Louisiana & Texas want to secede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana & Texas want to secede

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.
    Last edited by BenWSU; November 10, 2012, 09:35 PM.

3001 signing a petition is not a State. Now all of the Conch Republic wanted our civil war. Of course what was really wanted was a few zillions in relief aid and a free highway
    In the fast lane

Comment

I heard Texas hit the number needed, not surprising, and someone said there are 17 other states that have petitions up. Looks like LA got the number too. Obviously nothing will happen but it makes me smile
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Guess the count is up to all Fifty states now. As the Examiner asks, now what?

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Of course it will never happen. But just imagine if it did. Who would be left to turn out the light's when the show was over?
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Part of me could eventually see groups of states actually forming their own countries. Not sure when, but at some point, without drastic changes, this country will be forced into drastic changes that could potentially lead to a couple of new countries. Maybe at some point we'll have elected officials that actually want to do something positive for the country instead of blindly driving us over every cliff they see.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Part of me could eventually see groups of states actually forming their own countries. Not sure when, but at some point, without drastic changes, this country will be forced into drastic changes that could potentially lead to a couple of new countries. Maybe at some point we'll have elected officials that actually want to do something positive for the country instead of blindly driving us over every cliff they see.
            Abraham Lincoln will personally rise from the dead, put you in prison and then kick your ass for even suggesting such a possibility.

I wish I could say I agree with you but we now live in a country where neither the people nor the states have the ability to militarily resist the federal government. The moment a state voted to secede it would be pounced upon by the president's federal henchmen (which is what the military will be by the time that happens). We couldn't even rely on the National Guard anymore since they are ultimately controlled by the feds.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Abraham Lincoln will personally rise from the dead, put you in prison and then kick your ass for even suggesting such a possibility.

I wish I could say I agree with you but we now live in a country where neither the people nor the states have the ability to militarily resist the federal government. The moment a state voted to secede it would be pounced upon by the president's federal henchmen (which is what the military will be by the time that happens). We couldn't even rely on the National Guard anymore since they are ultimately controlled by the feds.
              In my scenario, the Federal Gov't would be in such a poor state of affairs that the breaking up into a handful of countries would be best case scenario. I know as things are right now there's no way in hell it'd work, but if things deteriorate down the road like they're on pace to do....
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If Texas leaves without us I will be pizzed..........

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  If that happens, I'll move south
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm going to set up a site called Royalslist so all the people going to Texas can work out property trades with all the people who leave!

Comment

Texas demographically will be a blue state in 10 years.

Just think "walking dead virus"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Please God no... Texas is way too successful of a state to go down that path.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          If Texas is thinking of leaving, I would imagine they will stay and Nebraska, Colorado and Missouri will leave fearing what would remain if Texas left. :)

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                            If Texas is thinking of leaving, I would imagine they will stay and Nebraska, Colorado and Missouri will leave fearing what would remain if Texas left. :)
                            Well played my friend
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Marco Rubio will save us!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X