Stimulus money at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus money at work

A manufacturing plant that doesn't manufacture anything (funded by our tax dollars).

Obama doesn't give stimulus money - Congress does that. LG Chem is in Michigan. Michigan has 2 Democrat Senators. 5 of their 6 Reps in the House are Republicans. Do you think any of those 8 congessional representatives voted against the government spending that money? I don't have the voting records, but I'd wager that 5 Republicans and 3 Democrats in Congress voted for that particular stimulus package.

It's my opinion that the Democrats spending habits are insane, but there are very few Republicans in Washington who will vote for reduced spending if it's in their state. Everybody in Washington is trying to make everybody else pay for everything and trying to get the maximum they can out of the government for their constituency.

Republicns are trying to shift the tax burden to those supporting the Democratic party. Democrats are trying to shift the tax burden to those who support the Republican party. Both parties are absolutely pillaging the Treasury if it benefits their constituency.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Obama doesn't give stimulus money - Congress does that.
      Not true. Congress approved the original act and allocations as to which federal agencies would receive what funds. Approval and distribution of the money is done by federal agencies which are under the executive branch.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
      X