Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Demorat Schoolyard Taunts of Republicans

5. "Legislative Arsonists"

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called House GOP “legislative arsonists” on State of the Union Sunday morning. “But for many of them, I call them legislative arsonists. They’re there to burn down what we should be building up in terms of investments and education and scientific research and all that it is that make our country great and competitive.”

4. "Blatant Extortionists"

White House press secretary Jay Carney called the House GOP budget a “blatant extortion,”

3. "People with a Bomb Strapped to their Chest"

Senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer candidly revealed in an interview that, ”What we’re not for is negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest”.

2. Insane People Who “Have Lost their Minds”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wined on the Senate floor how House Republicans “have lost their minds” because they “keep trying to do the same thing over and over again.”

1. "Unhinged" Arsonist

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Florida Democrat, told Candy Crowley of CNN in a recent interview that the House GOP is “unhinged” and attempted to use an analogy to equate their actions with burning down a house. “You have Republicans on the other side who are irrational and not playing with a full deck. Would you — if you didn’t like the redesign of your kitchen, would you burn the whole house down or would you try to make modifications to the kitchen? These people have come unhinged.”

Funny, it was liberals who were actually practicing arson and burning down car businesses a few year ago.

Interestingly, the democrats just voted down a spending bill for Veteran Benefits and funding of DC government. Vote was 264 to 164 (286 votes needed for 2/3 vote).

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    5. "Legislative Arsonists"

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called House GOP “legislative arsonists” on State of the Union Sunday morning. “But for many of them, I call them legislative arsonists. They’re there to burn down what we should be building up in terms of investments and education and scientific research and all that it is that make our country great and competitive.”

4. "Blatant Extortionists"

White House press secretary Jay Carney called the House GOP budget a “blatant extortion,”

3. "People with a Bomb Strapped to their Chest"

Senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer candidly revealed in an interview that, ”What we’re not for is negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest”.

2. Insane People Who “Have Lost their Minds”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wined on the Senate floor how House Republicans “have lost their minds” because they “keep trying to do the same thing over and over again.”

1. "Unhinged" Arsonist

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Florida Democrat, told Candy Crowley of CNN in a recent interview that the House GOP is “unhinged” and attempted to use an analogy to equate their actions with burning down a house. “You have Republicans on the other side who are irrational and not playing with a full deck. Would you — if you didn’t like the redesign of your kitchen, would you burn the whole house down or would you try to make modifications to the kitchen? These people have come unhinged.”

Funny, it was liberals who were actually practicing arson and burning down car businesses a few year ago.

Interestingly, the democrats just voted down a spending bill for Veteran Benefits and funding of DC government. Vote was 264 to 164 (286 votes needed for 2/3 vote).
    They definitely don't want to start a precedent where they fund parts of government they like or that make them good, and not fund the parts they don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      They definitely don't want to start a precedent where they fund parts of government they like or that make them good, and not fund the parts they don't like.
      Considering the major spending problem in Washington and the abusive overreach it's been involved in for so damn long, that wouldn't be a bad way of going about it. A lot of the wasteful spending and overreach has come from things being inserted into places they have no business being and then the funding for BS is there. I'd probably prefer they break down just about everything and vote individually on things. But that's not how Washington works and why we're so far in debt and this president wants to take us farther into debt. Even though he claims raising the debt ceiling doesn't increase debt......
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

These tactics are having to be used because we're finally seeing the results of a century of Constitutional abuse by so-called "representatives". We could follow Jefferson's advice and go straight to revolution. Would that be better than playing by the rules in order to bring about change?

I find Obama's negative use of the word "fundamental" when referring to what conservatives are doing to be highly ironic. Didn't Obama himself say he was going to institute "fundamental change"? I guess only one side of the ideological spectrum is allowed to do that.

Comment

But Boehner has been so "crippled" since Tea Party–aligned newbies
            The House was designed to be full of "newbies" every two years.

"What we're seeing is the collapse of institutional Republican power," Costa told The Washington Post.
            Exactly!

The GOP needs a radical transformation to emasculate the establishment. I don't think Ted Cruz is doing this for personal political points. The reason he and many other conservatives were elected was a rejection of the establishment.

Comment

They were elected to bring conservative beliefs back into Washington. Most politicians in DC abandoned conservative principles a long time ago. Some may talk about conservativism, but they never, or rarely, vote that way. The Republican Party is probably more liberal than the Democrats were 30 years ago. The platform may talk about conservativism, but the "elite" don't vote that way. Ted Cruz and some of the others were voted in to bring that voice back to DC and are doing what they promised. Something that many on both sides fail to ever do. The House answers to the people, and if the people don't like what they're doing they'll be gone in the next election. I don't think Cruz or Lee or most of the others are going to go anywhere but back to Washington after the next election.

And don't be surprised if a few new Republican senators show up to replace a few of the existing ones. There are going to be some interesting primaries around the country.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Isn't that the part of COMPROMISE? On the areas that u can agree on u move forward, the areas u don't u have to negotiate.

Comment

Isn't that the part of COMPROMISE? On the areas that u can agree on u move forward, the areas u don't u have to negotiate.
                  This administration and his subordinates are not to negotiate with Republicans. They will however negotiate with Iran and Al-Qaeda, but not Republicans. That can't be done.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    They were elected to bring conservative beliefs back into Washington. Most politicians in DC abandoned conservative principles a long time ago. Some may talk about conservativism, but they never, or rarely, vote that way. The Republican Party is probably more liberal than the Democrats were 30 years ago. The platform may talk about conservativism, but the "elite" don't vote that way. Ted Cruz and some of the others were voted in to bring that voice back to DC and are doing what they promised. Something that many on both sides fail to ever do. The House answers to the people, and if the people don't like what they're doing they'll be gone in the next election. I don't think Cruz or Lee or most of the others are going to go anywhere but back to Washington after the next election.

And don't be surprised if a few new Republican senators show up to replace a few of the existing ones. There are going to be some interesting primaries around the country.
                    Thats fine but I'm glad its not happening to the Dems. A fractured GOP is a weak GOP. You can try to spin it any way you want. The Dema are united and more and more Moderate Repubs are seeing more in common with them than the far right. (Despite what many think I dont believe a weak GOP is healthy for this country)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The GOP was weak before the conservatives got voted in. The undocumented Democrats like McCain are more likely to side with the left and that's no surprise. In the long run, the GOP will be stronger when they stop following the Dems around and trying to be like them. Long term, guys like Cruz, Lee and Paul are going to be very good for this country.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        The GOP was weak before the conservatives got voted in. The undocumented Democrats like McCain are more likely to side with the left and that's no surprise. In the long run, the GOP will be stronger when they stop following the Dems around and trying to be like them. Long term, guys like Cruz, Lee and Paul are going to be very good for this country.
                        Rem as minorities begin to take districts in states like Texas the future is to the party that garnerss the woman and other minorities votes. Those that have the minorities will eventually take the House and Senate. The far right has been let us say not minority friendly. You may not like that but that is a fact. You cant be anti womans rights, anti immigration, and not sensitive to other minorities problems and expect to win the majority of elections in the future. The Dems will alway receive around 40 to 50% of white males and that even in those over 40. As my generation dies off and the current younger generation mature look for more white males to vote Dem. In my humble opinion the GOP must become more moderate to survive in the future or there will be two separate parties or more representing each faction.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Rem as minorities begin to take districts in states like Texas the future is to the party that garnerss the woman and other minorities votes. Those that have the minorities will eventually take the House and Senate. The far right has been let us say not minority friendly. You may not like that but that is a fact. You cant be anti womans rights, anti immigration, and not sensitive to other minorities problems and expect to win the majority of elections in the future. The Dems will alway receive around 40 to 50% of white males and that even in those over 40. As my generation dies off and the current younger generation mature look for more white males to vote Dem. In my humble opinion the GOP must become more moderate to survive in the future or there will be two separate parties or more representing each faction.
                          why do you care what the GOP does? I find it strange that democrats are so full of advice of how the conservative party has to become like the liberals to survive.

Maybe the problem for the GOP is all the RHINOS that have infiltrated the party. I say screw the president, call his bluff. It is time for the Conservative to be conservative and stand by their principles.

Comment

why do you care what the GOP does? I find it strange that democrats are so full of advice of how the conservative party has to become like the liberals to survive.

Maybe the problem for the GOP is all the RHINOS that have infiltrated the party. I say screw the president, call his bluff. It is time for the Conservative to be conservative and stand by their principles.
                            I have my right to my opinion, Sub has his and you have yours. I can comment on the GOP as you have in the past commented on the positions the Dems have taken. I'm just guessing but your so called Rhinos my say the problem are people like you. I am glad that I have finally found the one individual who defines conservative values. If conservative value are screw the President and to hell with others that dont believe like me the future I talked about will be here sooner than expected.

Comment

As someone unaffiliated with either party, I agree. Republicans need to stick to their guns, call every bluff, and always look to move further and further to the right. They need to stand staunchly to their principles regardless of the financial impact those decisions may have, and they should never waiver in any belief that hurts their standing with minorities.

They need to refuse to negotiate or compromise in any way. If Democrats accept their solution, they need to distance themselves from it and move even further to the right. Any dissenting voices should be ostracized and cast out as RHINOs.

They need to do this not because it is good for them, or for the country, but because this country needs to see how brainless and disconnected our politicians have become. Our only hope is our politicians act insane enough that we finally vote them out of office and replace them with third party candidates so that we can finally have choice in our politics instead of two different brands of crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X