Obama vs Romeny Debate #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama vs Romeny Debate #3

No knockout Regan type game changing moment going to happen. For Romney at best is he might get a tie, but unless something happened big for him before I started watching it is going to be Obama win.

Romney is much better talking economy than foriegn policy.

Comment

Romney blew the election by playing it safe and not going for the throat tonight on Libya.

First half hour was more or less a draw then he let Obama bully him the rest of the way.

Comment

Votes won't be changed because of tonight. The President acted desperate because he is....Romney played it safe because he knows he's ahead.

Comment

Ahead is overstating it. It's about as close to a coinflip as it gets.

Romney had the ball on his own 30 with 1:00 to go and 3 timeouts. He took a knee twice and opted to take his chances in overtime.

I hate that approach.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Votes won't be changed because of tonight. The President acted desperate because he is....Romney played it safe because he knows he's ahead.
            yep

Comment

No fan likes the prevent defense, but it works more often than not. All Romney had to do was look Presidential and prepared for the job.

I can't see the polls changing after tonight.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                No fan likes the prevent defense, but it works more often than not. All Romney had to do was look Presidential and prepared for the job.

I can't see the polls changing after tonight.
                The prevent defense works amazing when you are decisively ahead.

Romney is not decisively ahead.

I'm a conservative, but guys, it's fine to admit when your guy misses an opportunity. This happened tonight.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I wish Romney would have been more aggressive.

I think the campaign fears giving negative talking points. When they're competing with Monday Night Football, the NLCS, etc, I don't see this debate having the viewers as the last two. Many people will only hear sound-bites from this debate.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    If by playing it safe, you meant that Romney went against everything he talked about during the campaign and agreed with about every foreign policy position that President Obama had, then I would have to agree.

Comment

Bumping for unfortunate relevance.

A couple weeks later and we can now see that Romentum hit a concrete wall immediately after this debate when examining state and national polls.

The Schottenheimer approach of playing it overly safe apparently sucks in professions outside of just pro football.

Comment

Working...
                      X