Trump vs Harris Debate #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The former president's remarks are being used by Democrats hoping to convict him for incitement of insurrection — and are being defended by his lawyers in the Senate proceedings.

Here's the entire transcript. Read it. Although it might be better to listen to it delivered live. It's very inciting IMO.

And before you throw some Dim speech up, save it. We are talking about Trump.

The even bigger problem was his extended silence during the riot.
    Even bigger issue is that days before, he tried to give military assistance in protecting against a riot, but Pelosi and the DC mayor refused the assistance.
    Then Trump said to peacefully and patriotically March to the captain protest.
    Those are true signs of incitement.

Comment

It's impossible to have a rational discussion about Trump's shortcomings on this board. He's done and it won't be particularly close.

I don't understand why the Republicans can't seem to formulate an articulate response to giving billionaires tax breaks. It's the same talking points every election cycle and the Republicans can't figure out how to appeal to the middle class.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Why do billionaires need to be penalized for being billionaires? If all the small peons out there earned a billion dollars, they sure was hell would fight tooth and nail to prevent 2/3s of their earnings from being eaten up by the federal government.

The top of the tax bracket is what’s paying for everything in this country already.

The richest people in the country are Democrats.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm not opposing the policy. The policy discussions on this board have changed my opinions on the subject. It should be easy to deliver a rational response on. That said, I didn't think Trump delivered a rational response on just about any topic. He was as bad as Biden just in a different way. It's too late to pull him now. It's a real shame as there were some strong candidates in the Republican party.
          ​​
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            It's impossible to have a rational discussion about Trump's shortcomings on this board. He's done and it won't be particularly close.

I don't understand why the Republicans can't seem to formulate an articulate response to giving billionaires tax breaks. It's the same talking points every election cycle and the Republicans can't figure out how to appeal to the middle class.
            explain the "tax breaks to billionaires"

Comment

Kamala's opening statement in the debate.
              Attached Files

Comment

Kamala says???

Comment

Kamala Harris told the ACLU she supports this policy: "I support policies ensuring that federal prisoners and detainees are able to obtain medically necessary care for gender transition, including surgical care, while incarcerated or detained." https://assets.aclu.org/live/uploads/2024/08/Harris-ACLU-Candidate-Questionnaire.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I mean, the proper answer in a sane world should be, "your healthcare shouldn't be a matter for the federal government. And trust me, you don't want the federal government dictating your healthcare in any manner. The federal government and it's mandates placed on the healthcare industry is the reason your healthcare costs continue to skyrocket."
                    If the Republicans had a decent candidate, that is the way they would have answered.

Trump had many opportunities but could not seem to stay focused more than 30 seconds at a time. He got some good punches about how she has been in charge for 3 1/2 years, but he could not stay focused long enough to go for the knockout punch.
                    Trump "Defender of the Cats"

trump cats.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Why do billionaires need to be penalized for being billionaires? If all the small peons out there earned a billion dollars, they sure was hell would fight tooth and nail to prevent 2/3s of their earnings from being eaten up by the federal government.

The top of the tax bracket is what’s paying for everything in this country already.

The richest people in the country are Democrats.
                      They have to raise the taxes on billionaires, because their real target is the middle class. They know the billionaires have the lawyers and accountants to find a way to keep their money regardless of how much they raise it on paper.

Comment

He's done and it won't be particularly close.
                        You may be right, but there's nothing to indicate that as of today.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You may be right, but there's nothing to indicate that as of today.
                          I may very well be wrong. it's just my gut feeling after watching the first hour of the debate.

Comment

I may very well be wrong. it's just my gut feeling after watching the first hour of the debate.
                            I see. Trump looked tired to me. It's the first time I have ever seen him look tired. Maybe sick, maybe just working too hard, maybe the years are catching up. But this wasn't his best, for sure. Still, I don't think this one debate is going to cause a landslide for Kamala.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The amicable vibes faded fast as former President Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris sparred over topics including abortion and immigration.

This looked pretty legit to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X