The Witch Hunt Wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witch Hunt Wins?

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency says it will take Lance Armstrong's Tour de France titles

First, I don't believe the USADA has any authority to strip him of his titles since that would be the decision of the Tour and/or the international doping agency and governing body. Second, he's been the most tested man in all of sports, often being tested within minutes of getting off the bike and has never been found guilty of doping by those who appeared to want him to be guilty the most. Third, this man is a health nut and there's massive amounts of documentation about the excessive amounts of work and energy he put into preparing for the Tour de France. More work than anybody else out there. Fourth, I honestly believe him when he says he knows that doping would jeopardize the work he's done with cancer foundations and his own Livestrong Foundation and that he wouldn't do that. That was a big part of him before he ever won a Tour. Fifth, the Feds have been chasing him for years trying to find something and couldn't. The fact that he's been found innocent on multiple occasions says more to me than what the USADA has decided. I don't think their ruling is going to have much, or any effect on Lance and his legacy to the sport or the inspiration he's provided to millions of cancer patients around the world.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Was this a massive oversight on your part, or do you really believe that this is a political issue?

I know quite a few people who are quite active in the competitive cycling community, and all (??, sorry never actually took a poll) of them were convinced that Armstrong was involved with doping. This is consistent with statements made by many of his former teammates.

It should always be remembered that doping is only part of the equation in performance. These things aren't magical. No substance will make you a champion. There will always be inhuman levels of work, sacrifice and drive involved. Let's not forget that aspect.

In many ways, we admire athletes precisely because they do things that we can't or won't.
    I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

I don't know if Armstrong doped or didn't dope, but at this point, I don't care. If he cheated, he cheated and if he didn't, he didn't. Let sleeping dogs lie. It seems to me that a whole lot of misplaced energy is being spent.

Next thing you know, they will be investigating Chuck Wepner for doping. Yeah, we all know Wepner doped, but that was after he retired.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Either he pissed hot (figurative) or not. All other is hearsay.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It is not only the Feds who have been hounding him for years (since 1999). The French have been after him unmercifully for years too as they can't stand to see an American dominate their precious Tour de France as Armstrong did.

Comment

And yet the most tested man in history has never tested positive. I also enjoy how all evidence has said he's clean for a decade + but the USADA claims to have something but won't release what it is. They have nothing and I have no idea why they've had this agenda against him.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X