• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Our society is so over regulated it's infuriating.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Without government, who would threaten to punish you for repairing your own fence after a storm?​
        HOA's

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

HOA's
          While HOAs can be infuriating, I think most would typically support fence repairs.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

While HOAs can be infuriating, I think most would typically support fence repairs.
            Most HOA's (which can be maddening because of their rules) that I'm aware of, (in this part of America) have rules regarding metal fencing that keep water views opened up, etc. Not on storm, falling trees, and high wind induced fence repairs. Maybe others have heard differently.

Comment

If you aren't changing the look of your fence, deck, house, whatever, you don't have to ask your HOA if you can repair it. SB Shock was just making a joke.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Joke or not, I'll never buy a home in an HOA
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Sure they want their fences in good state of repair in their neighborhood. But the would need to approve the design and coloring (if being painted or stained) before you ever kick of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    If you aren't changing the look of your fence, deck, house, whatever, you don't have to ask your HOA if you can repair it. SB Shock was just making a joke.
                    Actually, in some neighborhood HOA in town require any repairs/repainting/staining to be approved by DRC (design review committee) before they can be started.

I know somebody who got a letter from the HOA saying he needed to repaint an area on one side of the house because of fade/wear. So, he did repaint it with the same color as the house. But then got a letter saying the house has to be 1 color (other parts of house were the same, but lighter due to fading). So he had to go back and paint the whole house. What the letter should have demanded was "repaint your house".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, in some neighborhood HOA in town require any repairs/repainting/staining to be approved by DRC (design review committee) before they can be started.

I know somebody who got a letter from the HOA saying he needed to repaint an area on one side of the house because of fade/wear. So, he did repaint it with the same color as the house. But then got a letter saying the house has to be 1 color (other parts of house were the same, but lighter due to fading). So he had to go back and paint the whole house. What the letter should have demanded was "repaint your house".
                      Sounds like that HOA has THE DEEP STATE (controlling)complex.

Comment

Working...
                      X