No announcement yet.

Trump Has Been Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would seem to me (at least after the fact) that rooftop would have been a great area observation point for the Secret Service.

Comment

Noah Pollak @NoahPollak

Biden and Democrats keep saying that political violence is unacceptable, but they're lying. For the past four years, Antifa, Hamas supporters, and other leftist activists have routinely engaged in political violence. They carry out arson, looting, beatings, all kinds of crimes. They make our streets look like Gaza. And in blue jurisdictions, they have immunity. Democrats do not prosecute them. The Democrat-controlled DOJ and FBI could investigate these groups, their (Democratic Party) donors and activists, and shut them down tomorrow if they wanted to. But they do not want to.​

Comment

Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; July 14, 2024, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I don't like Trump, but I also don't like Biden, never liked Obama, but would never want to see an assassination of any of them. We as a people should be better than that.

I'd like to think something like this would slap some people in the face and cool the rhetoric from both sides, but I know it won't. Too many people are too far down the tribal rabbit hole that is American politics these days to let it go, at least for long.

I really hope I'm wrong about that but I'll be shocked if I am.
          No less than 75% of the population of this country dislike Trump, and that includes some who will be voting for him. What's really sad, is this tragedy is becoming another wasted opportunity for the "Moral/Silent Majority" to establish themselves as something different from the Left. Instead we are seeing Republican after Republican coming out and spouting incendiary rhetoric, raising the temperature of this country one degree closer to something everybody (including everybody in here) will sorely regret.

Why is it so hard for these people to do the right thing?

"The shooting today was perpetrated by a sick individual who does not represent the ideals of America. This is not a political issue, but one of mental health. I pray that we as a country use this opportunity to set aside our ideological differences - at least for a moment - and remember what made this country great."

It is not the shooter who will determine the fate of this country, it may well be the Republican response. And so far, it has not been good.

Comment

This was the front page of the Washington Post YESTERDAY.

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

No less than 75% of the population of this country dislike Trump, and that includes some who will be voting for him. What's really sad, is this tragedy is becoming another wasted opportunity for the "Moral/Silent Majority" to establish themselves as something different from the Left. Instead we are seeing Republican after Republican coming out and spouting incendiary rhetoric, raising the temperature of this country one degree closer to something everybody (including everybody in here) will sorely regret.

"The shooting today was perpetrated by a sick individual who does not represent the ideals of America. This is not a political issue, but one of mental health. I pray that we as a country use this opportunity to set aside our ideological differences - at least for a moment - and remember what made this country great."

It is not the shooter who will determine the fate of this country, it may well be the Republican response. And so far, it has not been good.
              No, you're not. You're confusing violent rhetoric (almost exclusively for 8 years from the left) with determination to winning (from the right). Not that there aren't examples of the opposite on both ends.

The response from President Trump, Republican leadership and the vast plurality of the right so far has been outstanding. Your confusion is understandable though....you haven't been the same since you went jabmaggedon.

Comment

This is a twisted, sick fukking take

Comment

“The Republican District Attorney in Butler County, PA, should immediately file charges against Joseph R. Biden for inciting an assassination,” Rep. Mike Collins, R-Ga., wrote on X.​

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., who is running to be the next Senate Republican leader, wrote that “Democrats and liberals in the media have called Trump a fascist. They’ve compared him to Hitler.”​ “This isn’t some unfortunate incident,” Scott's post continued. “This was an assassination attempt by a madman inspired by the rhetoric of the radical left.”

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise, R-La., a victim of a politically motivated shooting in Washington in 2017, linked the Saturday shooting to “incendiary rhetoric” about Trump.

“For weeks Democrat leaders have been fueling ludicrous hysteria that Donald Trump winning re-election would be the end of democracy in America,” Scalise said in a statement. “Clearly we’ve seen far left lunatics act on violent rhetoric in the past. This incendiary rhetoric must stop.”

“Today is not just some isolated incident,” said Sen. JD Vance, R-Ohio. “The central premise of the Biden campaign is that President Donald Trump is an authoritarian fascist who must be stopped at all costs. That rhetoric led directly to President Trump’s attempted assassination.”​

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., a vice presidential contender for Trump ahead of next week’s GOP convention, wrote on X: “For years, Democrats and their allies in the media have recklessly stoked fears, calling President Trump and other conservatives threats to democracy. Their inflammatory rhetoric puts lives at risk.”​

“I’m really struck by the way Democratic elected officials are denouncing violence and urging calm, while Republicans like JD Vance are already blaming Democrats for the shooting even before we know anything about the motive of the shooter,” said Rich Luchette, a Democratic strategist. “Remember, Hinckley shot Reagan because he was obsessed with Jodie Foster, not because of his politics. I think it says a lot and none of it’s very good, especially in this age of hyperpartisanship and misinformation.”

And Trump’s 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted: “This is either one of the worst failures in Secret Service history or a deep state plot. There’s no way this should have ever happened.”​

Some Republicans circulated a recent report in which Biden, on a private call with donors, used the word "bull's-eye" to describe turning the focus to Trump, describing it as violent rhetoric.​

In an interview, Rep. Derrick Van Orden, R-Wis., said “it is obvious” the shooting at the Trump rally “was because of the leftists.” While he said he condemns “100% of all political violence,” he argued it was “much more so on the left than on the right —

When Collins, the Georgia Republican congressman, posted without evidence Sunday that "Joe Biden sent the orders," it drew a rebuke from Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis.

"This is a continuation of the bulls--- rhetoric that drives political violence," Pocan responded. "A likely assassination attempt and gun violence on Trump is awful on many levels. Adding jet fuel to the political climate is unbecoming of a member of Congress."

Trump didn't join the finger-pointing. The rapid reactions came before authorities revealed the identity of the shooter, whose motive is still unclear, according to investigators.

The last time I was confused was when the good doctor slapped me on the ass the moment I entered this world.

Be Better.

Comment

You are confusing pointing out facts with incendiary rhetoric. They are pointing out the incendiary rhetoric that helped to fuel what happened yesterday.

I'm not here to get into a pissing match.

None of us know what's next, but I have the feeling that July 13, 2024 is the day the silent majority (or perhaps now the silent minority) is done being quiet and pushed around by the media and elites.

And if a few ******* get their feelings hurt when they are called out, so be it, and I don't care which side of the aisle they represent.

Comment

The facts are not yet established.

I am thankful that for some reason, Trump is currently the sane "Conservative" in the room..

"I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured. It is incredible that such an act can take place in our Country. Nothing is known at this time about the shooter, who is now dead. I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear. I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin. Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening. GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

Dare I say look to your leader for an explanation of the facts?

And as far as one side calling the other side's election the end of civilization, that hyperbole has been regurgitated by politicians since time began. The Republicans have ABSOLUTELY worn that rhetoric out long ago.

Comment

The facts are established. "There's dangerous rhetoric on both sides, blahblahblahblahblah." But ONLY ONE CANDIDATE GOT SHOT.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          The facts are established. "There's dangerous rhetoric on both sides, blahblahblahblahblah." But ONLY ONE CANDIDATE GOT SHOT.
                          Those are facts.

Comment

The great danger here is what happens next. We have dozens upon dozens of folks in this country, from all walks of life, capable of doing something heinous in order to get their name in the bright lights. This kid who shot Trump could have just watched an episode of The Boys (mildly entertaining depraved show on Amazon) in order to develop a method for his madness - provoking retaliation via False Flag attack.

This is why it's so important to remain neutral until the facts are at hand. Anything else and you're just being a useful idiot for those who don't have your best interests in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

This is a twisted, sick fukking take
                              Just wondering what was said that is considered "sick". It sounds very rational to me. The responses on this board are what I'd expect from the other side. I honestly expected better.

Trump has been very divisive since his campaign started in 2016. I went to his rally in Wichita then. There was a tension in the air I've never felt before with all of the protestors at that time.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

The great danger here is what happens next. We have dozens upon dozens of folks in this country, from all walks of life, capable of doing something heinous in order to get their name in the bright lights. This kid who shot Trump could have just watched an episode of The Boys (mildly entertaining depraved show on Amazon) in order to develop a method for his madness - provoking retaliation via False Flag attack.

This is why it's so important to remain neutral until the facts are at hand. Anything else and you're just being a useful idiot for those who don't have your best interests in mind.
                                LOLZZZ

I can buy that you and the attempted assassin who is now dead watch the same ‘depraved’ Amazon series.

Also priceless from you, remain neutral and wait for the facts. All the while you roll out your own false flag conspiracy!

Comment

Working...
                                X