X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Actions have consequences.....

Capture.JPG

FIRED!

The Massachusetts woman at the center of the Facebook photo scandal at Arlington Cemetery has been fired from her job at a Cape Cod business, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

She now qualifies for membership in the Westboro Baptist Church.

Comment

I am struggling to balance her attempt at an apology (she "deeply regrets.....and never meant any disrespect...") and why she did it, which I cannot find.

Does anyone have more information?

Comment

Okay, more information here.

Heed SB's advice. They thought it was funny, because they felt the need to "challenge authority" and be narcissistic about it.

There is a time and place and WAY to challenge authority, and when authority is wrong, you should. But in today's world of social media and 24/7 connectivity, too many people are looking for their "15 minutes".

If you want your 15 minutes, it's a free country (or at least it's still a free country, for now) but there are indeed consequences for being, and again I will quote Ms Stone, douchebags.

You don't have to have your 15 minutes to be recognized in this world. Being a good person and doing what's right and taking care of the people around you is what's important.

I have a feeling these 2 idiots realize that now, but at a supremely high price.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; November 26, 2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

This story is a disheartening reminder that there is a now powerful, multigenerational movement in this country that spurned, nurtures and champions this type of thought and behavior. Those powerful interests will deceive the people by scorning this behavior publicly. But they applaud it behind closed doors, and continue to support and uphold those ideals which encourage it -- both willfully and ignorantly.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            This story is a disheartening reminder that there is a now powerful, multigenerational movement in this country that spurned, nurtures and champions this type of thought and behavior. Those powerful interests will deceive the people by scorning this behavior publicly. But they applaud it behind closed doors, and continue to support and uphold those ideals which encourage it -- both willfully and ignorantly.
            Who are you talking about?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Who are you talking about?
              Senator Palpatine. Duh.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ebook/1718971/

Okay, more information here.

Young people (and stupid old people), heed SB's advice. They thought it was funny, because they felt the need to "challenge authority" and be narcissistic about it.

There is a time and place and WAY to challenge authority, and when authority is wrong, you should. But in today's world of social media and 24/7 connectivity, too many people are looking for their "15 minutes".

If you want your 15 minutes, it's a free country (or at least it's still a free country, for now) but there are indeed consequences for being, and again I will quote Ms Stone, douchebags.

You don't have to have your 15 minutes to be recognized in this world. Being a good person and doing what's right and taking care of the people around you is what's important.

I have a feeling these 2 idiots realize that now, but at a supremely high price.

See PM.

Comment

Saw it, ditto.

I will probably delete that post as it appears to be so poorly worded that it's misunderstood. I meant no offense to "old people" (being one myself) whom I personally respect more than life itself.

My intent was to offend narcissists, both young and old, but more prevalent amongst the young. To any I offended, I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                  X