Open Obama Lawlessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Obama Lawlessness

One thing that sets this nation apart from the third world countries is the people respect the rule of law, but under the dear leader, pretty much is turning in Hugo Chavez-North and his Junta just do whatever they want without any recourse. A couple Law Professors testified today:

Professor Jonathan Turley, George Washington University Law Center

People of good faith can clearly disagree on where the line is drawn over the failure to fully enforce federal laws. There is ample room given to a president in setting priorities in the enforcement of laws. A president is not required to enforce all laws equally or dedicate the same resources to every federal program. Even with this ample allowance, however, I believe that President Barack Obama has crossed the constitutional line between discretionary enforcement and defiance of federal law.
    Professor Nicholas Rosenkranz, Georgetown Law Center

The President has a personal obligation to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” The word “faithfully” is, perhaps, a broad grant of discretion, but it is also a real and important constraint. The President cannot suspend laws altogether. He cannot favor unenacted bills over duly enacted laws. And he cannot discriminate on the basis of politics in his execution of the laws. The President has crossed all three of these lines.
    full text of his testimony http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/...mony_FINAL.pdf

My guess is you don't really have a clue what it is you just posted here.

Just a hunch.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Just a hunch.
      Rather than do a drive by, why don't you instead enlighten us all with your superior wisdom and knowledge by telling us what he posted.

A drive by demonstrates cowardice, you used to be so much more up front and courageous with your posts. Oh wait, that was back when Bush was president. It was easy for you to smugly blame him for everything including rainy days and birds shitting on your car. It seems it is much more difficult for you to defend Obama, so drive by it is!
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Rather than do a drive by, why don't you instead enlighten us all with your superior wisdom and knowledge by telling us what he posted.

A drive by demonstrates cowardice, you used to be so much more up front and courageous with your posts. Oh wait, that was back when Bush was president. It was easy for you to smugly blame him for everything including rainy days and birds shitting on your car. It seems it is much more difficult for you to defend Obama, so drive by it is!
        Were you actually reading these posts back when Bush was president? I noticed that you didn't join Shockernet until the second year of Obama's presidency.

Oh, and I don't even think there was a Politics forum here during Bush's presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          Were you actually reading these posts back when Bush was president? I noticed that you didn't join Shockernet until the second year of Obama's presidency.
          Yep. I'm from Omaha and was very hesitant to join. I was talked into joining by a few Shockernetters, but I can assure you I've read Shockernet for years prior to me ever joining or posting. And yes, there was a politics forum during the Bush years. It was created during the Bush years. Royal added the politics forum to separate politics from the off topic stuff. That was before Shock band or Kai.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Yep. I'm from Omaha and was very hesitant to join. I was talked into joining by a few Shockernetters, but I can assure you I've read Shockernet for years prior to me ever joining or posting. And yes, there was a politics forum during the Bush years. It was created during the Bush years. Royal added the politics forum to separate politics from the off topic stuff. That was before Shock band or Kai.
            Okay, sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Just a hunch.
              Does it really matter if I do or don't? It's not like it is my argument. I'm just throwing it out there. Substitute Bush for Obama, does your prespective change? My guess is you haven't recieved your talking points to counter the testimony of these scholars.

Just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
              X