Iranian President Helicopter Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian President Helicopter Crashes

It has been almost 12 hours, and they are still searching for the "hard landing" site. The search is being hampered by fog.

All passengers on board the helicopter, including Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, were killed in the crash on Sunday.

The president and foreign minister were traveling together.

It is reported that Iranian television has suspended broadcasting and is airing the Quran in preparation for the important announcement.

Comment

In the meantime...

Iran.jpg

Comment

Turkey has sent a all-weather drone to help Iran locate the crash site.

Iran has requested a night vision search and rescue helicopter from Türkiye following the helicopter accident, the Turkish disaster management agency said.

Türkiye is also sending 32 search and rescue mountaineers and six vehicles to support Iran's rescue operation, the country's Disaster and Emergency Management Authority said in a statement.

Comment

I don't know why this is a big story. The President of Iran is nothing more than a figurehead.

Comment

Clare Quilty @cquilty52

BREAKING: Ebrahim Raisi has updated his pronouns to was/were​

Comment

Iran has to get search and resue teams from other countries?

Yeah, you guys are big time....
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The first photos are coming out - small pieces.

“We can see the wreckage, and the situation does not look good,” the head of Iran’s Red Crescent,
                It has been confirmed that the Butcher of Tehran (and assumed successor to Khamenei) is dead. There will be no love lost for some of Iranians as he was responsible for ordering thousands of political prisoners to be executed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I don't know why this is a big story. The President of Iran is nothing more than a figurehead.
                  True, but it is consequential as many experts assumed he was the successor to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who is 85 and in poor health.

Comment

and of course Biden's people..........................

​Biden is going to put out condolences for the Iranian mass murderer

Comment

Was he? I assumed it was Kaleesi’s son that was next in line as Supreme leader? I realize the President would naturally be seen as a possible successor, but these cowards like to keep it in the family .

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        and of course Biden's people..........................

​Biden is going to put out condolences for the Iranian mass murderer
                        His administration did just that:

And the U.S. Senate got in on the act as well:

I guess I should send along my thoughts to the Iranian poeple as well:

Comment

This seems like a campaign ad waiting to write itself. How this administration mourned the death of a bigot, homophobic, religious zealot.

I'll just say that if Harrison Butker's speech is out of line, this guy should not be given any praise.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Was he? I assumed it was Kaleesi’s son that was next in line as Supreme leader? I realize the President would naturally be seen as a possible successor, but these cowards like to keep it in the family .
                            Supposedly, he is against "hereditary" succession. They are afraid that it will look like the "Shah." Of course, he might be against it because his predecessor has a couple of grandchildren who may have a more popular case for succession.

Comment

Working...
                            X