Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ObamaCare - Credit Scores and Enforcement and other Horrors

You got to love it!!!!

ORLANDO, Fla. - Many people signing up for health care in Florida through the Affordable Care Act have been shocked when they have to give proof of their credit score before they finish the process.

Anne Packham, one of many people licensed by the state to help people navigate the government's website, said on Tuesday that the credit check occurs so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

"If someone is defaulting on all of their bills they may not want to have them as part of their health plan," said Packham, the lead Navigator in Florida.
    Participants with low credit scores could end up paying higher premiums, according to Packham, who said that ultimately the insurance company makes the call.
    Got rid of pre-existing conditions, but sorry you have a terrible credit score therefore u are uninsurable.

In Maryland, people are finding their information they provide might be used for other purposes:

Should you decide to apply for health coverage through Maryland Health Connection, the information you supply in your application will be used to determine whether you are eligible for health and dental coverage offered through Maryland Health Connection and for insurance affordability programs. It also may be used to assist you in making a payment for the insurance plan you select, and for related automated reminders or other activities permitted by law. We will preserve the privacy of personal records and protect confidential or privileged information in full accordance with federal and State law. We will not sell your information to others. Any information that you provide to us in your application will be used only to carry out the functions of Maryland Health Connection. The only exception to this policy is that we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.

What a master genius Obama is - get all the illegals to sign up for their free healthcare and give their addresses to where they live and just have the Border Patrol swing by with a big bus.

Oh brother. You forgot the microchip article. The ACA doesnt require credit scores. An insurance company may. If the company does dont buy from them. I expect that this problem will be addressed in the near future. There will be startup problems and these problems will be addressed. Insurance companies will continue to try to pull these schemes, I dont think the US Govt will take to kindly to them.
    Last edited by kcshocker11; October 9, 2013, 08:13 AM.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      I dont think the US Govt will take to kindly to them.
      I wonder what you'll have to say when the government doesn't take kindly to something that's important to you? You're an idiot. That must be why you enjoy the government making so many decisions on your behalf. Incapable of managing your own life, why not rely on big brother and make everyone else pay for it?

Now you're starting to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I wonder what you'll have to say when the government doesn't take kindly to something that's important to you? You're an idiot. That must be why you enjoy the government making so many decisions on your behalf. Incapable of managing your own life, why not rely on big brother and make everyone else pay for it?

Now you're starting to make sense.
        Aw Doc your just trying to flatter me.
        Last edited by kcshocker11; October 9, 2013, 09:08 PM.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
        X