Boxer wants to raise minimum wage to $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer wants to raise minimum wage to $10

More proof she has no idea how economics work. Not to mention it would only make finding a job for young people that much more difficult as well as probably force a number of small businesses to close. She's convinced that California is a beacon for the rest of the country...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

She's an idiot. Her parents were probably idiots too. If you ever have kids like that I'll disown you.

Perhaps Barbara enjoys $7 a pound strawberries and $6 Happy Meals?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      More proof she has no idea how economics work. Not to mention it would only make finding a job for young people that much more difficult as well as probably force a number of small businesses to close. She's convinced that California is a beacon for the rest of the country...
      Sub: That beacon she sees is the headlight of the 'California Bankrupt Train' speeding her way.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        She's an idiot. Her parents were probably idiots too. If you ever have kids like that I'll disown you.
        If I ever have kids, and they turn out half as incompetent as Boxer, I'll kill myself.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Why stop at $10? Might as well make it $25 while we're trying to equalize everything.

Comment

She really has no clue. I started my first job at 16 in 1996 working at McDonald's in Ark City when minimum wage went up 40 cents in '97 I just couldn't wait for that raise. Then I noticed the price of all the value meals went up a week or so after the wage increase. Right then I knew that minimum wage increase are bad in the grand scheme of things. But I guess when you make $174000 a year for working 113 days you wouldn't get how it hurts the economy.

Comment

More than likely she knows the negative economic impact and doesn't care.

Even the universities are starting to acknowledge common sense: http://tamutimes.tamu.edu/2013/02/28...s-at-texas-am/
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

I'm not a big fan of minimum wage in general, but it definitely shouldn't be a federal issue as each state is different and money goes much farther in some areas than others. And as the above study says, most minimum wage workers are young (HS and college) people and they don't continue making minimum wage for long.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X