LIberals Who Cling to their Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIberals Who Cling to their Guns

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California is readying legislation to re-introduce a ban on assault weapons. Yet, as Mark Levin pointed out, Feinstein owned a concealed firearm. She said, “If somebody tries to take me out I’m going to take them with me.”

When NRA President Wayne LaPierre called for armed guards to be placed in schools late last week, an irate David Gregory derided the idea during his interrogation of LaPierre on Meet the Press. Yet Gregory’s children attend the same school in Washington, D.C. as President Obama’s daughters. And yes, Sidwell Friends, a Quaker school, employs armed guards.
    The school employs 11 armed guards (plus their own complement of Secret Service agents). The school had armed security before Obama children decided to attend.

Back in 1981, the late Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan argued that anyone who wasn’t a law enforcement officer who committed a crime with a handgun should be sent to prison for ten years without parole. However, in 1988, Rowan would run afoul of the law when he shot and wounded an intruder at his D.C. home with an unregistered .22 caliber pistol. Well, Rowan didn’t acquire a badge in the intervening seven years.

Spot on about David Gregory. However, I don't see the relevance of Feinstein wanting a ban on assault weapons and owning a handgun. Those aren't contradictory positions. I listen to Mark Levin at times on the way home from work and while he can be on-target on a lot of things, there are times he'll say things so obviously illogical I'm flabbergasted. He needs to get out of the bowels of his hidden bunker a little more often.

I also don't see the relevance about Rowan. He didn't commit a crime, but was protecting his life and property. So he didn't do anything contradictory to his stance.

I'm as fearful of the attack on our 2nd Amendment rights as anyone, but I'm seeing a whole lot of things like the Fienstein and Rowan positions being brought up that pro-2nd Amendment folks are trying to use as ammo against liberals. But trying to point out hypocrisy where logic shows there isn't any doesn't help the cause. It makes the arguments less persuasive.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      However, I don't see the relevance of Feinstein wanting a ban on assault weapons and owning a handgun. Those aren't contradictory positions.
      Obviously you have never shot a Glock 26 with a 30 round magazine dangling from it. :)

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I also don't see the relevance about Rowan. He didn't commit a crime, but was protecting his life and property. So he didn't do anything contradictory to his stance.
      Actually he did commit a crime. The gun wasn't registered -- and in Washington D.C. that is absolutely verboten!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ah, I stand corrected on the Rowan thing. Did he volunteer to serve a 10-year sentence? ;)

Comment

I'm glad to see that at least someone in the government somewhere thought it was wrong. I'm sure a liberal judge will order them to release the information at some point, but at least they are standing up to the newspaper and to what they think is wrong.

Comment

I think it's funny that this newspaper has hired armed guards because of the negative feedback they received for publishing names. Even though the police said there was nothing in any of the emails that were sent to them that were hostile or threatening in any way.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It is ridiculous. Are they just doing it now because they think they can? When is enough enough?

Comment

test: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Bucks_seasons

Comment

Working...
                X