Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the libertarian?

Democratic and Republican elites fear RFK Jr.’s growing path to victory

While many “experts” still dismiss the possibility of an independent or third-party candidate winning the election, there seems to be a bit more hand-wringing and whistling past the graveyard amongst both Democratic and Republican operatives. Most especially as there is now a possibility that Kennedy may run on the Libertarian Party ticket

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Democratic and Republican elites fear RFK Jr.’s growing path to victory

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...th-to-victory/
    Nobody fears his ability to win. 3rd party candidates affect presidential elections, but do not win them. RFK has supported liberal agendas all of his life and will continue until his death.
    I will give him a nod for not supporting the woke agendas, but he isn't going to get many conservatives votes nor too many far leftist votes, which is the majority of Dem voters these days.
    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; February 4, 2024, 04:27 AM.

Comment

RFK, Jr. is not a libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        No but he would hoodwink all the NeverTrumpers and just enough independents into believing he is. They have shown themselves more than capable of buying into whatever the leftist media tells them to, and the leftist media will happily do so to stay in power.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wolf in sheeps clothing but still better than the guy in there now by a ton

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No but he would hoodwink all the NeverTrumpers and just enough independents into believing he is. They have shown themselves more than capable of buying into whatever the leftist media tells them to, and the leftist media will happily do so to stay in power.
            So you are a libertarian. Are you hearing things like JFK and the Libertarian party forming a bond?

Most experts I have read believe if he gets on the ballots in all of the states, he will play the Biden spoiler and give Trump the easy win.

Comment

No, but he would pull a good Ross Perot impression for the other side thirty years later.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So you are a libertarian. Are you hearing things like JFK and the Libertarian party forming a bond?

Most experts I have read believe if he gets on the ballots in all of the states, he will play the Biden spoiler and give Trump the easy win.
                I haven't been a Libertarian (capital L) for a long time. They lost me with fringe stances on policy so long ago that I don't even remember what the concerns were. I'm still a Milton Friedman libertarian (small L) at heart, probably, but the Libertarian Party has been dead to me for a very long time.

IMO a Libertarian Party candidate with lots of money and backing will siphon off all the NeverTrumpers and a small portion of conservative leaning independents. The Democrat ballot harvesting machine will make sure that liberal voters that matter -- the liberals in critical counties of swing states -- vote Democrat in those areas. It only takes a surprisingly low number of counties in a small number of swing states to determine an election. Corruption in just a few targeted counties can absolutely make a difference. If there is corruption, that will also skew results in the Democrat's favor.

So I believe that RFK can only damage Trump's chances, not help him. It's possible that Trump's chances are swelling enough to overcome the Democrat ballot harvesting machine though?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I agree that RFK isn't a libertarian, but will also admit that he has endeared himself to many by at least being open to dialogue with those outside of the typical R or D bubble. I find it hard to believe that the LP would put him on the ticket as he does have some views that are hard to support from a libertarian perspective. I think I mentioned back over the summer that he went to a Free State Convention and was ruthlessly condemned by the democratic party for doing so. I believe the NH Dems even issued a formal request for him to withdraw from it or something.

So, a lot of libertarians will listen to him. They definitely aren't going to agree with a number of issues, but it's nice to have someone who at least seems open to talking to the majority rather than focus strictly on those that generally walk the party lines.

With that said, I've seen some support from both sides of the aisle as he seems less extreme, at least from what I've seen in the past, than what the two major parties generally run. That alone will attract people from all political sides who are tired of party politics dictating everything and shitting on the masses.

It will be interesting to follow his progress though over the next few months
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Perot has been the only 3rd party runner I have ever considered. He was spot on but unfortunately that boat has sailed / disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                    X