Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember to Vote for Dave Dahl today!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember to Vote for Dave Dahl today!!!!

Sorry, a little late with the reminder...I really don't want that Maughan lady to win. It was kind of dumb she wanted time on the radio equal to Dave Dahl's calling of Shocker games.

Dahl cannot do color commentary on WSU radio broadcasts because he is running for Sedgwick County judge. To appear on the air, he would need a waiver of equal access to public airways from his opponent. Faith Maughan, his opponent, declined to grant the waiver which would allow KNSS to put Dahl on the air for basketball games.

"Ultimately, KNSS has the decision," Maughan campaign chairman Dennis Wetta said. "KNSS would otherwise have to give Faith equal time on the air, and we presume that's why they need the waiver."

Question, can unaffiliated voters vote today? I was thinking if you're not a register Democrat you can affiliate at the time of voting.

Comment

Off the top of my head, I think you have to be affiliated to vote today.

Dave is a great Shocker. Would love to see him win, and I expect him to.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
        Question, can unaffiliated voters vote today? I was thinking if you're not a register Democrat you can affiliate at the time of voting.
        Just came back from the voting station and yes you can vote if your unaffiliated. You will have to decide then if you want to vote on the Democrat or Republican ballet. You can only vote under one.

Comment

Apparently things have changed. I know a few years ago you had to be a Republican to vote in their primaries.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

did he win?

Comment

He's having his butt handed to him.

He's behind 11,038 to 8,891 (55% - 45%). That's, of course, if the reported numbers from Sedgwick County are right, because there seems to be an issue with that.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Now they've completely switched it and are showiong Dahl with the 11,000 and 55% and his opponent with the lower numbers. The number of votes and percentages stayed the same, but they switched who had which votes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

[MENTION][/MENTION]
                  Originally posted by Aargh View Post

He's behind 11,038 to 8,891 (55% - 45%). That's, of course, if the reported numbers from Sedgwick County are right, because there seems to be an issue with that.
                  Did you misread it or are you playing with us?

It shows the opposite with 0% of Precincts counted.

Edit: I just saw your next post.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You have that backwards...he's ahead 55% - 45%....which is pretty much what I expected. I registered Republican today and had a little fun.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      You have that backwards...he's ahead 55% - 45%....which is pretty much what I expected. I registered Republican today and had a little fun.
                      He didn't have it backwards. That is how they were reporting it at one time and then they just reversed it. The Sedgwick County Election Office was NOT very impressive today. The results came in very slowly and even then it was hard to tell how much was in. Then all of a sudden they said it was 100%. Some of the numbers look kind of funny too. One Kansas House primary shows the winner won like 232 to 114. I can't believe the turn out would be that low in a contested primary.

I had fun voting for Dave Dahl too. Usually I have a really hard time voting for Judges, it is hard to really tell who to vote for, but not in that race.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        He didn't have it backwards. That is how they were reporting it at one time and then they just reversed it. The Sedgwick County Election Office was NOT very impressive today. The results came in very slowly and even then it was hard to tell how much was in. Then all of a sudden they said it was 100%. Some of the numbers look kind of funny too. One Kansas House primary shows the winner won like 232 to 114. I can't believe the turn out would be that low in a contested primary.

I had fun voting for Dave Dahl too. Usually I have a really hard time voting for Judges, it is hard to really tell who to vote for, but not in that race.
                        Not sure, I had been following on KWCH and Kansas.com all evening and Dahl never trailed. The problem they where having was in confusion on how many Precincts had reported, the votes themselves were never screwed up. I noticed Faith started running a pretty negative campaign towards the end. Glad Dave won!!!

Comment

I met Dave in STL once and had him as a teacher at WSU. I can't imagine a better person in the role of judge.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                          X