobs rather than create jobs.
    The farmer is this Daily Show video from last October seems to support your premise, at least partially.

The source for The Daily Show fans, with episodes hosted by Jon Stewart, Ronny Chieng, Jordan Klepper, Dulcé Sloan and more, plus interviews, highlights and The Weekly Show podcast.

edit: the link may not work on older Android phones.

Try the embedded video here:

Whether you’ve been turned off by religion in the past or have a question about one of the world’s religions, check out what Patheos has to offer.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Brownbacks legislature is now approaching solving our deficit problems by spending an additional amount of 1 million dollars on a Special Session because they can't reach a consensus on how to close a self made budget wound. Amazing

Comment

Maybe the legislaters should have to pay back a day's salary and expenses for each day spent in extra session; instead of being paid.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Maybe the legislaters should have to pay back a day's salary and expenses for each day spent in extra session; instead of being paid.
          Look at these so called conservative lawmakers. Any Shockernetters who are from Andover want to admit that they voted for Masterson? What a joke. Masterson paid for his trip to Texas by being absent from a Special Session.

A portion of a report from KWCH:
          "While most lawmakers in Topeka are working to finish the budget, two are still gone.

Senator Tom Arpke is on a cruise in Alaska and Senator Ty Masterson is in Texas.

Yesterday Masterson told us he was there for a 'personal family matter.'

But hours after our report aired in our 10 o'clock newscast, Masterson offered more information when asked if his trip was a vacation of any kind.

He said, "To answer your question with that qualifier, because I took my kids to Galveston yesterday, my 8 yr old has never seen the ocean."

Masterson plans to be back in Kansas, and in session Friday.

But until then, despite both men not being in Topeka with their colleagues, they're still getting paid.

Each are receiving $217.66 a day for per diem and compensation for expenses.

Masterson gets an extra $434.23 every other week because he's the Chair of the Ways and Means Committee."

Comment

I don't care for the Dems either, but it's hard to rag on them in Kansas right now.

I have proof of a job that may have been created by the income tax breaks for "small" businesses. A now-expempt business owner is upgrading his backyard lighting, the surround sound system at his pool, and the security system at his residence, and doing some other improvements. The contract for the security system and the wiring for everything else (only the non-electrical parts) is $250,000.

The self-employed person who got the contract has added a $12 an hour employee for the job.

The person doing these upgrades to his property has easily saved more than the $250,000 on his state income taxes since the 2012 rollback. So, the deterioration of our roads, the cuts to education - don't give me that crap about KPERS - that's just an accounting change to take KPERS out of school budgets instead of taking it out of the general fund, and then calling that an addition to funding for education.

The taxpayers of Kansas (those of us still paying them) are going to - one way or another - come up with that $250,000. But that $250,000 out of the state coffers did create a $12 an hour job - that's probably temporary.
            Last edited by Aargh; June 7, 2015, 11:06 PM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I don't care for the Dems either, but it's hard to rag on them in Kansas right now.

I have proof of a job that may have been created by the income tax breaks for "small" businesses. A now-expempt business owner is upgrading his backyard lighting, the surround sound system at his pool, and the security system at his residence, and doing some other improvements. The contract for the security system and the wiring for everything else (only the non-electrical parts) is $250,000.

The self-employed person who got the contract has added a $12 an hour employee for the job.

The person doing these upgrades to his property has easily saved more than the $250,000 on his state income taxes since the 2012 rollback. So, the deterioration of our roads, the cuts to education - don't give me that crap about KPERS - that's just an accounting change to take KPERS out of school budgets instead of taking it out of the general fund, and then calling that an addition to funding for education.

The taxpayers of Kansas (those of us still paying them) are going to - one way or another - come up with that $250,000. But that $250,000 out of the state coffers did create a $12 an hour job - that's probably temporary.
              I agree with you. I'm actually a conservative myself but I'm not so ideologically inclined that I'm blinded to what works in Kansas. We aren't Texas so we shouldn't try to imitate their tax system. I don't mind paying sales taxes that are fair. Additionally, I have no problem with businesses who provide good jobs to receive tax cuts on jobs they create. We heard the straight out lie that the "Sun is still shining on Kansas just before our budget started to crash. Hopefully, the legislature doesn't come back and ask for more cuts from education, social services for the handicapped, elderly, and poor.

Comment

Working...
              X