Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney VP

Petraeus? If so, good or bad?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Good - A name and a man that a significant number of Americans are familiar with.
    A good track record - A popular General - and it is likely many people would likely feel he could step in if anything happpened to #1.

Questionable/Unknown - Does he bring votes (key states) which is what Romney needs most? The half dozen times I have viewed him and heard him speak, his manner and speech seem much more stilted than charismatic.

Comment

Rob Portman
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        He'd be fantastic but I have my doubts that Drudge is correct here. He's said with conviction that he's not interested in a political career, and I tend to believe men of uniform when they say things like that.

Comment

I nominate WuDrWu

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            He'd be fantastic but I have my doubts that Drudge is correct here. He's said with conviction that he's not interested in a political career, and I tend to believe men of uniform when they say things like that.
            Right. It would not surprise me at all if Obama was completely, yet again, misinformed.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Rubio is the clear cut choice for VP. Expect an announcement at the Republican Convention. It is a commonality for potential VPs to express no interest in the office. This position has probably been wrapped up for awhile, just waiting for the convention to generate a buzz and give Romney momentum.

Comment

I'm guessing Bob McDonell, announced within the next week or so.
                Last edited by pinstripers; August 7, 2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

As long as they are a fierce advocate for conservatism, I'm all for them.

But please no boring white guy...
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Fred Thompson....
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      But please no boring white guy...
                      I'm afraid that what it is going to be. Romney knows he not going to win, so he is ultimately trying to position himself for 2016 and he's not going take somebody as his VP who will be a competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        I'm afraid that what it is going to be. Romney knows he not going to win, so he is ultimately trying to position himself for 2016 and he's not going take somebody as his VP who will be a competitor.
                        Why does Romney feel he won't win? He is shellacing Obama in fundraising and Obama's campaign is already grasping at straws with trying to keep the spotlight off his job performance. Obama now has a record, and it's not one he can run on. The pollsters and media are lying to themselves on how far apart this race really is. Republicans are far more motivated to vote than the Democrats. If the election were held today it would be a landslide victory for Romney. For many Independants, this election is more about ousting Obama than electing Romney.

Comment

2012 is Romney's only shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            He's not interested.

Comment

Americans are war weary and bringing in even a great general is not going to generate much excitment for the base.

Comment

Working...
                              X