Really liked this piece about Embassy Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really liked this piece about Embassy Attack

Why is a "film industry vet" helping the FBI find the filmmaker? Why is the FBI trying to find the film-maker? Why is the film-maker meeting with attorneys?

Comment

Why is the White House and the media blaming this "film" for the violence in the Middle East? This film has been out for a few moths now I believe. Did all of the Middle East jump on YouTube at the same time to watch some film that very few had seen or heard of? And this all happened to take place on the 11th anniversary?

We need to stop blaming this man for what's happened over there. Sure, it's a horrible film with bad acting and poor dialogue, but it is what it is. And it isn't something that should ever lead to what has happened recently. In fact, it isn't something that lead to what has happened. What has happened has more to do with our extremely weak foreign policy and desire to appease the Muslim world no matter what that means to other allies or ourselves. It's embarassing.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Probably 90% of those people involved don't even have a computer and never even saw what was in the trailer.

Comment

The 1st amendment sure seems to be a hassle to this administration.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I think the govt in general. It only applies until it gets in their way.

Comment

South Park has been making fun of all religions for years. None of this should be a revelation.

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              ...and to others. Just ask the Dixie Chicks or anyone who has been victimized by the USA Patriot Act. Unfortunately, this is also nothing new, and it's just as disturbing as it's always been.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

How was the 1st Amendment a hassle to the Dixie Chicks? Seems like they used it just as it was meant to be used. And I recall nary a statement out of the Bush White House when they did.

Comment

Dixie Chicks excercised their 1st Amendment Right to Free Speech. Many of us excercised our right not to buy their music anymore. I don't recall the government pursuing any "action" against them.

The filmmaker excercised his right to free speech, if you don't like it don't watch it! Or are you suggesting it is akin to yelling fire in a crowded theatre? This is a slippery slope if you want to interpret this in that way. I frankly don't give a flying &*%$ what any of the radical islamists think or say. The world IMHO would be better off if they all glowed in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                  X