Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq

Well this has moved along exactly like I thought it would. I have no idea why anyone in our government thought that the US could go ANYWHERE and try to change thousands of years of hate towards one another and create a harmonious democratic state. We went there initially to get rid of the suspected WMD and then it was to depose a sadistic tyrant that was willing to commit genocide on his own people. Well get ready because the bloodbath is only getting started. The last helicopter hasn't even left Saigon yet and they are already pounding at the gates. Iran has a presence in country to aid Iraq against the insurgents. Two mortal enemies that used to wage war on each other and tie up resources will now in all probability become Islamic nations ruled by Iran after installing a puppet government in Iraq. The combined oil reserves and the money they get from the sale of oil of these two countries will allow them to fund other insurgencies around the world. Afghanistan will be the next to fall and Pakistan will be facing increased pressure to toe the Islamic line and will in all probability become a staging area for Islamic upheaval in SE Asia and the Pacific rim. Africa is already pretty unstable and will only become more so with the increased opportunity for support from Iran/Iraq. Our governments worst case scenario which I am not privy to is probably unfolding now and I don't see how the US can/could/should do anything to stop it. I'm glad we have smarter people than me to figure out how to handle things like this. "Good night and good luck"

A couple trillion dollars and about 4,500 lost lives later...and this was the predictable outcome.
    Last edited by Aargh; June 14, 2014, 02:27 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm not as Libertarian as Ron Paul, but he looks smarter every day.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

How smart do you have to be to have seen this coming?

Comment

Working...
        X