• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Senate Projections

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Comment

After the last 4 election cycles, I have NO confidence that the GOP has come even close to turning the corner on what they're doing to win elections.

Imho, Roberts and Brownback are running terrible campaigns. I don't believe Colorado and Iowa are going to break for the Republican nor do I believe we'll win New Hampshire. Georgia is in serious doubt, which again should be an easy GOP win. I'd still bet, not a lot of money but I'd bet it, that the Senate stays with the idiot Reid.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

trending down for the republicans

Capture.JPG

Comment

Wudrwu said:

"Imho, Roberts and Brownback are running terrible campaigns. I don't believe Colorado and Iowa are going to break for the Republican nor do I believe we'll win New Hampshire. Georgia is in serious doubt, which again should be an easy GOP win. I'd still bet, not a lot of money but I'd bet it, that the Senate stays with the idiot Reid."

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I think Brownback borrowed dads car keys, got drunk and crashed the car.

As for Roberts, he shunned Bob Dole, left Kansas and grew out of touch with the voters. I thought this was a pretty objective article:

[url]Http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-kansas-tea-party-disaster-20141023?page=4e

Kansas are a pretty smart lot. They have figured out Brownback. When I look at Brownback's polling numbers, you either love him or hate him. The people who love him remind me of the bolivarians who blindly loved Hugo Chavez. I hope that Kansas can elect more moderate republicans, as the tea party has only damaged the republican brand. Unfortunately, the party did not try to stand up to Brownback a little harder, as I think they should have fielded a moderate candidate. It will be interesting to see if Brownback and Roberts can save their political careers, but I think Roberts ought to consider retiring if he wins again.
            Last edited by shocka khan; October 26, 2014, 11:09 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Wudrwu said:

"Imho, Roberts and Brownback are running terrible campaigns. I don't believe Colorado and Iowa are going to break for the Republican nor do I believe we'll win New Hampshire. Georgia is in serious doubt, which again should be an easy GOP win. I'd still bet, not a lot of money but I'd bet it, that the Senate stays with the idiot Reid."

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I think Brownback borrowed dads car keys, got drunk and crashed the car.

As for Roberts, he shunned Bob Dole, left Kansas and grew out of touch with the voters. I thought this was a pretty objective article:

[url]Http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-kansas-tea-party-disaster-20141023?page=4e

Kansas are a pretty smart lot. They have figured out Brownback. When I look at Brownback's polling numbers, you either love him or hate him. The people who love him remind me of the bolivarians who blindly loved Hugo Chavez. I hope that Kansas can elect more moderate republicans, as the tea party has only damaged the republican brand. Unfortunately, the party did not try to stand up to Brownback a little harder, as I think they should have fielded a moderate candidate. It will be interesting to see if Brownback and Roberts can save their political careers, but I think Roberts ought to consider retiring if he wins again.
              This in spades!

Comment

It's inevitable that Davis and Orman are going to win. It doesn't really matter who is in office, republican or democrat, I won't vote for anyone who is currently in office. I don't want to be govern'd by the Koch Brothers for another 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                  It's inevitable that Davis and Orman are going to win. It doesn't really matter who is in office, republican or democrat, I won't vote for anyone who is currently in office. I don't want to be govern'd by the Koch Brothers for another 4 years.
                  Too much weed.

Who do you blame for all the union jobs that have fled the state? What company has stayed and continues to expand the largest base of 6 figure employees in the city?

Are you annoyed you don't work for Koch, or just jealous of those that have put in the work that can get hired there?

Comment

I think low turnout across the board helps the Republicans get to 52 Senate seats...51 if Landrieu pulls another Houdini act in the eventual runoff

Also, SB what site are you taking the simulations from?

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      I think low turnout across the board helps the Republicans get to 52 Senate seats...51 if Landrieu pulls another Houdini act in the eventual runoff

Also, SB what site are you taking the simulations from?
                      Nate Silver 538 site

FiveThirtyEight’s election forecasting model combines hundreds of opinion polls with historical and demographic information to calculate odds for each Senate ra…

Capture.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                        And this is why you don't roll your weed with the Wichita Eagle opinion line page.

Comment

So, shoxjock and wudrwu, besides calling people who disagree with the Kochs names, how long is the list of Brownback accomplishments that would motivate voters?

Brownback carried the water for them, he cut taxes by a bunch and what did it gain? Unsustainable budget deficits and a debt downgrade. An underfunded education system.

That's why I compared Brownbackers to Venezuelan Bolivarians. Brownback's economic policies have been an unmitigated failure for most Kansans.

And anyone with an ounce of sense could have seen this coming. As far back as the 1980's, when Poppy Bush called Laffer's theories 'Voodoo economics'.

Brownback brought Laffer in and gave him over 80 grand. That's what the Kochs are pushing. Failed economic theories. Brownback and his policies were bought and paid for by the Koch's.

Comment

I would never put "failed economic theories" and the Kochs in the same sentence.

If the Governor's economic plans are so horrible, why have they worked so well in surrounding states who have had lower taxes and growing economies for years?
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

[QUOTE=wu_shizzle;508293]I would never put "failed economic theories" and the Kochs in the same sentence.

If the Governor's economic plans are so horrible, why have they worked so well in surrounding states who have had lower taxes and growing economies for years? Which states are we talking about here? Wisconsin? Looks like that trickle down stuff didn't work so well for Scott Walker either. If they were so good, he'd be cruising to re-election right now.

All I'm asking for at this point is for someone to tell me what Brownback has done for the average resident of Kansas. As well as how his economic theories cannot be judged as anything but a failure at this point. Those tax cuts sure did not induce Boeing to stay, they triggered a debt downgrade and they are creating unsustainable budget deficits. tell me how that can be good?

Comment

Working...
                              X