KS Dem Gov Candidate - Paul "Lap Dance" Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KS Dem Gov Candidate - Paul "Lap Dance" Davis

Paul Davis was getting a lap dance at strip club that got raided for drugs (club was selling meth).

Davis was not charged with any crime, but a police chief involved in the raid wrote afterward that he had been drinking and was found “in a somewhat compromising position … in a back room of the club.”
    “in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
    Meaning he got caught. Evidently what happens a Club Secret doesn't remain "Secret"

I have no problem with that.

Want Texas politics? Visit some of the Gentleman's Clubs in Dallas. A very Republican boss of mine took me and 3 or 4 other employees in Dallas for training to a very fine Gentleman's Club. He used his personal credit card for all of us. Texas politics is very relaxed when it comes to Gentleman's Clubs.

I know the Libertarian Party (and probably the Tea Party) want less government by getting rid of EPA and OSHA. Do backers of those parties also want less government by getting government out of the regulation of strip clubs? I agree with less government and low taxes. I'd just like some clarification on the details of where and how government is shrunk.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I know the Libertarian Party (and probably the Tea Party) want less government by getting rid of EPA and OSHA. Do backers of those parties also want less government by getting government out of the regulation of strip clubs?
      Yes.

I agree with less government and low taxes. I'd just like some clarification on the details of where and how government is shrunk.
      Libertarian Party?

This is the platform as it used to be .... it may look a lot different than this now, I am out of the loop:

Forget the War on Drugs -- it's a loser. It has had the negative effects of being very expensive, creating a terrible black market, and has punished enough of the working class by making criminals out of what would otherwise be good contributors to society. Revamp by decriminalizing.

Forget the War on Poverty -- it's a loser. Have spent over $22 trillion dollars since 1960's and haven't reduced poverty one bit. Spent WAY too much and gained NOTHING by it, except expanded the pool of people on the dole. Substantially reduce welfare by privatizing what you can, cutting out the silliness, and focusing on the truly destitute. (Very) long term goal of eventually fading most social welfare systems out and privatizing and/or creating an incentive for charities to step up and cover the needy.

Decreased spending on military by reducing global footprint, focusing dollars on key innovations, reducing military engagements unless there is a very real threat to American territories or key allies. Beef up military stateside including the borders.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

IA very Republican boss of mine took me and 3 or 4 other employees in Dallas for training to a very fine Gentleman's Club. He used his personal credit card for all of us.
        Pictures or it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Yes.

Libertarian Party?

This is the platform as it used to be .... it may look a lot different than this now, I am out of the loop:

Forget the War on Drugs -- it's a loser. It has had the negative effects of being very expensive, creating a terrible black market, and has punished enough of the working class by making criminals out of what would otherwise be good contributors to society. Revamp by decriminalizing.

Forget the War on Poverty -- it's a loser. Have spent over $22 trillion dollars since 1960's and haven't reduced poverty one bit. Spent WAY too much and gained NOTHING by it, except expanded the pool of people on the dole. Substantially reduce welfare by privatizing what you can, cutting out the silliness, and focusing on the truly destitute. (Very) long term goal of eventually fading most social welfare systems out and privatizing and/or creating an incentive for charities to step up and cover the needy.

Decreased spending on military by reducing global footprint, focusing dollars on key innovations, reducing military engagements unless there is a very real threat to American territories or key allies. Beef up military stateside including the borders.
          That's something I can agree with wholeheartedly.

The problem I see with the conservative wing of politics right now is that they talk a great game, which gets followers. What they enact doesn't correlate to what they talk.

Brownback and the current legislature may be too far right for Kansas to accept. They keep passing anti-abortion laws that have no hope of being upheld in the courts. That gets them a lot of votes, so it's good for their political careers. It's the taxpayers that pay millions to lawyers to defend laws that cannot be defended, so passing those bills costs them nothing, but gets them votes. It just costs the taxpayers.

The other thing Brownback and his ilk have done is give huge tax breaks to some very wealthy people and giving a small tax break to wage earners. Then they extended a sales tax that was supposed to expire, which pretty much wiped out the tax breaks the bottom end of the income scale got.

So, for all the small government talk, and all the lower taxes talk, all we really got was some lip service (abortion law) to attract voters and some huge tax breaks for the wealthy.

I've got no problem with people making big money. I'd be doing it if I could. I doubt that many people think of Koch Industries as a "small business". For tax purposes, Koch Industries is a small business. Koch Industries has been taken off the tax rolls of Kansas. I have not been taken off the tax rolls.

About all the Koch brothers have to do is not pay themselves a salary and just take a distribution of corporate income of Koch Industries and they are basically tax-exempt in Kansas.

What the right wing has delivered doesn't seem to have anything to do with what they've promised.

Music video by Jonny Lang performing Lie To Me. (C) 1997 UMG Recordings, Inc.#JonnyLang #LieToMe #Vevo
          Last edited by Aargh; September 20, 2014, 10:28 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The problem with economically conservative policies is that they require politicians to cut programs (schools, police, etc) and that is political suicide. I think that most conservatives agree that less government is good, but less government means that some folks lose either services or work. It's a tough sale and the reason taxes always seem to go up.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I really don't like Brownback but I know almost nothing about his opponent. Getting a lap dance when he was 26 seems to almost humanize Davis. In an odd sort of way, this might actually help him in the polls.

Comment

I feel bad for Kansas, but I've always thought that Arthur Laffer and his 'theories' were bunk. Bush the Elder called them 'voodoo economics'.

Brownback and his friends have shown the world that Laffer's trickle-down theories amount to peeing on our heads and telling us it's raining.

Comment

When the governor of Kansas and party leaders start emphasizing morals over competence, you know there's a problem. I don't think it takes a genius to see Brownback is incompetent. Why does he deserve four more years to 'finish the job' of driving the Kansas economy off the cliff.

I hope this drives Kansas republicans more to the middle. It's obvious that the extremists who have been running the party went in the wrong direction.

Comment

Paul Davis getting a lap dance certainly helped him with a rise in the pole.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      I think the cop asked him if that was a derringer in his pants or are you just glad to see me.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                        Hilarious!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                        X