Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we not understand the definition of RETALIATION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I should know my history better, but unfortunately I hated it in high school. Can someone refresh my memory on how we were pulled into WWI and the European front of WWII?
    Royal, certainly not the deciding factor, but the sinking of the Lusitania was a major German error as it got the attention of the American citizens involved after a long period on staying neutral.

"Americans were outraged to learn 128 U.S. civilians were killed in a war in which they were officially neutral. Destroying ships not known to be carrying war materials countered generally accepted international war protocols. The sinking of the Lusitania heightened tensions between the U.S. and Germany and helped sway American opinion in favor of joining the war.

Comment

We had "advisors" in Nam in 54, and perhaps earlier.

Comment

Thanks, @60Shock: , that certainly would qualify as an act of war.

Which conflict included the Gulf of Tonkin incident? Wasn't our involvement in either Korea or Vietnam essentially predicated on a false-flag operation?

Comment

One thing I would not do is call out @60Shock:'s knowledge of military history. I'm thinking the History Channel has him on hot dial.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Thanks, @60Shock , that certainly would qualify as an act of war.

Which conflict included the Gulf of Tonkin incident? Wasn't our involvement in either Korea or Vietnam essentially predicated on a false-flag operation?
            Vietnam was the the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Korea was the direct invasion of the S. Korea by N. Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              One thing I would not do is call out @60Shock:'s knowledge of military history. I'm thinking the History Channel has him on hot dial.
              You are a funny man, Kung Wu!

Comment

Working...
              X