Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama vs Romney - Polling

Romney vs Obama - started from August 1

Two plots, 1 showing the averages. 2nd plot showing uncertainty. None of these polls should be showing any effects of the Romney VP selection.

Capture.JPG

As me and Kung Wu were arguing over whether Romney was gaining momentum or not - I found out something very interesting the different places summarizing the polls are heavily smoothing the overall trends. There was a IBD (investor business daily) poll where Romney got 39% that was really bringing his numbers down. So this is my version - and yes Kung Wu you were right, it does seem that Romney is gaining strength and these polls results really don't show any effects to the VP announcement.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Capture.JPG

Obama is now getting a pretty considerable bump from the convention.

Comment

I expect that bump to flatten out within the next two weeks. The Romney campaign will be going extremely hard with the ad's and ground game, now that they can officially spend the Presidential fundraising money.

Comment

I think Joe Scarborough is right on with his assessment of the Romney campaign:

"Romney will lose if he doesn't dramatically change his strategy," he said."Negative ads won't substitute for conservative ideas."....

....Scarborough also on Saturday criticized Romney for his vague policies.

"Romney has been clear he will avoid specifics on balancing the budget and shrinking government. Not the Reagan and Thatcher way," he said."The truth is that Thatcher would have lost in 1979 and Reagan would have lost in 1980 if they had run as timid a campaign ad Mitt Romney."

I watched the Republican convention at least expecting them to tell me how they were going to cut spending at least some spending. All I heard was increases and things that were off the table. No ideas or plans on what to cut. No cuts to Medicare (not even the $736 Billion that Obama wants to cut), No cuts to Social Security, INCREASED Defense spending and oh yeah $5 trillion more in tax cuts. That does not seem like a recipe to cut the deficit to me.

I think Romney isn't running with conservative ideas because he is not a conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            I think Romney isn't running with conservative ideas because he is not a conservative.
            He has two major problems, he is a Mass. Republican - which means he's a moderate liberal and he is not a Christian.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Undecided voter trends
              Attached Files

Comment

With the shennanigans the Romney campaign and GOP pulled at the RNC, they alienated the liberty wing of the party. He has no chance of winning.

Comment

What did they pull? What is the liberty wing?

Comment

They unseated several duly elected Maine delegates and replaced them with Romney supporters to make sure Ron Paul wouldn't have enough states to have his name put into nomination. It was a blatant disregard of their own party rules. Then they also failed to recognize or count any of the votes Ron Paul actually received during the roll call vote (most of the media counted and kept track of them).

They also tried to pass a new rule for 2016 that said if Romney wins in 2012 he gets to sign off on all delegates in 2016 (essentially re-assuring his renomination in 2016 without any opposition). They did compromise on that rule change (although I don't know what the compromise is).

Comment

I like Ron Paul. That said, he can do NOTHING in this election other than to "Ross Perot" Obama to reelection. How can any _Republican_ not appreciate and respect that? I understand a _Libertarian_ being upset but it's not their party.

Ron lost, Romney won. And the single most important thing right now is shutting down Obama. Get Mr. Moderate Romney elected, then let Mr. Ryan have his day in the sun.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        With the shennanigans the Romney campaign and GOP pulled at the RNC, they alienated the liberty wing of the party. He has no chance of winning.
                        With the shenanigans the Paul people were threatening, don't be surprised when you suffer the consequences.

Libertarians would do well to study the Communist influence within the Democratic party over the last century. They didn't whine and complain, they changed the foundations of the party from the inside. The Fed was finally audited, this does not happen outside of Ron Paul's influence. Keep working within the Republican party and you will continue to see changes for the good.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

What shennanigans by Paul supporters? Are you referring to playing by the party rules until the establishment decides it doesn't benefit them and then changing them with a scripted vote on the convention floor despite the clear need for a roll call vote? Were you aware that the primary supporters of the minority report (those against the rule changes going to a floor vote) were driven around on a bus until after the rules committee meeting so they couldn't present their case? Who do you think arranged that? Two members of the rules committee were removed prior to the committee meeting and replaced with supporters of the proposed rules. The whole rule-change process was corrupt.

There is also video evidence that when the voice vote was made on the rule changes, the teleprompter being read by the chair already said "In the opinion of the chair, the "ayes" have it". The audio was clear that the yays and nos were at least equal. Calls for points of order where subsequently ignored. Apparently, the exact same scripted vote results were done at the DNC, too.

Both parties are being run from the top-down and if the grassroots don't get into lockstep behind it, they will be marginalized.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            What shennanigans by Paul supporters? Are you referring to playing by the party rules until the establishment decides it doesn't benefit them and then changing them with a scripted vote on the convention floor despite the clear need for a roll call vote? Were you aware that the primary supporters of the minority report (those against the rule changes going to a floor vote) were driven around on a bus until after the rules committee meeting so they couldn't present their case? Who do you think arranged that? Two members of the rules committee were removed prior to the committee meeting and replaced with supporters of the proposed rules. The whole rule-change process was corrupt.

There is also video evidence that when the voice vote was made on the rule changes, the teleprompter being read by the chair already said "In the opinion of the chair, the "ayes" have it". The audio was clear that the yays and nos were at least equal. Calls for points of order where subsequently ignored. Apparently, the exact same scripted vote results were done at the DNC, too.

Both parties are being run from the top-down and if the grassroots don't get into lockstep behind it, they will be marginalized.
                            Wow, I hadn't heard anything about this, but that's some serious crappiness right there.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hey, hey for the Kung dude.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I like Ron Paul. That said, he can do NOTHING in this election other than to "Ross Perot" Obama to reelection. How can any _Republican_ not appreciate and respect that? I understand a _Libertarian_ being upset but it's not their party.

Ron lost, Romney won. And the single most important thing right now is shutting down Obama. Get Mr. Moderate Romney elected, then let Mr. Ryan have his day in the sun.
                              Kung,
                              You've had some weird ass posts on here before, but this one hit the nail on the head.
                              It is indeed an opinion of sanity and a voice of reason.

Say what you will about Romney (and Ryan), at the very least they will not destroy the country.

Four more years of Barack Hussein Obama and that's exactly what will happen.

If there was ever the slightest doubt, just remember, BHO is the candidate for the Occupyers.

Enough said.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                              X